cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards Allocation

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Community contributions

The creation of the new community board and recent updates and possible upcoming ones to the çommunity forum and rewards for participation has generated some talk among members about equities. There has long been speculation about how the community reward is calculated, the participation required and the type of post and board it should be in depending on wheher its worthy for bravos or the post itself should count towards a members participation to generate a community reward.
      I have argued the lounge vs discussions ( no longer a generic board) which in my mind is settled. But more frequently i hear members mentioning that it is true help/support that should count towards the community reward and not discussion of relevant topics such as this one or telus network coverage vs the competition or for that matter some of the announcement threads.
Given the possibility of change in the formula, the distribution, the monetary amounts and/or the number of contributors recieving a reward ( there has been a significant downward trend) Encouraging and rewarding all members who participate in the community is important as it saves public mobile moderator time and increases effiency to better provide customer support in the areas necessary to provide good customer service.
          I pulled some statistics from the July participants to illustrate some of the shortcomings of the current system that short changes some members yet overcompensates others for their personal contributions. With the total monetary reward now under $400 per month (June was $387) an equitable distribution of the reward compensation for the invaluable time and commitment members allocate to public mobile is vital for the continued success of the community and its retainment of members that possess such a wide ranging level of skill, knowledge and expertise.

Member#/ posts / bravos / tcatb* /reward $ / *top contributors announcement thread bravos earned by member

1.   1/14/14     $1
  2.   1/21/0       $1
  3.   1/23/23     $1
  4.   2/ 4 / 4       $1
  5.   30/14/3     $1 
  6.    9/15/ 5     $1
  7.   7//33/14    $1
  8.   5/26/15     $1
  9.   4/23/14     $2
  10.   8/35/12     $2
  11.  16/39/2      $2
  12.   23/58/8     $2
  13.   25/31/0     $2
  14.   25/60/12   $2
  15.   27/57/14   $2
  16.   26/51/11   $2
  17.   38/85/14   $2
  18.   58/90/ 0    $2 
  19.   68/138/14 $2
  20.   72/138/4   $2
  21.   78/147/15 $2

Edit: 1. The member made one post and earned 14 bravos. All 14 bravos came from the announcement thread. The member recieved a top 50% badge and a $1 reward.

Do you think the distribution in the top 25% ($2) and top 50% ($1) properly reflects the members contribution and how would you change the rewards allocation given the opportunity?

67 REPLIES 67

@will13am 

Let me first get a mop to clean up all that sarcasm.......and no that is not a reference to any gender cards being pulled.....just in case you misunderstand my reference.

Most people have it ingrained in them not to complain, not to speak up, to be happy with their lot in life.......publicly at least privately not so much. People will say one thing to your face to be polite or in keeping with societal norms but once you turn your back it can be a whole different story. Some are willing to voice their opinion or simply how they feel publicly as several have already in this thread. I can think of others  that have said as much that i could tag if you wish.....but ive had several say so privately who by personality type would never speak up publicly.

So yes i am the one with the big mouth but i find it interesting that you chose the word whining ... Ill be sure to use that word gender neutrality in future now that i know no one would feel emasculated by its use. I could be wrong but i dont believe Ive "whined" or complained for that many months on end......i had something to say in the may announcement....not a lot to begin with but after a prolonged attack from all sides i defended my position not the appropriate place for it but we didnt have the community board yet to discuss, debate  or in that case argue over the matter.

But if you are going to state your opinion and make your point from a negative stance ensuring that you use derisive verbage thrown in with a little or a lot if sarcasm and to take a comment to another member in a different post than the one you quoted and expand on it making assumptions on what you think i meant? If you took the time to read what i posted in the reply not directed at you or referring to any of your previous comments but actually would refer to a comment that i agree with made by @mimmo earlier in this thread  and mentioned by me that started the furor for some in the may top contributor thread  about participation in announcement threads should not count. That alone would be enough "screening" to satisfy me.

And i wouldnt dream of sitting on a "screening" commitee of one or one hundred because i know how to recognize a conflict of interest when i see one! So please do not put words in my mouth unless you actually know that they came out of it. I think they are pretty distinct when they do.....it should not be hard to distinguish them from others or ones that have actually come from your mouth.

