cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode

Pavlik07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public Mobil website have a dark theme? Would you want a dark theme or a different theme? I would for sure!!! I think it's better for your eyes

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pavlik07 if you're on a desktop you can probably find a browser plugin to do that for you.  For example, here's a Google search for such Chome add-ins that can do that:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA920CA920&sxsrf=ALeKk008MyPsXVhexIgyH7oi4ycWP99FHw%3A16...

EDIT: sorry didn't realize there's already a bunch of discussion about this approach in the thread.  Sorry for the duplicate info.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dark Mode (or any other theme) would be most welcome.

I never liked this yucky pastel beige colour. Almost identical to the boring, dull, and staid as 1980s-era IBM/AOL dial-up computing ... which to me seems very opposite to what a modern online-based tech-savvy company should be. People (myself included) have commented negatively about it here before.

I'm not fond of Chrome or Edge (because I'm not fond of Google and Microsoft), but I've just discovered that Dark Reader (for chromium-based browsers) works on this site. Khoros attempted to force the UI to lock visitors into this disgusting beige (which is absolutely rude, I think) but the extension still works as intended once you jiggle some sliders around.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  same steps for mobile devices.

chrome://flags/

Search dark mode 

Set to enabled.

I kind of like the look on mobile not on PC.

Screenshot_20201202_024439.jpg

@computergeek541 

chrome://flags

Search dark mode 

Switch force dark mode for web content from default to enabled.

popping

I forcibly enable dark mode on every website with Chrome browser.  My phone is running on Android 9.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/how-to-forcibly-enable-dark-mode-in-on...

@Pavlik07  You kind of can put it into a dark mode. It is not to pretty as you can see in my screenshots.

I haven't had time to play around to see if colors can be adjusted. Pushed it to the back burner for a rainy day. It is possible though 🙂

1.jpg2.jpg  

@popping wrote:

@Pavlik07 

I configured my Chrome browser to run dark mode.

Screenshot_20201202-001711.png

That is very interesting. I have the Chrome browser on my phone set to dark them and it doesn't display in that way. I tried both mobile and desktop view.

popping

@Pavlik07 

I configured my Chrome browser to run dark mode.

Screenshot_20201202-001711.png

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Does Public Mobil website have a dark theme? Would you want a dark theme or a different theme? I would for sure!!! I think it's better for your eyes

Sorry, but there isn't a dark mode. Public Mobile has set a background color, so the browser's dark theme won't change the background from a standard white to a darker black background.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pavlik07 wrote:

No. No. I don't care for them to spend money on it. Keep the rates low and the rewards and gifts high.

Need Help? Let's chat.