Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullying in the forums

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Bullying in the forums is against community TOS

Terms of Service 

The following activities are not tolerated in the Public Mobile Community. Any instances of these activities will be handled by a member of our Moderator team and may result in the removal of content, written warnings, and/or temporary or permanent bans from the Community. 

• Racism, bigotry, or hatred towards any group or individual
  • Threats of physical harm against any group or individual
  • Harm to minors
  • Harassment of another person
  • Solicitation of passwords, personal information, funds, goods/services
  • Advertising of other services for personal gain (including referral codes)
  • Impersonation of a person or business, including Public Mobile or our employees and agents
  • Aggressiveness or insults directed at a group or individual (should include snide remarks)
  • Profanity or an attempt at by-passing profanity filters

So, to whom do we report bullying in the forums?  Who do we call?  The Ghostbusters?

Asking for a friend 😁

RosieR

EDITED as tagging the oracles may not be allowed.

19 REPLIES 19

@RosieR wrote:

@darlicious thank you for your input

Have a great weekend

RosieR

@Anonymous 

Hmmmm.....snide or sincere? I can't tell there are no emojiis......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : It "offends" me in that it stifles and dismisses what has been said either by me or others rendering them valueless. Factually correct answers to questions posed. It's an excessive use of using what you perceive as the authority to your gain to dress yourself in their authority to pass it off as yours as imagining you've dropped the mic with the final word.

You have been doing this for a while. Like you bow before them or something. I don't. And yet you have the gall to claim bullying. As if.

That member and I have many disagreements, as you will have seen in the past. Seems we agree on this one.

@darlicious thank you for your input

Have a great weekend

RosieR

@crustylady thank you for your input

Have a nice weekend

RosieR

@Anonymous that was not my intent.  I research the topic and wella there it was.

Here is what I posted

Bullying 1.png

and you replied with malice.  btw, oracle computergeek is very knowledgeable.

Bullying 2.png

and I replied by letting the OP know who the oracles are

Bullying 3.png

This was posted by another member (your friend? LOL)

Bullying 4a.pngBullying 4b.png

Purposelu giving wrong advice in the forums is wrong and if not included in the community guidelines and TOS, it should be.

Here is the reply from oracle ShawnC13 to prove that this should not be the case

Bullying 5.png

I didn't say anything that should offend you.  But if you thought so, my apologies

RosieR

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR@J_PM  is the new community manager if you feel your other reports/concerns have not been addressed

I have some real life experience in being harrassed in the community by another member that led to some very low moments that almost made me quit if the many, many bans that I had to needlessly suffer thru because this member in a cruel twist used the community's own terms of service designed to protect a member from harassment to harass the victim (s).

Public mobile is open to investigating any members claims of harassment. This can be a long drawn out process of many months of researching and compiling evidence against the perpetrator and convincing the community manager that the harassment was purposeful. But be aware that despite having a slew of evidence that has helped pm develope somewhat of a weak policy to deal with proven harassment any real punishment is nearly non-existent. 

It takes a tough nearly unbreakable exterior, a dogged determination and a stong mental fortitude to carry thru with he intent to prove your claim. I welcome any member who feels they are in this position to reach out to me and I will do my very best to help a member navigate the pitfalls of such an endeavour and share the different collaborations and compromises it took to even get pm to recognize that they were sorely lacking in policy in this regard and in the end it is agreeing to disagree and having to suck it up was really the only resolution.

My private mailbox is always open to discussion, resolution and letting bygones be bygones...that is the best advice to overcoming these kind of hurdles and can rekinde or form great new friendships and fellow admiration and mentorship among community members.

@ShawnC13 

Great advice from an oracle (you)that can understand and sympathize with this kind of issue.

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

C'mon folks.

Why do any of you give a rats a$$ how or why other people post the way they do?

Who cares if some users quote others, who cares if they don't quote others.

At the end of the day, let the person asking the initial question (believe you call them the "OP")  decide what's best for them and JUST LET IT GO.

Just say what you want to say, if another party doesn't like it, ignore it and don't bravo it.

Done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread _just_ earlier today.
My name is displayed wrong on outgoing calls
Two posts answered the question. The second was in effect a repeat.
You come along and post what's, in effect, also a repeat answer. Ok. Happens all the time. Whatever. You're also notorious for it well after a previous post. But you quoted and linked to a post by an Oracle. So the obvious intent is to downplay the answers already given and to give your post more weight by quoting one of the fellow customers who merely have a little more power around here and are called Oracles.
We know from your past here that you have a bugbear over having some kind of forum moderator here. Ok. Opinion. Fine. But your continuous shutting down of any further posts by claiming the authority post is doing exactly the problem I have with your way.
Or that you constantly go to the Oracles for some kind of divine answer to a question.

I'm not one to whine and complain to the mods or company people that boohoo somebody disagrees with me...how dare they...I'm quoting the almighty exalted Oracles...how can I be wrong.

It's a shut down, bullying, if you will, tactic.

@esjliv thanks for making me smile 😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR 

'Hey No! We won't Bully!'

esjliv_0-1619826458401.png

@Anonymous wrote:

Who's bullying who? You keep denouncing and renouncing and belittling what many regulars post by claiming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority as a bludgeon weapon to raise their position and by you stating it, raising yours unjustifiably.

The Oracles are just like you and me...fellow customers. They have a slight bit of "moderator" power over the place and that's it. They are on the same level post-wise as many other old-timers still participating. And they're not perfect.

The moderators we know are inconsistent and can often be wrong on their messaging to customers.

So I'll take posts from knowledgeable keen members here any day of the week. I'll even sit up and focus when they post...particularly those that don't post very much anymore who I respect for their history here.

@Anonymous prove it by citing the thread url.  If I did you wrong, I will apologize.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's bullying who? You keep denouncing and renouncing and belittling what many regulars post by claiming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority as a bludgeon weapon to raise their position and by you stating it, raising yours unjustifiably.

The Oracles are just like you and me...fellow customers. They have a slight bit of "moderator" power over the place and that's it. They are on the same level post-wise as many other old-timers still participating. And they're not perfect.

The moderators we know are inconsistent and can often be wrong on their messaging to customers.

So I'll take posts from knowledgeable keen members here any day of the week. I'll even sit up and focus when they post...particularly those that don't post very much anymore who I respect for their history here.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR@J_PM  is the new community manager if you feel your other reports/concerns have not been addressed

@ShawnC13 thank you so much!  This is awesome to know 🌹🌹🌹

Have a great weekend

RosieR

@Dunkman wrote:

@RosieR 

Bullying should not be tolerated.  Every member should feel comfortable on the forum.  

You can report the actual message as described above.  Otherwise, you will need to contact the moderator team for a more detailed response.  

@Dunkman thank you for your reply.  I had reported some posts that mods find snide remarks which were obviously directed to one member, as ok or say we are looking into it and then nothing.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@RosieR 

Bullying should not be tolerated.  Every member should feel comfortable on the forum.  

You can report the actual message as described above.  Otherwise, you will need to contact the moderator team for a more detailed response.  

Hi @HALIMACS thank you for your reply.

I had reported some posts to the moderators and often times they say the posts were ok (really laughable!) maybe because they are not account-related, or without tagging the intended member and they don't see snide remarks as against the community TOS.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @RosieR 

I agree - and this SHOULD NOT happen.

To report a post which is against the TOS, click the 3 dots on the questionable post and select the "Report inappropriate content" option at the bottom of the list.

Need Help? Let's chat.