cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contest- Scam???

gordog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently received a message here in Community.  When I click on the link, a warning pops up saying that this is a potential Hazardous Site.  Is it a scam?  "

Hey! We are giving away a brand new iPhone 12 Pro! You can participate today! Enter now ~ www.winner-zone.com -- and complete easy sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!"

6 REPLIES 6

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you for the hand up...

I will be careful.

honrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I saw this too and there was no comments on it so I just deleted it as I would have figured there would be conversations about it if it was good

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are many of those private messages coming in under different sender names. I've received 5 . As others have said report and delete.  The moderators will msg you to say they have banned the sender, but more are likely. Reporting will help the moderators find and eliminate them. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gordog 

Do not click on any part within the message.  It’s spam. Report it by clicking on the Report button to the bottom left of the message.  After reporting, delete the message.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@gordog wrote:

I recently received a message here in Community.  When I click on the link, a warning pops up saying that this is a potential Hazardous Site.  Is it a scam?  "

Hey! We are giving away a brand new iPhone 12 Pro! You can participate today! Enter now ~ www.winner-zone.com -- and complete easy sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!"

@gordog yes it's a scam. Anytime someone contacts you out of the blue offering something, it's probably a scam. The website to enter isn't even Public Mobile. Click the "report" link bottom left of message, type spam as a reason, then delete the message.

Edit: FWIW, NEVER click on a link from an anonymous email offering you something.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes scam. Many received same. Report then delete.

Need Help? Let's chat.