cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email? "Missed a payment? Your Public Mobile account is suspend."

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got this email yesterday, from publicmobileservice @ info.publicmobile.ca, insinuating my wife's account was suspended.  This is weird on two levels.  

First, she had used it to talk to me from the day before, which okay...  might track fine, but I know it wasn't the right date for renewal so I (the second reason) log in to check the account for dates.

• Payment Due Before: Nov 8, 2021
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing: $15.00

Obviously she shouldn't be, and in fact her account ISNT.  In fact I checked by calling it.  so why then did I receive an email insinuating?  My next thought was okay, its a phishing attack, that the links in the email would take me to another site... Nope, first to a telus site then forwards to the proper self serve url.

Does ANYONE know what's going on here?  I didn't get one myself. (I'll edit later with the screen shot of the email)

edit, images added.

4E3DC701-E34A-4156-8AFC-33F0D7DF4482.jpeg739BF0FF-D0C7-4918-8EE6-B60265F17BDD.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11

mcdale83
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Likely sent by PM on error. If you still have service you can ignore the email.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

The lottery analogy.....so what would be the point of reporting it to a CSA? Since the odds of it happening again are astronomical especially if the bf and @thomask 's wife get them on the same day again.

The point would be that if PM is gunna waste their customers time by sending them erroneous emails maybe wasting a pm  CSA's time reporting it so they can fix it  would be appropriate.   This is not a lottery like occurrence. I know it keeps all you helpers busy soothing things over for PM but the bottom line is it still costs a customer time to insure that it is a warning to ignore . 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As mentioned that this is by mistake and should be ignored, PM might be checking your CC validity `before` the autopay happens and something came back negative which could have triggered the system to send these emails.

@barndoor 

The lottery analogy.....so what would be the point of reporting it to a CSA? Since the odds of it happening again are astronomical especially if the bf and @thomask 's wife get them on the same day again.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thomask  .. since the lottery analogy  ... was there indeed a reason in the end that you received this, albeit with wonky timing ? For example is your credit card about to expire  in the next month or two or did it get changed in the last couple months ? 

If there is no reason then why should this not be reported to the CSR's  so that it is less apt to happen to someone else  ? Will the oracles read this and pass on the message  that there is an issue  or does this just slip through the cracks .  Maybe this  is after all one of those rules of the game that we are not to question. 🙄

thomask

@darlicious 

I had friday nites Lotto Max...  maybe I should get Tuesdays too lol

@thomask 

Lol....but when you bought them did you get an email from pm out of the blue on the same day?!! Oh well we missed our opportunity we should have bought 6/49 tickets for last nights draw!

Edit:

Lol...now that you posted a pic I change my answer to yes my bf got an email exactly like yours too!

Psyche!!📬

@thomask 

Similar to the bf's but I wouldn't say completely a mistake as it is addressed to your wife's....name as was the bf's...

Screenshot_20211017-015824~2.png

thomask

@darlicious 

dont go there… lol, last couple I won nada.

@thomask 

I went searching to see if any of the accounts that I manage or my own have ever received an email like yours...no but low and behold there is an email today on the bf's account informing him his autopay has failed....a week ago!

This is a first out of 8 accounts I actively manage to ever get an email about autopay failing. So I can frame it and put it with the one time a referrals suspended account (via lost/stolen) got a reminder email to reactivate in 3 days or the account would be cancelled and deactivated.

In my experience emails like these are more often than not one offs sometimes sent in the nick of time and it saves your ascot and at other times far too late to help like the bf's or in your case far too early.....there seems to be no rhyme or reason to them most of the time and very YMMV!!

I dunno overall emails like these are not so common maybe go buy a lottery ticket?!!😎

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@thomask wrote:

I got this email yesterday, from publicmobileservice @ info.publicmobile.ca, insinuating my wife's account was suspended.  This is weird on two levels.  

First, she had used it to talk to me from the day before, which okay...  might track fine, but I know it wasn't the right date for renewal so I (the second reason) log in to check the account for dates.

• Payment Due Before: Nov 8, 2021
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing: $15.00

Obviously she shouldn't be, and in fact her account ISNT.  In fact I checked by calling it.  so why then did I receive an email insinuating?  My next thought was okay, its a phishing attack, that the links in the email would take me to another site... Nope, first to a telus site then forwards to the proper self serve url.

Does ANYONE know what's going on here?  I didn't get one myself. (I'll edit later with the screen shot of the email)

Public Mobile sent the e-mail by mistake. Ignore the e-mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.