cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Registered Users Statistics

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

So after noticing that everyone's profile on the forum here has a "user-id" associated, and seeing that I was the 107066nd to sign up:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/107066

Which got me thinking, how many are there today since I signed up in Nov 2019? What are the oldest accounts? How many accounts are created every year? Well... just by editing the number in that URL above you can explore...

The highest number was 179,928 as of last night.

Here's the numbers.

YearTotal registered for yearuser-id range for year
20149(1-9)
2015920(10-9215)
201612437(9216-21653)
201716742(21654-38396)
201831400(38397-69797)
201948722(69798-118520)
202051790(118521-170311)
202166671*(170312-236982)
* Actual # is 9681 as of Feb 23. Extrapolated to 365 days from first 54 days of 2021

And some pretty charts to go with it. 😁

pie.pngRegistered.png

Lots of new accounts in 2018, and a lull in 2020, but 2021 at the rate as of Feb 23 is projected to have decent growth.

Of course a large swath of these accounts are dormant and have never posted a public message. That would be an order of magnitude more work to check each and every accounts activity (and would probably get your account and/or IP banned in the process from excessive requests!!)

So "what's your number?" 😁

61 REPLIES 61

@Korth wrote:

I suspect that a good chunk of the 2020 and 2021 signups are bots and spammers and sockpuppet accounts. Covid has made a lot of people very busy online.

I think that since it's *required* to create a community account to send the CSA's a message for support or account related questions, that those "quiet" accounts were ofted created only for that purpose, and potentially never again...

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

Of course a large swath of these accounts are dormant and have never posted a public message.

There were just over 8000 members listed on the (now defunct) Bravo Leaderboard when I last checked it in late 2018. Suggesting that, in total, roughly one quarter of community members ever contributed enough posts to earn at least one Bravo - and roughly three quarters never posted anything which gained attention.

And even then, the vast majority of community members on the leaderboard were already retired, dormant, or inactive for years. Probably not even PM customers any more. PM Community membership appears to last a lifetime, even when PM Self-Serve accounts are terminated.

I suspect that a good chunk of the 2020 and 2021 signups are bots and spammers and sockpuppet accounts. Covid has made a lot of people very busy online.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

YearTotal registered for yearuser-id range for year
202166671*(170312-236982)
* Actual # is 9681 as of Feb 23. Extrapolated to 365 days from first 54 days of 2021

So based on 225 days into 2021, we are at ID # 201767 as of today, so an updated extrapolation based on that puts us at about 51027 registrations in 2021, and user ID # 221339 by the end of the year

Let's see how it turns out. 🙂

@delicious, with pandemic, you might still have lots of time to learn your Portuguese before your next trip.. 😞

@Anonymous 

I'm fluent in food and wine french. That's all you really need and the days of the week. It also translates easily into food and wine spanish. However my next trip will be to Portugal a whole different base language.....I will have some memorizing to do but I'm not too worried about the quality of my meals and beverages they just might be surprises!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yeah I know I have a real problem. These things stem from childhood traumas.....its gotta be that 9% in grade 11 math I got......

Sounds like my results from something in a French class once upon a time. I don't speak or write or read French. Cereal box a bit 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Check your emails there have been a couple surveys recently one I already shared some screen shots the other is from ipdos reed, basically looking at customer satisfaction. They even asked about selfserve website and actual website.  Plus a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.

@Anonymous 

Yeah I know I have a real problem. These things stem from childhood traumas.....its gotta be that 9% in grade 11 math I got......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : As soon as Nezgar posted his stuff about the community I just knew you'd be all over it. And then the account number thing was added and you were completely hooked 🙂

@Anonymous 

Thanks once again I stand corrected. But this has turned into a statistical easter egg 🥚🥚hunt for me!

What other goodies🍬🍭🍩🍭🍬 shall I find.....?😃

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wow this is great to see that we are growing even though we have a few spammers going around. but then again they are everywhere

Anonymous
Not applicable

1:25 PM ET? today 181819

@Nezgar 

Lol.......oops that was a waste of time Thanks to @Anonymous  I was getting activation and community account numbers mixed up. That's amazing that less than 10% of all customers create a community account. That goes to show that less than 10% of all customers ever have any issue that would require the creation of a community account.

