cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding myself

Kered13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once I post a question, where do I go to find it?

14 REPLIES 14

@Kered13 

You are doing great and your curiosity and enthusiasm will take you far in this community. We're all a bunch of help junkies who get off on the natural endorphins  produced in our brains by advocacy, sharing of knowledge and thank you's ( along with bravos and solutions we like those too!)

The search bar is your best friend....i know it's mine. I use it everyday as i continue to learn after just over a year here on the community. Trust me I knew barely anything with my trusty flip phone back up and forced upon smartphone. I won't get into my barely existent computer skills......yes I can hear the laughter fellow members....lol! You can find the answers to all of the common issues most users experience. More specific problems that are usually unique to a members make and model of phone require fine tuning your search key words and looking at several posts with or without (sometimes) marked solutions. I find just tapping "go" with your search is easier than clicking on a specific thread so that several pages of options are available for you to read. This will allow you as a new member to find answers quickly and help contribute while still building up your knowledge. Reading a few solved threads to find the same solution can help confirm that the answer you may post is correct.

You will soon realize public mobile has many quirks, glitches, work arounds and trouble shooting techniques. Pay attention to these as they are commonly what is being posted as the issue and therefore become easy to diagnose and then offer the unique solutions members have figured out can solve them without the need of a moderator......the last resort solution for a member to recommend. Moderators should only be utilized for account specific access only issues.

Keep the questions coming......utilize the bravos, give members a chance to reply and offer their opinions before you choose a solution so the best tailored post becomes the solution. Your contributions no matter what stage you are at in your journey on the community are appreciated and contribute to the overall diversity the community offers.

Welcome to the public mobile community.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kered13 

There’s a bell icon on the top right that shows if you have a notification like that. If you want a page to visit to see if it’s a bravo then visit:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notificationfeed/page

@Kered13 wrote:

I would personally like to thank everyone who has been helping me out with my silly questions.

Of course being a newbie, I do not know how.

Until I figure this out please know I appreciate and respect you!

Thanks.

I guess my question is how to find you and say Thank You or need a bit more help on whatever the topic is?

Just know all assistance gets a wow or in our case some type of bravo?

@Kered13, for new people the best thing to do is ask questions when you need help or you can use the search function.  Do a lot of reading and you can learn a lot about PM.  There is an amazing amount of knowledge in the community and so many people willing to share their time to help out others.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Kered13 If you want to direct a reply at someone in particular that replied to your thread, type @ and a list will pop up of people active on the thread. Pick who you want to  and carry on. As for thanks, you can "bravo" the post of someone you think that has been helpful. Bottom left of each message is the "bravo" button. If someone's post has solved your issue, select "Accept as Solution", should be bottom right of message.

Kered13

I would personally like to thank everyone who has been helping me out with my silly questions.

Of course being a newbie, I do not know how.

Until I figure this out please know I appreciate and respect you!

Thanks.

I guess my question is how to find you and say Thank You or need a bit more help on whatever the topic is?

Just know all assistance gets a wow or in our case some type of bravo?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Click on your username will display your posts.

Click on your users and it will display the topics and views.  Refresh your screen and the thumb icon will show if you have received and Bravo's.

@popping wrote:

@Kered13 

Move your mouse pointer over your name ion your post.  It will show you your bravos and number of posts.  You have 4 posts and 1 bravo at the moment.

2 bravos now !! 

Welcome to Public Mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kered13 

Move your mouse pointer over your name ion your post.  It will show you your bravos and number of posts.  You have 4 posts and 1 bravo at the moment.

@Kered13 

Depending how you have set your notifications in your profile you will see it in your notification page, it will appear briefly in a pop up and you can look up in your profile who has bravoed you etc....

Look at top of this page for the little bell icon...it'll be highlighted when you get a bravo.

Just refresh your topic to see when you get any further replys.

Kered13

How to know when you have had a view - reply - bravo

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13 

It will appear on the landing page under latest topics and latest posts. You will also find it in the board you posted in....ie "rewards". You will also find it in your profile.

Need Help? Let's chat.