cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community rewards brackets?

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Just wondering if community rewards brackets are sorted by (for example) the top 50% of either: all active public customers, all active community members.

And can anyone tell me how many posts they've made/what bracket/discount you've fallen under?

I want to get idea of savings while I work on my it/customer service.

Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Public mobile already has to fight an image of not having customer good or bad it would hardly be worth the loss of future and current customers to save $500 a month on the best mobile provider community in Canada. We may say "don't do it for the reward" but if there was no reward there would a lot less particpation. Don't kid yourself everyone does it for the reward be it $1 or $20. Public mobile is nothing without the community and rewards.

Less partcipation could actually lead to a higher quality of participation, although I do admit that the problem with that would be people waiting much longer for basic answers.  I do agree that the rewards are the main reason that customers are signed up to Public Mobile. It's definitely no longer because they have the best price plans (without factoring in the rewards).

@computergeek541 

Public mobile already has to fight an image of not having customer service good or bad it would hardly be worth the loss of future and current customers to save $500 a month on the best mobile provider community in Canada. We may say "don't do it for the reward" but if there was no reward there would a lot less particpation. Don't kid yourself everyone does it for the reward be it $1 or $20. Public mobile is nothing without the community and rewards.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Sounds like busy work to me....lets save $500 a month so we can spend even more money employeeing underpaid workers in second and third world countries where we save on not having to pay for healthcare premiums, EI, CPP and any other government mandated employee costs.

You're assuming that all companies actually care about providing good customer service. Not all do, so elimination of the Community or the rewards associated with it would not necessarily mean more customer service staff being hired.  The result could very well be longer wait times for basic questions to be answered. Take the example of Walmart Canada - quite possibily the worst customer service in the country, a company incapable of providing even the most basic leverls of service either online or over the phone.

@computergeek541 

Sounds like busy work to me....lets save $500 a month so we can spend even more money employeeing underpaid workers in second and third world countries where we save on not having to pay for healthcare premiums, EI, CPP and any other government mandated employee costs.

@darlicious wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

Its marketing genius! For less than 4 fulltime employees being paid minimum wage in Canada pm has a sales force and a customer service department. Anyone who is worried they would get rid of rewards is simply crazy!

Public Mobile had a market research company send out surveys, pictures of which were posted in the Community. One of the questions examined the possibility of eliminating or altering rewards.  So, at the very least, the possibility has been considered, though only Public Mobile can say how seriously that those options were examined.

@WoozyPolarBear 

More like....Community Rewards Racket!

@WoozyPolarBear 

Its marketing genius! For less than 4 fulltime employees being paid minimum wage in Canada pm has a sales force and a customer service department. Anyone who is worried they would get rid of rewards is simply crazy!

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not going to be the most popular person on here for saying this, but the Community Rewards thing is basically a ruse/loophole for Telus to get out of hiring their own employees to do the work of a customer service agent, yet only pay less than 5% of the wages those employees would make. I akin these community rewards as a scam for Telus to basically get their customers to act as their employees for them. A lot like when I go to the supermarket and they expect me to scan my own order in at the self-checkout.

@Luddite 

This is what bothers me when someone gets all trigger happy moving posts and combining two questions on the same topic but completely different questions with completely different answers. Yes the first one has been asked a thousand times before with the same lame answer...its a secret. The second question was earnest and illicited some thought provoking answers that can truly help others when they start here but because they were lumped in together and the solution has nothing to do with the second question its a waste of space and everyones time....why not just archive it?

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to PM. 

Dont go crazy trying to attain the top 1%,  it does take up a lot of time. If you can do it great for you and you will reap the benefits. But it is literally about having a very extensive knowledge about most of the major subjects, responding quickly and accurately. Its a full time job on its own. 

If that is not for you then come here, enjoy your time, help out when you can, have fun and enjoy the little credits that they reward you. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DarianDNewell first tip could be to change one's username to something other than one's real name if they are deciding to contribute regularly. 

I did have a guideline(bracket) on contribution level amounts needed to achieve a certain reward. there aren't many contributors at the moment and it's a lot easier to achieve higher rewards.

spend 2 hours every 3-4 days and you'll easily achieve the top 10% spend time on here everyday and you'll most likely hit top 5%. for the 1% you'll need to race for posts and solutions. there's also another way, but that's a secret 🤐

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

the contribution doesn't reset each 30 days(its actually based off monthly). there are ways to observe this, especially with an MIA top contributor

@DarianDNewell 

Everyone develops their own style, and rightfully they should.   If we all responded the same way, we wouldn't be able to help the various approaches and thought-processes of those asking for assistance on this Community.

You'll develop your own style - stick with it, whatever works for you.

