cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luddite
Oracle

Re: Community/Forum Etiquette

@softech "Hope you can bring it to PM and something good like this come out of your discussion with them."

We do, however past the experience suggests such changes take at least 2 years. 
If you find your forum concerns affecting your enjoyment outside PM, it's time for a PM vacation. We all need one from time to time. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@softech 

In the past, members have been banned for nonsense-posting., but it would have to be an extreme case.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Looking at this user and where the delayed repetitive posts are occurring, I think they only post where they can bravo another poster in that thread and subsequently receive a bravo in return.  Of course, I could be wrong in my assumption.

mimmo
Oracle

@softech  I have no issue with closing a thread after say 1-2 weeks of inactivity. And I have suggested this once or twice to PM team.

This is a common practice in many forums, this thread has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new one...

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

Looking at this user and where the delayed repetitive posts are occurring, I think they only post where they can bravo another posterss in that thread and subsequently receive a bravo in return.  Of course, I could be wrong in my assumption.

I believe that this someone looks at other responses first and then inputs an enormous copy and paste response that may or likely may not be the resolution. I have never offered a bravo and I also find the requirements mentioned to contact an agent to be over what will be required when the Agent asks for confirmation information of our identity. I have backed off here just because of this as I just don't want to be in the same thread. Super mis leading to  newbies too.  

ShawnC13
Oracle

@softech,there isn't really anything to take to PM.  When I said community I meant the members of the community need to stop rewarding the people who are making these posts with Bravo's.  

If they aren't getting rewarded then hopefully they will just give up

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I gave up.....and that's hard for me to do....I mean I haven't given up on the bf....yet...so that should be an indication of the hopelessness of the situation.

Speaking of etiquette....what should one do when the OP picks the wrong solution but the correct one is yours? I'm not talking it could go either way but just plain wrong? Without directly pointing it out to either the OP or the member with the solution and they are either not picking up what you are putting down or just don't want to lose the solution? I don't care about getting the solution but its driving me crazy the current solution will misdirect future readers.🤔

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

Again, I accept the fact that PM's latest action to stop bravos on Top Contributors thread is to reward true participants than those 2 minutes posters.   

Well that was an epic fail! But I guess pm if you fail...try, try, try again!😔

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@softech wrote:

Again, I accept the fact that PM's latest action to stop bravos on Top Contributors thread is to reward true participants than those 2 minutes posters.   

Well that was an epic fail! But I guess pm if you fail...try, try, try again!😔

@darlicious, why is it an epic fail? If it is because not many people have posted in it, that could be from people realizing they won't get bravos and won't say the standard Good Work Team.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Explain that.....a date indicates an awarded badge/reward does it not?

Screenshot_20211016-111947~3.pngScreenshot_20211016-112002~2.png

Need Help? Let's chat.