Of the community membership active, existing or not public mobile doles out community rewards to a mere  0.05% of its membership and 0.005% of its customer base and based on a generous monthly payout of $500 the community membership proportional cost to pm is $0.0027777778 per member or per historical subscribership $0.0002272727 per customer monthly. Considering the cost savings the community provides in overhead and labour costs I think all my bitchin' and complaining about puny rewards is quite justified. You can't tell me $387 a couple of months ago is not chintzy.

Historically the payout had dropped by more than half despite having a growing customer base......and other than the Christmas holiday contests Public Mobile's monthly contests have not been seen since last Valentines Day. I realize 2020 was a struggle for most businesses but this is ridiculous. Its the small details that make the biggest difference in overall customer satisfaction.

@darlicious 

Yep, you've got it. I've turned you into a hacker! 😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can change the url in Chrome ???

@Anonymous 

Aha....same issue as yesterday get out of chrome and go to firefox!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Click in the address bar, go to the end of the url, delete the numbers, add back whatever number. I did that earlier and got up to 40 before I found a still active customer.

@Nezgar 

This got me curious how do you search out random user id #? I figure out how to make my own links?

@Anonymous 

I will round to the nearest 5000 otherwise there is no distinction because my activations are too close together....

• August 8th 2019.....1,795,000
  • August 19th       ......1,810,000
  • Sept 6th              ......1,835,000 

....bear with me I'm looking up a couple more.....

• October 1st        ......1,865,000
  • October 6th        ......1,870,000

....fast forward to 2020...

• June 17th           ......2,095,000
  • Sept 3rd              ......2,175,000
  • Dec 31st             ......2,300,000

There's some numbers for you.....interesting to say the least!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I see two dates with the spread. Not rounded numbers for each. And certainly not all the others you mentioned here. Ok...first and number and then last and number. I'm just about ready to delete mine. I gamely played along with another stats mission but no one else is participating. Sure ok Saturday but there're always regulars around.

@Anonymous 

Lol...😆😅😂🤣😃😆😅😄😉😁.....that has kept me chuckling.....

I have given you my first, second, third and last activations info with a bunch that I have access to clustered in a two month period between August and October 2019. The only other one which I will pull up will gives us a year from your June 2019 data account to June 2020.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Do keep up. 🙂 🙂 (<-emojis) Seems the thread has morphed over to the serialized account number.

Gblackma was number 117195

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : How about you also posting your stats of what you manage. hmm?? 🙂

@Anonymous 

Thanks to your numbers rounded to the nearest 10,000 we have learned that also shows that approximately all summer(2019) each month does average about 40,000 new accounts with less than 10% of that number creating a community account year over year. I think considering 2020 was adversely affected by the pandemic with very few activations between February and June when pm had no promos til May 2020. Other providers were offering no overage fees and unlimited usage for their customers so there was very little movement between providers. 

It would be nice to know not only some older activation numbers from the likes of @Luddite  or @ShawnC13  but a very recent one (all rounded to the nearest 10,000 or maybe 5,000) to get a better idea of the effect of the boxing day/new years promotions since it had a definitive affect on community account creations. With the end of the year having approximately the 2,300,000th account created showing the monthly average dipping to about 30,000. Anyone with access to an account activated around new years last year would be able to give us year end numbers for 2019.

@gblackma 

Here's a Hail Mary you could at least give us xmas day 2019 numbers?!!

@Anonymous 

Ang chance of giving the day in june you activated your data account and a number rounded to the nearest 10,000? As in on August 8th the accounts created were approximately 1,800,000 29 days later it was almost 1,840,000.

@Anonymous 

Not on chrome but on firefox its much more user friendly....tapping the profile name brings up the info immediately.

Screenshot_20210306-135238.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

And another...click on someones username. In the address bar and go to the end of it.

usernamenumber.jpg

@Anonymous 

Thanks!😃 Again a slightly different process to pull up the #.....

Screenshot_20210306-130703~2.png

@Nezgar 

The community profiles created since the beginning of the year and about 20 minutes ago : 11,381.

@Anonymous 

Self serve accounts created between August 8th 2019 and September 6th 2019 (29 days) about 38,000.

Need Help? Let's chat.