cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: CAUTION!!....MORE SPAMMERS!!

@Yummy 

How do I know? It's pretty easy and they almost always come from the same IP address.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Say what now?! How do you know what their ip address is?

I suspect you might be meaning afterwards and a CSA tells you this as part of their investigation.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you look in your profile....bottom of page.....you will see your ISP.....but you cannot see others. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Yes that is what has been reported back to me. 

@Yummy 

You only have to look at the list to easily identify the bogus accounts and then be proactive by banning the IP address(es?) and check in again at the same time two days later banning the accounts as they are made and the IP address is identified.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious : Your wording made it seem as though you knew the ip at the time of writing the list of questionable usernames. So I asked. I didn't think so.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Interesting observations... I wonder if they would consider creating a new Moderator role to moderate new spammers and/or monitor and kick those accounts which are not legitimate.  With all the work you always put in, I think you'd be a great fit for that position.  🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle

@BlueB wrote:

@darlicious 

Interesting observations... I wonder if they would consider creating a new Moderator role to moderate new spammers and/or monitor and kick those accounts which are not legitimate.  With all the work you always put in, I think you'd be a great fit for that position.  🙂

I am an Admin and a Moderator on other sites I visit and they get hit hard too (one more than the other).  If we are seeing this many make it through I am sure the spam detector is picking up many more accounts that don't get through.  The ones that seem to get through on the other sites  I am on are all from the same country and for some reason make it by all the protection in place,  You can't use an  IP ban as they just switch it up.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

Of course, they are using Khoros, not sure if it can customize like that.

Large corporations might idiotically lock themselves into dependency on lousy outsourced products. They don't mess around with small details which lose money when they can focus on "big picture" stuff which makes money.

Small businesses are more agile and adaptable - they will choose Khoros as long as Khoros gives them a survival advantage, they will abandon Khoros for something better once it becomes evident that Khoros is too buggy and limited to properly serve their needs.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 

What you say is so true (about other sites too).

What if Public Mobile did an extensive background check on each person who signs up for the Community, had multiple in-person interviews, and have them shadow an experienced Public Mobile user for atleast 100 hours of "Posting" time.  Then they can be an apprentice and have a Public Mobile staff member coach them through their first 100 posts.  After that, Public Mobile can take a $10,000 deposit, 50% refunded back after 6 months of good behaviour, and the remaining 50% refunded after 12 months of good behaviour... this would likely reduce spammers by 5%.  lol 😂

Seriously though, I think as a "community" they're doing pretty good with some very diligent eyes from our oracles and other users (like @darlicious).  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

As per usual....report and delete.....here's the latest round of spammers. Oops! Except for Kieran04 sorry dude!

Screenshot_20210914-224654~2.pngScreenshot_20210914-224703~5.pngScreenshot_20210914-224718~3.pngScreenshot_20210914-224728~2.pngScreenshot_20210914-224754.png

Need Help? Let's chat.