Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geek

Kered13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Funny, I've been geeked - ?

Hoping a good thing.

Also these bravos, what do they mean and  these badges earned.

At a loss - where do I go to find out?

These wonderful mentions are much appreciated.

Great patient and understanding users.

Cheers

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kered13 

Many of the badges are kinda meaningless. They're milestone achievements to mark your participation. If you hover over say darlicious's username and get the pop-up and click on the +25 little grey thing to the right you'll see all of her badges. That's it. As you participate, you'll get them anyway. The ones that keep going are the reward-level badges.

As for the newly minted term "geeked" (as far as I know around these parts)...that user does a lot of the clean-up maintenance here. Other Oracle's do other tasks. Over time they've each kind of settled in to find their niche of what they do around here.

If you're on a desktop browser replying to a post and you see a red bar appear above the text box then you know the thread got moved. Copy your text, go find the thread, reply again, paste.

Unfortunately, a mobile browser does not give you the red bar. You only see it afterwards. Now your post is gone. That one kinda sucks.

As for the solution being disabled, that's a side effect of threads being moved and merged. Thank you for the solution again. You might have noticed I put in two smiley's on my "complaining" post. It's not a thing I'm going to make any actual big deal about ie. flame-war with the perpetrator and complaining off to the mods or company people. It's not worth the aggravation to me.

Bravo's earned and solutions received are apparently a part of the computation for the Community reward. Although even that can be peculiar sometimes as evidenced last month when a very high performer here just dropped out of sight after 10 days of the month and somehow even with that managed to get to top 1%. Not sure how. Certainly something more than nothing but top 1%? @darlicious has become our resident statistician around here (openly anyway 🙂 ). Maybe she has a comment on that if she cares to comment.

Anyway...participate here because you like to help others. The monetary reward is pittance for the amount of time you would need to put in to get the most reward. So it would be suggested to not make it about the reward. Help when you have some time or sitting watching tv and refresh the page and see if you care to answer a post. Then get a little surprise early-ish each month to go towards your plan cost. Then do it again. The Community reward resets each month. You don't just keep getting it off your plan.

@Kered13 

Well @Triguy supplied the link about badges I better fess up to the geeking..... that was a little gentle ribbing towards our hard working but retired oracle computergeek541 who does the vast majority of moving posts and organizing the community boards. I like to complain that he messes with my posts by moving the thread while I'm typing thus giving me nothing to reply to.....so it's kind of bad but not really.....as was losing the solutions for @RosieR  and @Anonymous  when the threads were merged.....so bad but not really.....

Need Help? Let's chat.