Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moved:

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Janey2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

an Excellent post for those new to the community.  I had not seen the link to the “let’s get started” before it was pointed out here!  Thank you

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T 

So after seeing yet another username looking a lot like a real name, I went looking.
1. First of all, nowhere on the community landing page does it say where to register or sign up. Nor does it say to in your Beginners Guide. Only after wonderingly clicking Sign in does one see mention of registering. Perhaps it could say "Sign in/Register" on the Community landing page instead of just Sign in. And in the guide, perhaps a line just before let's start with the basics... "If you wish to participate or have questions then click on Sign in/Register then New User? Register here."
2. Perhaps an idea would be to delete the a and insert the words "an anonymous" before user name. And bold IT instead of the link to the account. Perhaps add "for Rewards" at the end of that sentence.
3. Perhaps an idea would be to add "Preferably anonymous" here too.

Of course all this requires people to actually read stuff but it sure could help new arrivals to guide them in protecting their identities.

community_signup.jpg

@z10user4 

When signing up for a new Community account, this site also asks for your name. During the process, it doesn't say that you can leave it blank. If you do fill i  a name, if gets placed in your public profile.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@z10user4 

When signing up for a new Community account, this site also asks for your name. During the process, it doesn't say that you can leave it blank. If you do fill i  a name, if gets placed in your public profile.

@computergeek541 

Yes but it's not openly visible. So I didn't go into that. One would need to know the password to log in and see it. So then it's about password difficulty.

They could maybe add a blurb saying the name isn't openly visible I suppose though.

@z10user4 

You're right that your inputed name isn't publicly viewable. I set a name and then logged out to check. I do not know why the site software lists your name as a public statistic when it isn't (after logging back in).

ciara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wow thanks so much this was very helpful 

ciara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi

Need Help? Let's chat.