Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community/Forum Etiquette

softech
Oracle
Oracle

DO WE HAVE ANY HERE???

Would PM look into locking old posts, especially those with an  Accepted Solution selected?

Would Oracle or PM consider doing anything to replies which come up on a one week old (or more) thread with no extra information on the replies?  How about move them all to a "Junk yard/ no added value post" thread in the lounge or delete them altogether?

I guess there are really not enough questions to answer these days and people are really bored.  I see people are going back old posts and start replying.  This is ok if it is for rookies.. or if the person at least put in some effort and try to put in some "added value" to it.  . But on threads that had no action for over a week and suddenly reply with the same information as what said by many people over a week ago.  Not just one thread but MANY threads.    Do we need this?  What is the intention of those posts?  Just trying to be nice and write an "end of thread" summary?

Yes Oracle Team, this is a formal complain and not just a casual chit chat in the Lounge

(.. and yes and  thanks , I did see some Oracles replied after those posts and point out the issue multiple times, but the "repeat offender" still have not stopped and getting serious lately.  )

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I think I might know what you're referring to. Yes, that was a self-solution. You can't ask a question and then answer it yourself and then give yourself the solution. Or _very_ rarely after all kinds of experimentation and input and then finally stumbling upon a fix. That would be a bit of a long game 🙂

@barrascuk wrote:

dated by an Oracle can be changed by the OP. I have done it. 

I think I remember a post, OP complains why the Accepted solutions keep changing.  Obviously Oracle tried to flip it back.  But i think that one.. OP had picked his/her solution and that's why Oracle flip it, again and again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LeePublic : I went out to do some things but for me it's about having the last word for any future readers so as not to leave the rant/accusation standing unchallenged and things to do about it.

As for doing anything about it...what? Notice it's still there and through a business day when everybody that would care is around to do anything with it. They didn't. Although I think some posts got disappeared.

But these rants flare up on occasion.

Love to hear an update as to any resolution.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The show this morning was crazy, spamming the board with copy and paste answers every 1-2 minutes. We should ignore those types of posts as they feed on our attention. It was getting on my nerves! ls there any suggestions what can we do as a community?

LeePublic

Haha..... I know..... LOL 😄

@LeePublic 

Really? I hadn't noticed that before?!!😉

LeePublic

Not calling out on anyone but I notice some members here quickly copy and paste answers like it's a race that aren't even closely related to or answer the questions here. 

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

Dated badge. While  the question was directed to @ShawnC13 I would say a dated badge that shows when you are logged into your Community Account means "YOU" have earned it. That's what I have seen and verified on my account. 

barrascuk

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

I gave up.....and that's hard for me to do....I mean I haven't given up on the bf....yet...so that should be an indication of the hopelessness of the situation.

Speaking of etiquette....what should one do when the OP picks the wrong solution but the correct one is yours? I'm not talking it could go either way but just plain wrong? Without directly pointing it out to either the OP or the member with the solution and they are either not picking up what you are putting down or just don't want to lose the solution? I don't care about getting the solution but its driving me crazy the current solution will misdirect future readers.🤔

A post that has a Solution updated by an Oracle can be changed by the OP. I have done it. 

@ShawnC13 

Yes it's across the board.

@darliciousI am not sure what you are showing me that there was one less given out this month?  You can send in private if you need to describe what/who I am looking at here?!?!?

Edited never mind I saw the monthly posts now

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

Explain that.....a date indicates an awarded badge/reward does it not?

Screenshot_20211016-111947~3.pngScreenshot_20211016-112002~2.png

@darlicious wrote:

@softech wrote:

Again, I accept the fact that PM's latest action to stop bravos on Top Contributors thread is to reward true participants than those 2 minutes posters.   

Well that was an epic fail! But I guess pm if you fail...try, try, try again!😔

@darlicious, why is it an epic fail? If it is because not many people have posted in it, that could be from people realizing they won't get bravos and won't say the standard Good Work Team.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@softech wrote:

Again, I accept the fact that PM's latest action to stop bravos on Top Contributors thread is to reward true participants than those 2 minutes posters.   

Well that was an epic fail! But I guess pm if you fail...try, try, try again!😔

@softech 

I gave up.....and that's hard for me to do....I mean I haven't given up on the bf....yet...so that should be an indication of the hopelessness of the situation.

Speaking of etiquette....what should one do when the OP picks the wrong solution but the correct one is yours? I'm not talking it could go either way but just plain wrong? Without directly pointing it out to either the OP or the member with the solution and they are either not picking up what you are putting down or just don't want to lose the solution? I don't care about getting the solution but its driving me crazy the current solution will misdirect future readers.🤔

@softech,there isn't really anything to take to PM.  When I said community I meant the members of the community need to stop rewarding the people who are making these posts with Bravo's.  