Its seems pretty clear to me with the advent of the new community guidelines and community board how you have taken them to heart and with your position as an oracle in the community you have tried hard to adhere to them .......

Be respectful and welcoming

The Community is a place for Public Mobile customers to come together and help one another out. We want everyone to have a positive experience, so please be kind to one another. Please refrain from posting anything inflammatory, lewd, harmful, insulting, or otherwise inappropriate. Remember: posts in the Community are from fellow customers who are trying to help. Please handle all interactions with respect and empathy. 

Be Collaborative 

Everyone in the Community brings something unique to the table. Let’s focus on working together to create a positive experience for everyone. Work together to build on each other's knowledge and experience. If you disagree with someone or want to provide a correction, please do so courteously and kindly. If you’re asking questions, a great wy to help build the Community up is to mark the most helpful reply to your question as the accepted solution. If you see a reply that is especially helpful and well-written, give it a ‘bravo’. 

I know i have done my very best to do so......

Oops.jpeg

xxxxxxxxx

@computergeek541 sorry, I didn't think you were gonna be that offended. it was a joke lol. sorry

@Jb456 

While i dont agree with shutting out new users from earning a reward for asking questions ( how else are you going to learn?) And i believe thats the hook that gets many to stay and learn and eventually help out. Why not reward a member a $1 or $2 reward for helping themselves rather than those who merely depend on the moderators to fix their issues by learning how to talk to simon (a monumental feat if i were to try!)

By opening the purse strings a little more or assigning someone to quickly review the lower stakes rewards once spat out by the computer to ensure those truly making an effort are rewarded and those here by circumstance or motivated by the wrong reasons can be edited from the list. I have seen 1 post with 7 bravos get a $1 reward. Or in the case of july how is 4 posts/23 bravos equal in contribution reward level to 78 posts/147 bravos is beyond me. Dropping 3 to 4 badges from the top 10% and 1 or 2 from the top 5% has forced those members to drop into the top 25%. Historically   those numbers could even achieve top 5% some months. So why is pm applying a several years old formula to todays activity? To save $100? As they say you will get what you pay for.....that is not always (if ever) a good thing!

@Jb456 wrote:

🙄

Which is why I'll reiterate my statement. First 30 days of a new forum account being created should be excluded from the reward. This gives people 30 days to first solve their own issues and secondly ask about how to help others, etc. 

This would exclude people coming to PM from other providers that don't have any issues and are able to provide assistance to those that need it.  I don't think limiting eligibility is the right thing to do if it was why 30 days why not 90 it can be such an arbitrary thing.  Plus you would get people that just wouldn't show up in the community during the defined time of ineligibility and still end up with the repetition that happens now just delays from that users start time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@RobertQc 

Seeing as i spent a significant portion of july sitting in the penalty box my only ability to provide help or support was privately which in a way was preferable as it was without distraction so much more effective than the onslaught that can occur on the main forum. Im in it for the endorphins but the monetary reward is meant as a token of appreciation (and a powerful marketing tool.) But that token should still have meaning.
        My point in starting the discussion and presenting a random selection of members statistics was to illustrate that the overall reduction in monetary rewards more significantly noticeable in the top 3 categories but reflected in top 25% more than any other by having such a wide divide in participation level that for the sake of a pittance from public mobiles coffers can hold a great amount significance to the recipient. PM has already done away with the bravo leaderboard, the monthly shout out is now devoid of any names and slowly but surely a spot or two have been removed montly from the top levels causing a trickledown effect of demoting highly valuable contributors to what is essentially a newcomer/occasional  user level.

Doing it for the peanut sized reward and worrying about who got what is detrimental to your health. Do it because you enjoy it or care to help.

