cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community account password no longer works

cellphoneuserP2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I logged into the community using my account information which was saved in my web Browser it did not work. when I tried to recover my account by creating a new password it asks for my farthers birthday. This is not a value you enter when creating a new account and I know because I created a new account to place this issue and it did not ask for any security questions.

1. How do I recover my original account for the community forum? This problem occurred when my account payment was made via Credit card.

2. If there is a similar problem the only way to place a problem submission is to use the community forum. Is that correct?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cellphoneuserP2 wrote:

When I logged into the community using my account information which was saved in my web Browser it did not work. when I tried to recover my account by creating a new password it asks for my farthers birthday. This is not a value you enter when creating a new account and I know because I created a new account to place this issue and it did not ask for any security questions.

1. How do I recover my original account for the community forum? This problem occurred when my account payment was made via Credit card.

2. If there is a similar problem the only way to place a problem submission is to use the community forum. Is that correct?

@cellphoneuserP2 

1 - You are already in your Community Account, as you are posting and logged in to do so.

No payments are made within your Community Account. 

All payments are made through your Self Serve, found here: account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

2 - When posting in the Community Forum you are communicating with fellow Community members like yourself, many of which are Public Mobile customers also. 

We are not Public Mobile representatives.

If you require a Public Mobile representative, they are called Customer Support Agents (CSA), and can be contacted by two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comedy gold @softech , comedy gold. 🙂

Hey speedy up there sorry to copy you. You typed in faster than me.

@cellphoneuserP2 .. or are you just waiting for someone to suggest you to contact PM Customer Support Agent??? LoL 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphoneuserP2 : Did you try the link provided above? The community reset should not ask a security question. I'm sure you must be trying to use the Forgot your password? link under the self-serve login. Something seems off.

Try the link again for resetting community account passowrd:

Password Request - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Keep in mind, you enter your email address to ask to reset the password

after password reset, you use your username to logon, not the email address

cellphoneuserP2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The community account is what I am discussing. My system account works which allows me to view and change my publicmobile settings and payment options.

The community account asked me for my farthers birthday and it should of never asked that question. Also the password is correct as I have not changed it and confirmed it on 2 devices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cellphoneuserP2 : Are you trying to figure out your community account? Or the self-serve account? They're two separate logins unrelated to each other. The self-serve account would ask your security question when you use _its_ forgot password. The community won't.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cellphoneuserP2   You sure you are resetting Community Account?  I tried the process myself... it doesn't ask me for security question.  I entered email.  A link sent to my email address, and it works without asking me any question

Only My account will ask you for security question, i think

are you using this link to reset Community account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/authentication/forgotpasswordpage?dest_url=https:%2F%...

Need Help? Let's chat.