cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a phishing scam private message on here today.

MagFhinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a phishing scam private message on here early this morning about a chance to win an iPhone 12 if I go to some website and fill out the form. I ignored the user but it would be good to be able to flag users to admins to hopefully limit the spread and potential of someone falling for this bs. I couldn't see anything other then ignore user. 

Cheers,

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4

Kylome
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the exact same one at the same time. Already reported.

MagFhinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see now, to get into the 'full message' you need to click on the subject. The way it comes up it looks like the subject is part of the body of the message and was a link from said spammer/scammer so I didn't want to click on it. Once I got to the desktop I could see the link url was to the message itself.

Reported. Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Ryan

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@MagFhinn 

Report it for moderator's to block them then delete it.

Catherine_T_0-1607610442992.png

  

Public Mobile has been working on these scammers. See link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you.

Happy Holidays!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@MagFhinn wrote:

Got a phishing scam private message on here early this morning about a chance to win an iPhone 12 if I go to some website and fill out the form. I ignored the user but it would be good to be able to flag users to admins to hopefully limit the spread and potential of someone falling for this bs. I couldn't see anything other then ignore user. 

Cheers,

Ryan

@MagFhinn As already noted in many messages and threads, select "report" bottom left of message, type spam, submit, then delete, bottom right. There is a "sticky" thread under announcements on the community page:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Need Help? Let's chat.