I could quote others in this thread that have a negative thought process who seem fixated on the idea that im either shaming members, that i know who they are and/or what they were rewarded. And of course secretly im just starting a smear campaign in order to start yet another war with some imaginary overlords  so that i can walk on water with the light footedness of a green basilisk lizard?
         I do participate here because I care about others and ive advocated and assisted others my entire life and part of that is supposed to be reflected in this thread. Im not complaining that members are undeserving im bringing attention to the fact that deserving members are being  by way of reward level devalued by a shrinking reward pot. If pm's customer base is growing a marginally slower summer month should not reduce the monthly rewards but increase the possibility of contributing member to be rewarded at a higher level as non solution based contributions have more of an impact.
        A monumental shift in the participation of a couple of members resulting in nearly half of all solutions assigned to them, a handful of members solving another third leaving 100 or less issues to be solved by the remaining active members if they happen to luck out and be online at the right time and give the correct solution first (as this by far has been decided by anyone assigning or reassigning a solution other than the OP to be the correct awardee.)
For almost nothing we on this forum fight each other and compete 24/7, to help first to get that solution / bravo,

A strict adherence to how the community was originally structured by those who monitor it and help govern it without using their abilities to help shape it as it evolves with the habits of new members reinforces and exacerbates the competitve nature of the community. Removing the bravo leaderboard has solved absolutely nothing when it comes to that side. Its just made seeking a solution all that more of a personal goal as fewer of them are available. Members who were happy to add all kinds of useful background information, additional knowledge or helpful advice are becoming disillusioned. When their genuine effort often praised by the OP makes no difference and the token of appreciation is cut in half or more and youre relugated to a badge level easily achieved by a few posts in the right threads its quite frankly an insult to those members and theyve said so......privately.

Does public mobile want to lose the participation of these members? Whose personalized, thoughtful, well wrtitten, interesting, informative, knowledgeable and varied posts add to the giant reference guide the community is supposed to be as well. Informative posts/threads by members that help so many without a "solution" get absolutely no recognition anymore. How many members have been helped by ( correct me if im wrong!) @Luddite's original or @pm-smayer97 's lengthy post on suspending your service for extended abscences and your voicemail or anything voicemail related posted by  @Nezgar . Or how we can get the bat signal out for @sheytoon to explain how the cellular network operates. How about when we call on @LurganIeUk or  @CalgaryBen  to help sort out iphone issues because us android users speak a completely different language? Even the bargain hunters or retail experts often have their threads sent to the lounge as a thread wanders off topic for awhile then wanders back on.....how many new customers have saved 65% or more on their sim card because of that great find? And who doesnt enjoy @AE_Collector 's pictoral museum of antique phones or his post on how to get a yearly reciept ( invoice) for your services. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell you how to contact a moderator maybe to talk to simon mind you....

Being the first past the post should not be the only deciding factor in your reward/badge level and the oracle team can have a lesser but effective role in shaping that (along with pm making the real calculation changes) if they so choose or they can stick to the same vision that worked for the community and its participants in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Back when your phone was locked to a provider, 5G was science fiction, the best phone's camera was 12mp and had 3.2GB of RAM. Do we want the community's help and support to become boring and the same? When 80% of all solutions are solved by 5 stock answers all neatly copy and pasted into one post 90 seconds after a question is asked the community.... one of public mobiles greatest assets becomes irrelevant.

The members who truly contribute to make this community unique among all others and second biggest attractant of new customers ( other than low prices) and retainer of customers loses what makes it vibrant will be when public mobile loses any edge they may have on the competition. All for the sake of $100 or so in community rewards and a willingness to shake up those rewards.

If the level of disillusionment over low rewards was as high as you make it out to be, why is it you are the only one that whines about the reward system month after month after month after month?  The community rockstars soldier on like the energizer bunny regardless.  Isn't that a good proxy that the reward system is working as it should?  What you really want to see is a system that does a first screening for potential reward recipients to produce a list that goes to a committee to examine each potential reward recipient's participation profile and assign a just reward.  I suppose you want to be the one to independently verify and approve the committee's decisions.  Yeah that will happen.  

@kb_mv  yup the posts several hours or a few days later when the question has been answered and a solution marked is quite funny yet irritating. As they're just building posts to get a reward.

The other thing I chuckle, although only $1 or $2 reward credit is the people that get credited for simply asking for help on their own issue or merely complaining. In June a member received $1 for starting one thread asking a question. Total of 8 posts and 4 of those posts said "thank you". Surely someone else that even did one or two valid helpful assistance posts could have received the reward.

