cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community username

emilyheartbball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

When creating a username to login I didn't realize that would be the name that shows up along with all my posts - is there a way to change it?

8 REPLIES 8

A post it note of sorts should be by the create a profile to warn users the importance of choosing an acceptable username. A DO and a DO NOT list.

@Wheelock00 wrote:

You are unable to change your username.

@Wheelock00 

As from earlier, Community usernames can be changed, but does require the help of a moderaror.

Wheelock00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are unable to change your username.

@maximum_gato  wrote:

@NDesai 

Do you know the reasoning behjnd not being able to change your username without the help of a moderator? Im sure there are many people who regret their choice of username or tried several before one was accepted but have discovered later thats its not acceptable at all. If a username/email is banned reaching the moderator team is difficult at best in that dituation.

It's based on permissions. As Oracles, we have the ability to change our usernames from settings, but regular members are not given such privilege. Username is so common now a days. It is mainly used by all forums/communities for display. I understand some people are confused about this, but there must be reasons not to let everyone change username. May be they can allow for the first 10 days or so, but i am not sure if this is possible on this platform. 

@NDesai 

Do you know the reasoning behind not being able to change your username without the help of a moderator? Im sure there are many people who regret their choice of username or tried several before one was accepted but have discovered later thats its not acceptable at all. If a username/email is banned reaching the moderator team is difficult at best in that situation.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@emilyheartbball after they've changed your username they will send you an email with a link to change your password. make sure to reset your password or you won't be able to login

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@emilyheartbball No, you cannot change it. Please send a private message to the moderator team and they will be able to. You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emilyheartbball wrote:

Hey,

When creating a username to login I didn't realize that would be the name that shows up along with all my posts - is there a way to change it?

The only way is to contact the moderator_team.

Need Help? Let's chat.