cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Community Category

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

What if PM were to change this Category to something more useful. all I see is moved threads and the threads that are actually kept here are buried beneath it all.

What do you think about a category for Common issues or something of that nature. and nobody can create a topic in this category, only moved threads that Oracle's believe can be helpful to new customers or just very helpful in general.(only move the important parts of the thread)

then we could also use it as a reference/guide on solutions that have worked in the past etc. I dunno, just an idea...

7 REPLIES 7

That's my $12,345,678.90 worth anyway 🙂

lol well played, well played! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. It only just recently got changed to begin with. How about we leave well enough alone. What does anybody other than Oracles care whether it gets moved? People do some perfunctory searching and tack on to old threads. Or new threads with their own new question. Or new thread with a me too. Or in The Lounge. Aren't all the regulars just refreshing All Posts anyway? So we all see new posts in chronological order anyway. Leave it to whoever wants to bother moving them around however they like. We'll figure it out.

That's my $12,345,678.90 worth anyway 🙂

Changing the name to some extent would help, but members often post to random categories.  I cannot even count the number of times that some has asked about something such as where to buy a sim card and post it in Rewards.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@gpixel 

I dont think we need a new category just a new name.....community is to general and it makes new users who are directed to ask for help in the community come to this board and post any issue. This has lead to a higher than normal amount of moved posts. A better name and a better explanation on where to post.....

Not quite "Discussions"  not quite "Community" not quite "General" but something that encompasses all three.....

Oh, wait a minute, I think I just came up with the PERFECT name of the forum..... how 'bout "General Community Discussions"..... not sure where the inspiration came from..... it was like a lightning bolt from above just hit me, and there it was! 😁

@gpixel 

I dont think we need a new category just a new name.....community is to general and it makes new users who are directed to ask for help in the community come to this board and post any issue. This has lead to a higher than normal amount of moved posts. A better name and a better explanation on where to post.....

Not quite "Discussions"  not quite "Community" not quite "General" but something that encompasses all three.....

@mpcdesign I don't know.. maybe everyone can give their ideas input and we can come together with something we all agree on. the Oracle's would need to be on board, since they would be doing all the work. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel , I think that's a great idea. Or maybe also add that one can NOT submit a post without adding a message tags so that if people search for that issue, it will show up in the search fields?

Need Help? Let's chat.