PM website does say "Help The Community" 🙄

Which is why I'll reiterate my statement. First 30 days of a new forum account being created should be excluded from the reward. This gives people 30 days to first solve their own issues and secondly ask about how to help others, etc. 

@Jb456 

I dont blame you....but that saddens me. I along with countless others im sure have learned so much from your very informative posts. I know when i see a reply from an OG or an oracle saying "I never knew that!" You must get tremendous pleasure.

Your "how to's" have simplified the process on how to get something working on almost any model of phone come from an ingenious mind or at least a photographic memory brain that is a rare find ( i was going to say bird but thats a little weird...lol!)  You are a perfect example to illustrate my point. I only hope pm begins to understand the impact a lack of community evolution will cause before you and others to decide to disappear  like an unwanted  thread of crows....... a little cacawing cant hurt can it?

The power of positive thinking and expressing ones opinion to enact change is all we can do. But its better than being complacent and just accepting change will never happen. By doing nothing....nothing will ever happen. Public mobile would not even exist if canadians had done nothing to get politicians to enact change in the mobile industry. It may still be run by the big three but it forced their hands to offer different levels of service along with much more affordable prices.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 I'm like you. I can't "compete" with people that have templates ready to paste at a moments notice. I'm always surprised when I am first to post a reply to a question/issue. There are two types here that I chuckle at; those that show up to a thread hours after it was posted and has a correct reply followed by a half dozen or more correct replies and still they post the same thing that was already posted many times., and my favs, the people who don't even really read past the title and post info that is not applicable to the OP.

@darlicious  I do like what you wrote though. 👍

I'm becoming more that way. I look at questions these days and am like "meh leave someone else respond", not going to bother wasting my time to write up a detailed post, screenshots, links and follow up till the member resolves there issue like I did in the past.

Secret formula has nothing to do with solutions or detailed thoughtful in-depth posts (my opinion only)

It's post as much as you can, whether it's one liners or incorrect info, thank-you and get bravos.

@RobertQc 

Seeing as i spent a significant portion of july sitting in the penalty box my only ability to provide help or support was privately which in a way was preferable as it was without distraction so much more effective than the onslaught that can occur on the main forum. Im in it for the endorphins but the monetary reward is meant as a token of appreciation (and a powerful marketing tool.) But that token should still have meaning.
        My point in starting the discussion and presenting a random selection of members statistics was to illustrate that the overall reduction in monetary rewards more significantly noticeable in the top 3 categories but reflected in top 25% more than any other by having such a wide divide in participation level that for the sake of a pittance from public mobiles coffers can hold a great amount significance to the recipient. PM has already done away with the bravo leaderboard, the monthly shout out is now devoid of any names and slowly but surely a spot or two have been removed montly from the top levels causing a trickledown effect of demoting highly valuable contributors to what is essentially a newcomer/occasional  user level.

Doing it for the peanut sized reward and worrying about who got what is detrimental to your health. Do it because you enjoy it or care to help.

I could quote others in this thread that have a negative thought process who seem fixated on the idea that im either shaming members, that i know who they are and/or what they were rewarded. And of course secretly im just starting a smear campaign in order to start yet another war with some imaginary overlords  so that i can walk on water with the light footedness of a green basilisk lizard?
         I do participate here because I care about others and ive advocated and assisted others my entire life and part of that is supposed to be reflected in this thread. Im not complaining that members are undeserving im bringing attention to the fact that deserving members are being  by way of reward level devalued by a shrinking reward pot. If pm's customer base is growing a marginally slower summer month should not reduce the monthly rewards but increase the possibility of contributing member to be rewarded at a higher level as non solution based contributions have more of an impact.
        A monumental shift in the participation of a couple of members resulting in nearly half of all solutions assigned to them, a handful of members solving another third leaving 100 or less issues to be solved by the remaining active members if they happen to luck out and be online at the right time and give the correct solution first (as this by far has been decided by anyone assigning or reassigning a solution other than the OP to be the correct awardee.)
For almost nothing we on this forum fight each other and compete 24/7, to help first to get that solution / bravo,

A strict adherence to how the community was originally structured by those who monitor it and help govern it without using their abilities to help shape it as it evolves with the habits of new members reinforces and exacerbates the competitve nature of the community. Removing the bravo leaderboard has solved absolutely nothing when it comes to that side. Its just made seeking a solution all that more of a personal goal as fewer of them are available. Members who were happy to add all kinds of useful background information, additional knowledge or helpful advice are becoming disillusioned. When their genuine effort often praised by the OP makes no difference and the token of appreciation is cut in half or more and youre relugated to a badge level easily achieved by a few posts in the right threads its quite frankly an insult to those members and theyve said so......privately.

