cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Posts

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello All (Community, Oracles, PM Representatives),

I seem to have the RosieRs' (yes, I am deeming this a condition that was last posted by @RosieR ).

So what's up with it?

Responding to posts, then disappearing? These posts are not being moved by Oracles. Sometimes they are not edited, by myself, at all.

So what up PM?

@RosieR  have you received any rhyme or reason for this?

EDIT:

@HALIMACS  and @RosieR  thanks for answering the "Where"  😁

As for the why, well, all your guesses are as good as mine, but all noted!

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious wrote:

Edit: Duh! Now i see what you're asking....this is actually hidden in your profile somewhere ...that is no longer accessible if it ever was.

@darlicious   thanks.. i guess i will need to keep this bookmark and never let it go away then.. 

thanks again

@softech 

I put one in my drafts when i was first supplied it in the PLAN EXPIRED?!!!!!! thread by @88cranston but i believe it is also in my **poof**thread and a couple others if you search missing or disappeared posts  few threads will come up that have it in it.

Edit: Duh! Now i see what you're asking....this is actually hidden in your profile somewhere ...that is no longer accessible if it ever was.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Check out this link to where these 'disappearing posts' are going to:

My Unmoderated Items - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@HALIMACS  I can get to My Umoderated Items using your link no issue... l likely will bookmark it.. thanks

my question is.. if i dont have the direct URL here (in case I lost it).. how do it get to it from the Community front page?  I look around and i don't seem to able to find it..

thanks

@Jb456 wrote:

Another one you may or may not see. Which is why I said stop the copy and paste of standard canned responses.

If others are using something the same then it may affect your post.

Screenshot_20201216_071958.jpg

@Jb456 thanks.  I have not seen this one yet.  😂

@kb_mv 

Oh......so you're that guy. lol..

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I suffer from this phenomenon from time to time with no apparent predictability of when it will hit. Once my second post disappears I pack up my ball and go home.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Another one you may or may not see. Which is why I said stop the copy and paste of standard canned responses.

If others are using something the same then it may affect your post.

Screenshot_20201216_071958.jpg

This is basically the spam filter catching things. PM tweaked stuff recently when the first spam win an iPhone messages started. Seems to affect newer accounts.

Copy pasting same thing over and over in short amount of time is one culprit, quick edits is another and multiple other reasons. Around last holidays (2019) when spammers came about whatever tweeks PM did affected regular posters as well (myself included) PM did something in their forum system to tweak and fix it for regular members. Not sure if what they do is by username or by group but last year whatever they did fixed many regular user issues. Haven't had the problem since. Maybe PM needs to go through their spam slitter settings and fix it for some newer members that post all the time.

To try to bypass this. Stop the copying pasting (like contact mods canned post everyone uses).

If you do have to copy something change the way it's worded & format before hitting post. Not just a few words but example.

If it's a big paragraph change some words and split it in lines with +++++ or ******* then continue writing underneath the split.

Or just write every post out O Natural. Lol.

If you post on one thread and a few seconds later jump in another thread and post sometime. Chances are it may get caught in the spam filter.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

Hello All (Community, Oracles, PM Representatives),

I seem to have the RosieRs' (yes, I am deeming this a condition that was last posted by @RosieR ).

So what's up with it?

Responding to posts, then disappearing? These posts are not being moved by Oracles. Sometimes they are not edited, by myself, at all.

So what up PM?

@RosieR  have you received any rhyme or reason for this?

Hi @esjliv Happy New Year!

It seemed that I must have tripped the spammer alert so most of my posts were considered spam.  I was so pi$$ed... I mean frustrated, that I had stopped posting for a while.  I just started posting again.. so far so good. 

Did you know that our Unmoderated Items are not arranged chronologically?  I didn't know that at the time.  So I couldn't find my posts that disappeared.  I finally found them on page 2 and 3.  So if your posts that disappeared are not found on page 1, look through other pages.

Best wishes 🌹🌹🌹

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

@HALIMACS 

@RosieR 

Ask @darlicious as she can give you a URL to see them. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @esjliv 

Great question.

Check out this link to where these 'disappearing posts' are going to:

My Unmoderated Items - Community (publicmobile.ca)

I think most will find that these posts disappear because they tend to contain hyperlinks whose formats are not fully compatible with Public Mobile's Community system.

It's happened with me before as well, however it is random.

[ EDIT:   Here's a recommendation.  Next time it happens - logout of of your Community account, then open a completely different browser (not just a new tab), login to your Community account and try posting the same information again.   See if it succeeds this time - it may mean a clearing of cache and cookies on your initial browser may help alleviate the problem.   As I said earlier, it's happened with me before, however it was so random and never occurred again so I took it for an anomaly.  ]

Need Help? Let's chat.