cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards Allocation

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Community contributions

The creation of the new community board and recent updates and possible upcoming ones to the çommunity forum and rewards for participation has generated some talk among members about equities. There has long been speculation about how the community reward is calculated, the participation required and the type of post and board it should be in depending on wheher its worthy for bravos or the post itself should count towards a members participation to generate a community reward.
      I have argued the lounge vs discussions ( no longer a generic board) which in my mind is settled. But more frequently i hear members mentioning that it is true help/support that should count towards the community reward and not discussion of relevant topics such as this one or telus network coverage vs the competition or for that matter some of the announcement threads.
Given the possibility of change in the formula, the distribution, the monetary amounts and/or the number of contributors recieving a reward ( there has been a significant downward trend) Encouraging and rewarding all members who participate in the community is important as it saves public mobile moderator time and increases effiency to better provide customer support in the areas necessary to provide good customer service.
          I pulled some statistics from the July participants to illustrate some of the shortcomings of the current system that short changes some members yet overcompensates others for their personal contributions. With the total monetary reward now under $400 per month (June was $387) an equitable distribution of the reward compensation for the invaluable time and commitment members allocate to public mobile is vital for the continued success of the community and its retainment of members that possess such a wide ranging level of skill, knowledge and expertise.

Member#/ posts / bravos / tcatb* /reward $ / *top contributors announcement thread bravos earned by member

1.   1/14/14     $1
  2.   1/21/0       $1
  3.   1/23/23     $1
  4.   2/ 4 / 4       $1
  5.   30/14/3     $1 
  6.    9/15/ 5     $1
  7.   7//33/14    $1
  8.   5/26/15     $1
  9.   4/23/14     $2
  10.   8/35/12     $2
  11.  16/39/2      $2
  12.   23/58/8     $2
  13.   25/31/0     $2
  14.   25/60/12   $2
  15.   27/57/14   $2
  16.   26/51/11   $2
  17.   38/85/14   $2
  18.   58/90/ 0    $2 
  19.   68/138/14 $2
  20.   72/138/4   $2
  21.   78/147/15 $2

Edit: 1. The member made one post and earned 14 bravos. All 14 bravos came from the announcement thread. The member recieved a top 50% badge and a $1 reward.

Do you think the distribution in the top 25% ($2) and top 50% ($1) properly reflects the members contribution and how would you change the rewards allocation given the opportunity?

67 REPLIES 67

@mimmo 

Rather than upset anyone for posting their personal stats i anonymously assigned the member a number.  tcatb is explained by the * and my edit.....unless it needs more....

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious  , sorry  I don't really understand you numbers.  Who is member 1 ,2, etc... How/ what is tcatb?  So I can't really Contribute.

How would you revanp rewards ? More money , non financial rewards ie points program.  How would you make it easy for pm to assign rewards. I think that is one of the biggest issues aswell.

Anyways just so e food for thought

@pm-smayer97 

I edited my post. Does that explain it better or is more clarification required?

I don't mind the discussion and I am actually trying to follow..and I agree, if people do not want to participate, simply don't...you do not need to control the discussion...this is not YOUR forum...it is a forum for all PM users.

...but I have to admit, I am having a little trouble understanding the stats. @darlicious  Can you break it down a little bit more?

@will13am @Anonymous 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of which you were both asked your opinion on this subject by public mobile as have members emailed a survey in the last couple of months. I am only making use of the community board to foster a discssion that interests some members of the community. @Jb456 , @BearFBI and @pm-smayer97 come to mind. If you do not wish to participate there is nothing stopping you from closing your screen and turning on the hockey game.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hear! Hear! I don't know what the heck the list means either.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious , why do you do this to yourself every month?  Is it worth bringing up this topic all the time and arguing inequities?  The bottom line is the help forum is primarily a labor of love.  The reward system is what it is.  If members like it, contribute more.  If members don't like it, contribute less.  So why play the injustice card every month?  

Need Help? Let's chat.