Does public mobile want to lose the participation of these members? Whose personalized, thoughtful, well wrtitten, interesting, informative, knowledgeable and varied posts add to the giant reference guide the community is supposed to be as well. Informative posts/threads by members that help so many without a "solution" get absolutely no recognition anymore. How many members have been helped by ( correct me if im wrong!) @Luddite's original or @pm-smayer97 's lengthy post on suspending your service for extended abscences and your voicemail or anything voicemail related posted by  @Nezgar . Or how we can get the bat signal out for @sheytoon to explain how the cellular network operates. How about when we call on @LurganIeUk or  @CalgaryBen  to help sort out iphone issues because us android users speak a completely different language? Even the bargain hunters or retail experts often have their threads sent to the lounge as a thread wanders off topic for awhile then wanders back on.....how many new customers have saved 65% or more on their sim card because of that great find? And who doesnt enjoy @AE_Collector 's pictoral museum of antique phones or his post on how to get a yearly reciept ( invoice) for your services. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to tell you how to contact a moderator maybe to talk to simon mind you....

Being the first past the post should not be the only deciding factor in your reward/badge level and the oracle team can have a lesser but effective role in shaping that (along with pm making the real calculation changes) if they so choose or they can stick to the same vision that worked for the community and its participants in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Back when your phone was locked to a provider, 5G was science fiction, the best phone's camera was 12mp and had 3.2GB of RAM. Do we want the community's help and support to become boring and the same? When 80% of all solutions are solved by 5 stock answers all neatly copy and pasted into one post 90 seconds after a question is asked the community.... one of public mobiles greatest assets becomes irrelevant.

The members who truly contribute to make this community unique among all others and second biggest attractant of new customers ( other than low prices) and retainer of customers loses what makes it vibrant will be when public mobile loses any edge they may have on the competition. All for the sake of $100 or so in community rewards and a willingness to shake up those rewards.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

With the total monetary reward now under $400 per month (June was $387) an equitable distribution of the reward compensation for the invaluable time and commitment members allocate to public mobile is vital for the continued success of the community and its retainment of members that possess such a wide ranging level of skill, knowledge and expertise.

@darlicious  When I used to do it, it was for that nice feeling of solving someones issues, especially in that rare case of them actually replying back to say thank you for solving my issue and checking that solution button.

@will13am wrote:

Bottom line is this, the community reward is all of a few hundred dollars month.  To a multi billion dollar corporation, this is not even round off error on the balance sheet.  This is a marketing tool, not a real reward system.  It would be foolish to deploy scarce resources to placate to the continual groveling because of the injustice resulting from a few "undeserving members" receiving a dollar off their renewal from time to time.  

Also like to add to @will13am 's fantastic wording. This was also a way to to significantly lighten the workload required on PM's support team. For almost nothing we on this forum fight each other and compete 24/7, to help first to get that solution / bravo, to calm the customer down, to explain things, tell them how good PM is and that everything will work out. It was, and still is a epic strategy on PM's part.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

it could be that the member with 1 post and 14 Bravo's was a new member and was given the reward not because they deserved it, but because it encourages the user to come back to the community and learn more. it's like a freebie

will they receive the same reward next month for doing the same? probably not.