Basically, when responding, best to direct responses to an individual by using the @ button on your keyboard to select the user from a dropdown list to whom the response is directed.   This way, that individual user get's notified in the notification thread (the little bell icon on top right) that a post mentioned them in a reply.  

If you want to reply with the user's post contained within the reply, (and if you're NOT on a mobile device), click the 3 little dots above, then click the quote symbol.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DarianDNewell wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if community rewards brackets are sorted by (for example) the top 50% of either: all active public customers, all active community members.

And can anyone tell me how many posts they've made/what bracket/discount you've fallen under?

Thanks!

Great question, @DarianDNewell 

I believe the Monthly top contributors is based on the numbers of people who fall within that percentile of active Community users in any given month (vs the total number of active customers with service).   The reason I think this is the numbers of users within each category somewhat varies each month, with high usage months (November - January) having higher numbers of folks in the individual percentile categories.

If the percentile were based on total active customers, it would stand to reason the numbers within each percentile would continue to rise month over month. (but it doesn't)

Re your question on wondering what others 'stats' are, including what badges they've earned, there's an easy way to find out.  When surfing the Community, just hover your pointer over their username, and their stats will pop out like yours below (give it a try!!!):

HALIMACS_0-1614777715056.png

@DarianDNewell wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for good tips for responding to community posts. I want to know if there's a good format to follow, if there's any standard of help expected, or if I should just learn these as I go along trying to collect rewards?

Idk if you can view my previous comments, but feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

@DarianDNewell 

Check out this post for "Community Terms of Service":

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Community-Terms-of-Service-amp-New-Comm...

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and answering when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded!!

There is no set /written limit to how much time, bravos, answers, questions you need to be involved in to receive community rewards

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

But if you take a break, no worries, just come back when you can!

@DarianDNewell 

The top 50% and top 25% are pretty easy to get....you've probably already achieved top 50% already. The higher badge levels take true dedication and enjoyment from helping others. The top 1% is a full time job so unless you are one of the very few who are able to spend a fair amount of time on their phone and still perform their job like @Jb456  ( who is taking a well deserved break) achieving the top 10% is a well deserved honour and can be heart breaking to be on the bubble between two levels and fall a little short so do it because you like it vs for the rewards. ( One hour of minimum wage is the same as the 2 or 3 members that get a top 1% badge.)

The amount of rewardees varies each month depending on participation....from as low as 87 in recent times to as high as 187 so one months contributions could mean no reward or a much higher reward the very next month.  February's contributions ( to be announced in the next week...) are very different from January's ( as in lower...or less.) You can check out the announcements for the monthly top contributors ( look for my post.....wink, wink) or heres a few links that include some relevant stats from months past.....and a few spats to go along with them!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M83...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Community-Stats/m-p/524238#M110720

Keep in mind we also used to have the Bravo Leaderboard but it is no more......

Spoiler
30 day rankings was one of the many stats you could follow.....30 day rankings was one of the many stats you could follow.....

@DarianDNewell wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for good tips for responding to community posts. I want to know if there's a good format to follow, if there's any standard of help expected, or if I should just learn these as I go along trying to collect rewards?

Thanks!

Just try your best. Try not to post for no reason. Posting more message doesn't always get more rewards. There's a secret formula.

@DarianDNewell 

You're doing pretty good so far but keep in mind the community is only as good as the information we provide. So be of 100% certainty if you can  if not indicate so....some answers are black and white while others can be grey area if we are trying to trouble shoot an unusual problem.

If you are unsure but pretty sure my go to is the search bar ( or if I have no idea what the answer is....) often putting the same question as the OP or certain key words and hitting go will bring up similar questions/threads. Choose several of them with a solution (green check mark) and when you get the same solution 2 or 3 times that is likely the answer. But check several because although "contact the moderators" is the chosen solution what you are looking for which can sometimes be buried in the thread is the reason for the issue.

Which if it is account related does require a moderator but its our purpose in the community to try and solve the issue without the moderators getting involved. So identifying the cause of the issue, explaining how to avoid it in the future helps the OP immensely even if in the end they still have to contact the moderator to fix it now .... the OP learns how to avoid the issue next time thus not needing to contact the moderator.

Make that your goal in your answers. Now if only you got community brownie points for having the least amount of "contact the moderators" in your posts/solutions one would really reap the rewards per se..... We are happy to guide you on your journey. Acknowledge a fellow member when they correct you so we know you've learned from your mistake and edit out bad info and add the correct info.

If you ever want a private word, ask a question or seek advice I am always happy to communicate privately what you may not want to talk about publicly...... I am always happy help!

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@DarianDNewell wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Nobody knows. It's secret. The rewards are small and the larger rewards take a lot of time. 

DarianDNewell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.