If they aren't getting rewarded then hopefully they will just give up

barrascuk

@dabr wrote:

Looking at this user and where the delayed repetitive posts are occurring, I think they only post where they can bravo another posterss in that thread and subsequently receive a bravo in return.  Of course, I could be wrong in my assumption.

I believe that this someone looks at other responses first and then inputs an enormous copy and paste response that may or likely may not be the resolution. I have never offered a bravo and I also find the requirements mentioned to contact an agent to be over what will be required when the Agent asks for confirmation information of our identity. I have backed off here just because of this as I just don't want to be in the same thread. Super mis leading to  newbies too.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@softech  I have no issue with closing a thread after say 1-2 weeks of inactivity. And I have suggested this once or twice to PM team.

This is a common practice in many forums, this thread has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new one...

Looking at this user and where the delayed repetitive posts are occurring, I think they only post where they can bravo another poster in that thread and subsequently receive a bravo in return.  Of course, I could be wrong in my assumption.

@softech 

In the past, members have been banned for nonsense-posting., but it would have to be an extreme case.

@softech "Hope you can bring it to PM and something good like this come out of your discussion with them."

We do, however past the experience suggests such changes take at least 2 years. 
If you find your forum concerns affecting your enjoyment outside PM, it's time for a PM vacation. We all need one from time to time. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I believe that the best solution is for members to self enforce this by not giving bravos or solutions out for poor content.  When members give out bravos for anything and everything, it makes a mockery of the rewards system.

@computergeek541   i understand.. but the issue is that the person does not see the issue..  I believe you voiced out to those posts too, the person didn't even bother to  make up an excuse.. the person simply ignore it 

we have been giving no bravos.. but so far what I saw  was that the person will simply go back further and post more.

it is tough to educate if the person does not learn

@softech 

I understand your frustration, but I don't beleive moving every instance of shameless repetition or junk posting is feasible.  Yes, it'll fix the problem, but it would only work if any decisions made by Public Mobile are final and aren't up for debate.  Otherwise, the amount of arguments about this won't be good.  In addition, if this is to be expected, it would have to be Public Mobile employees who do it.  When I move something that doesn't belong, I do it to try to help the cohesiveness of the Community, but I'm not required to. 

As for locking threads that have a marked solution, I see many threads that have incorectly marked self solutions, solutions with wrong answers, or of someone marking a solution at random or of the most recent post.  

I believe that the best solution is for members to self enforce this by not giving bravos or solutions out for poor content.  When members give out bravos for anything and everything, it makes a mockery of the rewards system.

@esjliv wrote:

I dare say, this happens on posts posted within minutes/hours. 🙄

couple minutes or hours.. i am ok..  give them the benefit of doubts and don't want to guess the intention....

but one week?? at least give some through and write something new that never said in the tread.. we don't need someone to summarize all the  replies .. worst part is when tried to point out the issue,  the reply was basically "what's wrong with that..."

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The best action would come from the community and not rewarding the really late post with Bravo's then it would just become a waste of time for the poster of they are not earning the Bravo's

this is a good alternatives.  Hope you can bring it to PM and something good like this come out of your discussion with them.

Honest, seeng this issues more and more lately.   One person really doing it to "perfection" lately.   Not surprise there will be copy cats soon and will quickly get out of hands.

thanks again for looking into it.

@softech, I totally get what you are trying to prevent. With locking threads after a solution is chosen is tough just because as an example there was a question today and the first post was a solution. I asked a furthet question of the OP to get a bit more information on their situation that may help in the future if people have the same issue.  

As for moving them that may be possible but it just takes time. The best action would come from the community and not rewarding the really late post with Bravo's then it would just become a waste of time for the poster of they are not earning the Bravo's. 

Edited spelling correction

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

Would PM look into locking old posts, especially those with an  Accepted Solution selected?

But on threads that had no action for over a week and suddenly reply with the same information as what said by many people over a week ago.  

Locking posts of an Accepted Solution post I think may be okay after a couple weeks/months of being accepted. I think it is nice to be able to comment or post 'something-added', of course, on a post even if it has been "Solved".

Remember, OP's sometimes are not the ones choosing the solution, so locking it right away may not be the best option.

I dare say, this happens on posts posted within minutes/hours. 🙄

@ShawnC13 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Oracle's can't delete posts or lock threads

Yes, I assume that is the case at the moment.  But how about moving all these "repeated replies" into a single thread to The Lounge?

Also, I see some advantage to locking post after a solution was accepted, this can likely able to be done with a system setting change if PM willing to do it.    I see people try to post a new question on an old thread, some times years old,  and require Oracle to move them out as a new thread.  By locking the post, it avoids this situation and free up some Oracle work.

Using the same logic,  action should be taken against  "Old threads Recycler"   who spent 2 minutes to cycle through weeks old thread and pasting template replies and the sole intention is to up one's post counts rather than helping other Community members

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Oracle's can't delete posts or lock threads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.