Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner’s Guide to the Community

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community Member!

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community. Our Community is a place where you can search for answers to your burning questions, help other Community members, earn rewards, and so much more!

Navigating the Community might seem a bit daunting at first, but we’re here to help you. Let’s start with the basics:

What is the Public Mobile Community and why does it exist?

The Community is an online platform for Public Mobile customers to search, ask, and answer questions related to your service. In addition to providing help and support, the Community also serves as a way for us to better connect with you.

Public Mobile is constantly evolving, and we wouldn’t be able to do so without your feedback and suggestions. You are an essential part of the Public Mobile family, and we are growing together. In addition to that, using online platforms like the Community helps us keep costs low, which means more affordable prices for you.

What can I do in the Community?

Mostly commonly, Community members search, ask, and answer questions. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you settle into the Community:

Try searching your question first: you may find that someone has already encountered a similar situation and that an answer has already been provided. If your question hasn’t been asked before, start a topic. You only need to post once—someone will answer your question.

Asking and answering questions: the more specific you are, the more helpful it is for everyone. That said, helpful partial answers are better than nothing. Just make sure you don’t post any personal account information (e.g. credit card numbers, phone numbers, etc.).

Post in our “Get Support” board: If you have any question Public Mobile related, our Get Support board is the place to find answers. No support question is off limits, here you will find topics for: Rewards, Certified Pre-owned Phones, Service, Payment, My Account and more! 

Stay on topic: when it comes to support questions, it’s best to stay focused so that problems can get solved quickly. If you do want to discuss the news, or nearly anything else, there’s the Discussion board for that!

Recognize when your question has been answered: when the Community has served up a solution, click ‘Accept as Solution’ on the response. It helps people find answers more quickly and communicates your appreciation to the people who helped you.

Participate and get Rewards: it’s your Community, too, and that’s why we encourage everyone to get involved. In addition to Rewards for eligible customers, we have added a ranking system and badges to your profile. It’s our way to thank you and let others know that you’re a stand-up member of the Community.

Point out offensive content: we want our Community to be welcoming, respectful, and friendly. Offensive and rude comments are not welcome, and if you see anything that does not meet our Community Terms of Service, let us know by clicking the ‘Report Inappropriate Content’ button.

Check out this post on How to Navigate the Community.

How do I benefit from the Community?

You can earn rewards as a Public Mobile Community member. Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. For more information on Community rewards, check out this Help Article.

Rewards don’t stop at the Community - check out this Help Article on how you can earn even more rewards.

What are the different roles in the Community?

Public Mobile Employees:

Members with a “PM” badge are Public Mobile product managers. Our goal is to enhance your Public Mobile experience by listening to your feedback and making improvements to our services. We are inspired by YOU - the Public Mobile Community.

Members with a “CS_Agent” badge are Community Customer Support Agents. These members are here to help you troubleshoot any tech-related or service-related issues.

Oracles:

Members with a star badge are Oracles.

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our members. Oracles have used their knowledge to make a positive impact in the Community, by being helpful and providing constructive solutions and ideals, and their reward is legendary status—we view them as part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.

While the Oracles do actively help the Community, please remember that they’re customers like you, and not Public Mobile employees. Please reach out to the Customer Support Agent Team for tech- or service-related issues.

Meet our Oracles here.

Community Citizens:

The Community wouldn’t be here without our amazing Community “citizens” (i.e. members). Depending on length of membership and level of activity, Community members can unlock different titles - the newest being “New in Town”, and most tenured being “Mayor”.

• Mayor
  • Deputy Mayor
  • Town Hero
  • Model Citizen
  • Great Citizen
  • Good Citizen
  • Great Neighbour
  • Good Neighbour
  • New Neighbour
  • New in Town

Regardless of title, everyone plays an important part in making the Community a welcoming place for everyone, and every member’s contribution to the Community is appreciated.

Terms of Services

To ensure the Community is a safe and enjoyable place for everyone, all members must follow the Community Terms of Services.

We hope this post was helpful in introducing you to the Public Mobile Community. Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile.

- The Public Mobile Team

250 REPLIES 250

H_singh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

good information

@4169198437 wrote:

I need to know my account number please. 

Log into your PM account and you'll see the account number on top right side of info. I can't log in right now but you can try...if not, try later.

EDIT...if site is still down, you could try logging in with incognito mode / private.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to know my account number please. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tony19 wrote:

I would like to remove preauthorize account

@Tony19 

That could be interpreted several ways. What are you trying to accomplish?

Tony19

I would like to remove preauthorize account

@erikapcroft wrote:

Does anyone have a promo code that I can use? Thank you and happy holidays 🙂 

@erikapcroft   You may not be able to use any promo codes if you've already activated but you can redeem the free holiday gifts (if not already done?) from PM by logging into your account and selecting purchase add-ons, then purchase the $0 2GB data and 500 international mins available until the end of this month to all customers.  Also add-ons don't expire until used up completely.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rov wrote:

How do I post?

@rov 

You just did. Welcome to Public Mobile.

Select any one of the categories and see the Ask a question button near the top of the list. Fill in a subject and then type in your text in the bigger text box. Click Post.

rov

How do I post?

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

happy hollidays to everone its 10 years i am a member and come by community from time to time but always enjoy the gifts and contest below.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

@erikapcroft wrote:

Most of the time, promo codes are only for new customers. I see that you've already activiated, and I know of no current codes that are valid to existing customers.

erikapcroft

cteasdale86

Thanks for the clear breakdown 🙂

Moved:

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

1968nouche

i am very happy to be a member

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Josie1997 wrote:

I'm new to this community and I just started with public mobile about 2months ago. 

It is the best way to learn what makes PM system tick.  Learn it before something happens to your account.  You know exactly what to do instead of panic while your phone is not working.

Welcome to the PM community and enjoy your saving with PM.

@Josie1997 wrote:

I'm new to this community and I just started with public mobile about 2months ago. 

Welcome to PM. Make sure to get your free holiday promos.

Josie1997

Moved:

ciara

hi

ciara

wow thanks so much this was very helpful 

@Anonymous 

You're right that your inputed name isn't publicly viewable. I set a name and then logged out to check. I do not know why the site software lists your name as a public statistic when it isn't (after logging back in).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

When signing up for a new Community account, this site also asks for your name. During the process, it doesn't say that you can leave it blank. If you do fill i  a name, if gets placed in your public profile.

@computergeek541 

Yes but it's not openly visible. So I didn't go into that. One would need to know the password to log in and see it. So then it's about password difficulty.

They could maybe add a blurb saying the name isn't openly visible I suppose though.

Need Help? Let's chat.