Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Re: Beginner’s Guide to the Community

@Djenkins wrote:

I don't know the pin. We've never been able to get past user name

Contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Djenkins 

Put your phone in lost/stolen mode too.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Djenkins wrote:

I don't know the pin. We've never been able to get past user name

If you're like me and you barely delete anything, you might find the PIN in your text messages from 611. If it's an Android phone and you have used it since activation then you might find it on the SIM itself.

The username is the email address used at activation. If you still have the welcome email from then then that's the username.

So then you can use the Forgot your password? link to reset it. At that point you'll need to know the answer to the question you set up at activation or afterwards. The same with the PIN...you set it up.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Djenkins 

If the lost phone has been set up with a google account and "find my phone"you have options to secure the phone. Once you contact the moderators if you intend to continue the service with pm once acquiring a new phone and new sim card then suspending the service via the lost/stolen feature in the account will prevent autopay from charging for the next renewal. When you unsuspend you will still have a card registered to make a payment. You will also still be able to retrieve voicemail on the account with this method. If you dont have a back up phone to use heres a cheap interim phone for basic texting, calling and limited internet access til a better option can be purchased.

Spoiler
Screenshot_20201124-225338.png

Xcapri598
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i need help this same crap happened last month, why in the hell is my phone not working. I pay the same plan every month and i am so sick of this inconvience to have to go into my account go to simon send a ticket...i need my phone running for job call backs! 

why is this happening this is now 3 x ! 

i dont want this to happen again or i am goin to go with another provider 

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Xcapri598 sorry, but auto-pay fails. I suggest manually topping up your account 2-3 months ahead or a week before your renewal date to avoid this issue. this is the way I've managed my account and I haven't had any service issues. treat the payment system like a prepaid credit card and always keep the funds loaded

Moved:

ZacharyC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks

Moved:

Need Help? Let's chat.