cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Community Email

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi All and Happy NEW YEAR *Cheers*

I would like to change my email that is connected to my Community account; and yes, I know I can do that change myself in "My settings".

NOTE: the email I want to change it to is connected to a different Public Mobile number/account. 

For others who have done this what have been the affects you experienced? 

At which point does the Community contribution / rewards get associated to the SELF SERVE PM account?

1. on the date of change OR
  2. at month's end OR
  3. when Public Mobile assesses at the beginning of each month?

For example, if I changed the Community email on January 15, 2021, would the Community contribution be split?

1.  From Jan 1-14 be on Public Mobile account/SELF SERVE #1?
  2. Then from Jan 15-31 be on Public Mobile account/SELF SERVE #2?
  3. OR, would the contribution be associated to whatever email is entered at the time Public Mobile assesses the rewards at the beginning of every month?

Hope I was clear with that question 🤔

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv 

The community reward fund is usually credited to your account around the 6th of each month using the email address for your contribution to the community for the previous month.  PM will not split fund between two accounts as PM has other things to deal with than monitoring when you change the account email address.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How about this viewpoint. Your activity accumulates based on your Community username and the reward is applied to whichever account is linked to your Community account at that time?

@esjliv 

I have switched community emails  a couple of times and never thought about the timing of the switch for rewards.  The rewards went to the email address of the community account at the time of reward distribution (1st week of month- approx  7-8th of the month).  

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting answer from an Oracle which makes me pause.

So I'll offer...I don't think the email in the community would be looked at until the reward distribution. So they do their calc's and then those worthy community accounts would link across to a self-serve account and place the reward there. Other than that I don't think there's any interest in the email address for reward purposes.

You might be right.  I was just thinking out loud on what could be happening in the background. 

@Anonymous  I was of that mind as well; although, it was just a presumption.

Perhaps I will wait until December rewards are awarded (that is, if I get awarded any :P).

If any are entered into Public Mobile Account/SELF SERVE #1, then I will switch the Community email to Public Mobile Account/SELF SERVE #2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting answer from an Oracle which makes me pause.

So I'll offer...I don't think the email in the community would be looked at until the reward distribution. So they do their calc's and then those worthy community accounts would link across to a self-serve account and place the reward there. Other than that I don't think there's any interest in the email address for reward purposes.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe the statistics are compiled in real time and so the email change would have an immediate effect on which account is getting the credit for community activity.  With respect to the monthly rewards, the announcements are made at least a week into the next month.  That is just lead time for assessing the past month results and assigning the rewards.  Otherwise the rewards are based on monthly contributions.  

Need Help? Let's chat.