Im sure we've all seen the posts from past members asking why they didn't receive a reward for that month(mainly users who knew they could make a few posts and receive a reward). maybe in the past this was the case, but it might not be anymore.

do I agree with less contributions being handed out? no. could this be a direct result in those past members not qualifying for the reward anymore, therefore reducing the amount of total contributers? most likely

members wanted change in the community and pm complied. was it for the better? 🤷 

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

But no one was named I don't know who any f those numbers refer to.  I like stats so it interested me but I don't care who those people are

But darlicious does. She had to go through everyone one by one to get those stats. Unless there's some other inside shortcut I don't know about to collect all that information. Easily possible.

So, indirectly, we can go find the people too. I don't care either.

Yeah, she does, and if she wants to spend/waste her time that way that is up to her.  If you wanted to you could as well that is the only way anyone other than darlicious knows who is in her chart.  Even with her thread, it doesn't help anyone know who is listed on this chart so anyone else would need to put in all the work as well s how can it shame anyone?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

But no one was named I don't know who any f those numbers refer to.  I like stats so it interested me but I don't care who those people are

But darlicious does. She had to go through everyone one by one to get those stats. Unless there's some other inside shortcut I don't know about to collect all that information. Easily possible.

So, indirectly, we can go find the people too. I don't care either.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I don't mind the discussion and I am actually trying to follow..and I agree, if people do not want to participate, simply don't...you do not need to control the discussion...this is not YOUR forum...it is a forum for all PM users.

...but I have to admit, I am having a little trouble understanding the stats. @darlicious  Can you break it down a little bit more?

This is not a discussion but really a smear campaign intended to shame the members on the list with the least participation and still getting a reward even if it is only $1. 

How is this a smear campaign to shame members.  Not one person was named in the OP?

But we can all hunt around for those folks that got those levels.

You could do that if you wanted without a thread being made.  We all know that you just need to look for a badge.  So if you want to hunt them out to see who their username is then you are the one that wants to shame them

Ergo...will13am's point upon darlicious.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I don't mind the discussion and I am actually trying to follow..and I agree, if people do not want to participate, simply don't...you do not need to control the discussion...this is not YOUR forum...it is a forum for all PM users.

...but I have to admit, I am having a little trouble understanding the stats. @darlicious  Can you break it down a little bit more?

This is not a discussion but really a smear campaign intended to shame the members on the list with the least participation and still getting a reward even if it is only $1. 

How is this a smear campaign to shame members.  Not one person was named in the OP?

You could do that if you wanted without a thread being made.  We all know that you just need to look for a badge.  So if you want to hunt them out to see who their username is then you are the one that wants to shame them

Ergo...will13am's point upon darlicious.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

I wouldn't've bothered to say anything if no one else had said anything resembling why. Someone did so I joined the two-person chorus.

@Anonymous 

As ive said your entitled to your opinion and it is a discussion.....positive negative it doesnt really matter which....youre happy with the status quo. I just believe if members voice their opinion and public mobile sees it and hears it and decides to implement it (like the $30/2gb plan) then its a good thing all around. Or they could deep six the idea. Its just a discussion for which the community board was created....im only making use of it.

You do realize that the competition offered this $30/2GB deal.  What you saw was a competitive response.  I tried walking on water once.  I got my socks all wet.  Oh, I just hate wet socks.  

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

This is not a discussion but really a smear campaign intended to shame the members on the list with the least participation and still getting a reward even if it is only $1.  Maybe the system Public Mobile had established was intended to reward up to a certain number of members.  For this particular month, the numbers were far reaching enough to reward an entire buck to a few who were in your eyes insufficiently active to deserve anything.  Maybe next month the high achiever will be more mindful of their digital wellbeing and the participation levels will be more distributed across the community to the point that maybe some members who deserve something for their efforts will not make the cut off.  The future is totally unpredictable.  There is no perfect justice if the intent is to measure the reward system as if it was job paid by piece work; the member doing twice as much should get twice the reward.  In the almost 4 years I have been participating in the community, I have never seen so much whining about the reward system month after month after month.  Bottom line is this, the community reward is all of a few hundred dollars month.  To a multi billion dollar corporation, this is not even round off error on the balance sheet.  This is a marketing tool, not a real reward system.  It would be foolish to deploy scarce resources to placate to the continual groveling because of the injustice resulting from a few "undeserving members" receiving a dollar off their renewal from time to time.  

