cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Registered Users Statistics

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

So after noticing that everyone's profile on the forum here has a "user-id" associated, and seeing that I was the 107066nd to sign up:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/107066

Which got me thinking, how many are there today since I signed up in Nov 2019? What are the oldest accounts? How many accounts are created every year? Well... just by editing the number in that URL above you can explore...

The highest number was 179,928 as of last night.

Here's the numbers.

YearTotal registered for yearuser-id range for year
20149(1-9)
2015920(10-9215)
201612437(9216-21653)
201716742(21654-38396)
201831400(38397-69797)
201948722(69798-118520)
202051790(118521-170311)
202166671*(170312-236982)
* Actual # is 9681 as of Feb 23. Extrapolated to 365 days from first 54 days of 2021

And some pretty charts to go with it. 😁

pie.pngRegistered.png

Lots of new accounts in 2018, and a lull in 2020, but 2021 at the rate as of Feb 23 is projected to have decent growth.

Of course a large swath of these accounts are dormant and have never posted a public message. That would be an order of magnitude more work to check each and every accounts activity (and would probably get your account and/or IP banned in the process from excessive requests!!)

So "what's your number?" 😁

61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar : Ok. I'll start. It would appear that the account number is about certainly sequential with some filler growing space to the beginning 1. I started here in 2018. That number was in the single millions.

My first account 1.3M started May 2018

Second playing around account that became my "dormant" account 1.6M started Mar 2019

Third account that I call my data account 1.7M started Jun 2019

@darlicious : hover over a username. My browser shows the url at the bottom. The end is the number.

usernumber.jpg

@Nezgar 

Ok I put that dunce cap back on....I can bring up my url but I can't bring up anyone elses?

Screenshot_20210306-114456~2.png

@Nezgar 

Bingo! Okay I figured it out! #96576

@darlicious When you go into your own profile, your user-id number will be at the very end of the URL. (https://blahblah)Ie I can see yours is 96576, and community signup date of ‎08-21-2019.

@darlicious wrote:

@Nezgar 

In my ineptness I am not getting how you are getting the profile # or does this require a laptop or pc to do?

@darlicious  It shows on my laptop. Click your avatar and look at the end of the URL that appears. Eg: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3757

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 Another angle of analysis I'm thinking of looking into is peoples account numbers as seen in self-serve vs signup date - that might provide some insight of new signups over time, but we'd have to obfuscate the numbers somewhat if done on this public forum - maybe round to the nearest 1,000 or 10,000.

Maybe if I setup an anonymous form to gather data... hmm 🤔

Of course this would also not subtract accounts that are no longer active...

@Nezgar 

In my ineptness I am not getting how you are getting the profile # or does this require a laptop or pc to do?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Should have read "to bad all new accounts weren't new customers."  It would show some strong growth but we know not all accounts are customers

That's for sure, given that at the time Martin was #349 PM had at least 150,000 customers after the Telus takeover.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Nezgar, I did this on another community I am involved in.  I would do it just after midnight PST and break it down to how many new members per day, new threads per day, and posts per day.  It was interesting to watch the growth over the 5 years that I did it.  I don't see the available info here to get that deep into those numbers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Nezgar 

Apologies to your spouse....but I think I'm in LOVE!!😍❤❤❤❤

@Nezgar wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

16001 November of 2016. 

To bad all the new accounts were new customers

Nice! Wonder how you rank amongst the other current Oracles. 🙂 Missed 16,000 by a hair!

Why too bad about new customers?

Should have read "to bad all new accounts weren't new customers."  It would show some strong growth but we know not all accounts are customers

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Nezgar  Je suis #3757.  My mentor Martin is #149; 

@softech wrote:

interesting fact... It made me curious who was #1 user id.. and I checked..  🙂

@softech - i just did too! LOL

@ShawnC13 wrote:

16001 November of 2016. 

Nice! Wonder how you rank amongst the other current Oracles. 🙂 Missed 16,000 by a hair!

Why too bad about new customers?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar I love your pretty charts 😍

I am 149254

@Nezgar wrote:

@softech wrote:

..interesting.. they really have almost 10K clients for 2 months?

(yes.. I know some are spammers  🙂  )

Read into it what you will.... but keep in mind:

• You don't need a community account to use the service, so those without issues may never create an account, so real customer account may be higher.
  • I suspect "most" people only create an account solely for the purpose of opening a ticket for a moderator
  • Spammers of course might inflate the 'real user', and technically a single user could create multiple accounts.... (but why? 🙂 )

yes, community account doesn't have to be using the service... but I would assume not every person with a line has a community account, esp those with multiple lines in the same household.

for spammers, it would be interesting if we can get a stat of how many users registered, no post but just private message .. LoL

I

@softech wrote:

Read into it what you will.... but keep in mind:

• You don't need a community account to use the service, so those without issues may never create an account, so real customer account may be higher.
  • I suspect "most" people only create an account solely for the purpose of opening a ticket for a moderator
  • Spammers of course might inflate the 'real user', and technically a single user could create multiple accounts.... (but why? 🙂 )

@softech wrote:

@Nezgar  so 2021 on your chart is an estimation for full year of 2021 and not the actual count of what we have so far?

Yes. The chart uses an estimate for 2021 by extrapolating the first 54 days out to 365. 9894 so far in 2021 as of a few minutes ago.

@Nezgar  so 2021 on your chart is an estimation for full year of 2021 and not the actual count of what we have so far?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Nezgar  your numbers have a gap of ~9600 between the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021

Ahh yep tks, ok fixed that field to "(170312-236982)" - the count stayed the same though. (236982 being an estimated "high" account ID by end of 2021)

Newest account-id is 180206 as of right now 9894 so far in 2021. Recalculating the 2021 extrapolation based on 25 days is 9894÷56×365=64487. only a couple thousand off from original estimate, so still mostly in line...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Nezgar  your numbers have a gap of ~9600 between the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021

16001 November of 2016. 

@Nezgar wrote:

@will13am We'll see how 2021 turns out, but as of Feb 23 there were 9681 new forum accounts. (54 days). Then I extrapolated: 9681÷54×365=65436 - which I see is a different number than my charts hah, maybe I added another day to the numbers, oh well, close enough for now.

@Nezgar It would be interesting to see how many of those new forum accounts were made specifically to spam users.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@will13am We'll see how 2021 turns out, but as of Feb 23 there were 9681 new forum accounts. (54 days). Then I extrapolated: 9681÷54×365=65436 - which I see is a different number than my charts hah, maybe I added another day to the numbers, oh well, close enough for now.

Interesting stat, @Nezgar 

Noticed that one can actually see which number others are by simply hovering pointer over their username and looking at URL.

@will13am wrote:

It doesn't seem right that 2021 already has so many new users in less than 2 months.

@Nezgar wrote that he extrapolated the annual figure from the numbers from 54 days YTD.

Or do you mean the number for the first 54 days seems high?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

interesting fact... It made me curious who was #1 user id.. and I checked..  🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It doesn't seem right that 2021 already has so many new users in less than 2 months.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar - great looking presentation!

And interesting stats / numbers (not much increase in 2020?). I wonder if PM cleans up "user-ids", sometimes, like they clean up posts?

I am 132677.

😁

Need Help? Let's chat.