Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CAUTION!!....MORE SPAMMERS!!

@softech they are like ants, just keep multiplying

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

I am always impressed with the work and care you put into this Community!  🙂

From your perspective, is there something Public Mobile can do with its systems to better filter/restrict possibly "automated" signups?

softech
Mayor / Maire

I always say they should restrict a bit with new members.. like within 7 days, they can only send to CS_agent and they can only reply and not compose new.. ..

or within 30 days, they can only send to 1 person at a time.. and 5 messages daily limit.. something like this.

Of course, they are using Khoros, not sure if it can customize like that.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB 

What they could do is give us a better way of reporting them. I didn't even get a reply from the CSA's this time. They follow a distinct pattern and I usually notice the new membership within the first half hour of their creation but after reporting I have seen them still actively spamming 8 hours later. Maybe @Jade_S  can answer your question....

BlueB

@softech 

I like your ideas... maybe not exactly as suggested because it would hamper the point of getting help from the Community and reduce the directly messaging to the CS Agents.  However, having some restrictions, limits, etc could be helpful.

In addition to CS Agents and Oracles, your ideas could still work maybe with use of a new "Moderator" position who acts as the gatekeeper for new users' messages.  New users can post, but they would go into a Moderator queue and designated Moderators would approve posts for the public.

Not sure how customizable the Khoros platform is either, but good to start pitching some thoughts!  🙂

Meow

@softech wrote:

I always say they should restrict a bit with new members.. like within 7 days, they can only send to CS_agent and they can only reply and not compose new.. ..

In some cases new and potential clients create Community account and post right away because they are in trouble with PM or need assistance/have questions to be answered ASAP.

Restrictions should be put for new members to not be able to send private message (for first 7-10 days) as all spams are sent to your mail-box not to forum.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

And around and around and around we go....neither of these restrictions can work as it will affect more legitimate customers from not receiving help or customer support than the spate of spammers we get every 2 to 3 weeks. Pm needs to nip them in the bud rather than let them go to full bloom.

softech
Mayor / Maire

yes.. to clarify.. i was focusing on the Private messaging.. not post.. I think posting is ok.. so far,we don't see too many Spam posts.. and Oracle can also delete it or move them to the "Lounge"

softech
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

.neither of these restrictions can work as it will affect more legitimate customers from not receiving help or customer support 

Honest, I do not think the Private messaging is that important to new users.  As long as they can private message CS_Agent..  Or restricting them to private message one user per message, and a daily limit of # messages   (maybe messaging CS_Agent does not count towards the limit)..

again, there is technical side involved.. not sure how much they can do with Khoros

Yummy
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

Pm needs to nip them in the bud rather than let them go to full bloom.

How would you propose PM to do that?

How could they know who is legitimate vs spammer client?

Need Help? Let's chat.