@darlicious  If you look a link below. It's a user that made 1 post in month of July. Went on a 9 page rant that PM does not offer a number to call for support. Wanted their money back to go somewhere else. They made 49 posts on the thread.

No helping the community yet the system awarded the person $1.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/why-cant-public-have-a-phone-servi...

This is what I don't like about the PM "secret formula". Nothing productive, nothing helpful while other members are posting constantly assisting new members. 

As I mentioned in the past. To somewhat fix these type of issues. All PM would have to implement is:

• New forum account created are excluded from rewards for the first 30 days of forum account being created
  • Option for Oracle's to tick a box which would allow a new user to be included for rewards during the first 30days. Based on if the user is actually offering assistance, helpful posts. Not just posting seeking their own assistance or simply just complaining.

Maybe one day the reward system will run properly who knows. 

Just have to be happy PM offers something like this to lower 30day plans 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

.. We'll all throw some bravo's around and the system will get more and more abused as time passes thus causing it to be more and more cut back.

No one wants that. Do you? Is it your intention to burn the place down just to spite your nay-sayers?

Why are people so afraid of discussion? What a terrible culture... but worse is to try to create fear based on a poor premise...more bravos does NOT necessarily result in more cut backs...I am sure PM has a budget for this (most likely part of their advertising budget), which as a business means they work to stay within that budget. From their perspective, all they need to do is manage the formula used to give out what is in their budget.

All I see that @darlicious is doing is inquiring about if a different approach could/should be used.

I have no issue with you arguing the merits of her approach but please there is no need to try to control the conversation or cast disparagement over it.

I don't fear discussion. I'm the opinionated old fart here. I just don't think any of this should be reward-worthy. When in Rome...my participating in this "discussion" is perhaps earning me some reward. Oh the irony. But if I'm in Rome...I'm a hypocrite.

There have been _many_ sessions with the company around the community. Who here knows what might be coming up. I for one wouldn't want to see it changed. But I have no control over that. So whatever happens, happens.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

.. We'll all throw some bravo's around and the system will get more and more abused as time passes thus causing it to be more and more cut back.

No one wants that. Do you? Is it your intention to burn the place down just to spite your nay-sayers?

Why are people so afraid of discussion? What a terrible culture... but worse is to try to create fear based on a poor premise...more bravos does NOT necessarily result in more cut backs...I am sure PM has a budget for this (most likely part of their advertising budget), which as a business means they work to stay within that budget. From their perspective, all they need to do is manage the formula used to give out what is in their budget.

All I see that @darlicious is doing is inquiring about if a different approach could/should be used.

I have no issue with you arguing the merits of her approach but please there is no need to try to control the conversation or cast disparagement over it.

While the thread doesn't break any ToS I could just feel the bait being tossed!!!  Not sure if you enjoy the replies these threads generate or the opportunity to mix it up with others.

So last month someone made $60/hr they only worked 1 minute to get their reward.  Who is smarter them or the ones making $0.01 an hour?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Every time you re-kindle the war with the powers that be over the goings-on around here, it only brings it all more into focus that they might do something. It's a corporation. What direction do you think they would go? Less freebies means more profit.

No I don't like the downward trend of the total rewards bucket. But the more it gets brought to their attention, the more they'll cut it back due to the hassle of dealing with all the attention.

So it would be my suggestion to let it be.

But you'll do what you do. We'll all throw some bravo's around and the system will get more and more abused as time passes thus causing it to be more and more cut back.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I do agree announcement threads should not be part of the formula.  

I go back to the idea of minimal boards 

Announcements, support , lounge.  Or something similar, and only  support board counts towards rewards. But I like everyone else are just  customers with little say in the goings on behind the scene.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious 

I wouldn't've bothered to say anything if no one else had said anything resembling why. Someone did so I joined the two-person chorus.

@Anonymous 

As ive said your entitled to your opinion and it is a discussion.....positive negative it doesnt really matter which....youre happy with the status quo. I just believe if members voice their opinion and public mobile sees it and hears it and decides to implement it (like the $30/2gb plan) then its a good thing all around. Or they could deep six the idea. Its just a discussion for which the community board was created....im only making use of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Need Help? Let's chat.