cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad name

savygardener21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up for Public Mobile and Community and when I went to register with my last name it said it was a bad word. I had to use my maiden name to sign up. I have encountered this other places online and all it takes is for the company to adjust there filters

12 REPLIES 12

NoraMuise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Funny eh

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh my ... names like that trigger the filter  ...but wtf  is unscathed  ??  some things you just need real intelligence for  it seems . 😉

edited to ad ...gotta try this now  ...   Ess ex        Se xsmith

WoozyPolarBear

Happened to me too. It was really quite annoying, and somewhat offensive to me that Public Mobile considers my last name to not be worthy. My last name is (s)exsmith. And since when is (s).ex considered a "bad"/"offensive"/"curse" word? I hate the 2000's era...everyone is just looking for anything to get triggered about (bring back the 1980's - the best decade).

@darlicious  Maybe they were in that movie with Ben Stiller,  " Meet the Fockers "

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm so curious too now lol. A last name that could be seen as a curse word is quite intriguing lol

Although I remember mentioning the town of ess-ex without the hyphen and it censored that too, just automatic cuz of the last 3 letters 😂

barndoor

Can't you just put a space in the word somewhere and the filter won't recognize it .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@savygardener21 : I just wouldn't use real information. Not sure why you want to use a real name.

@savygardener21 

Now we all want to know what your last name is.....? The spam filter has its idiosyncrasies and your surname is in that boat. So are Harry and Meghan the Duke and Duchess of..............and what they may have for a Sunday............  dinner with Yorkshire pudding and gravy after having a .............fight the first time it snows this winter.

savygardener21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you

Hi - thanks for tagging me into the thread. I did look and indeed the word is in our filter, and I don't believe I can make an exception for certain cases and still keep the word within the filter. I'll check in with Khoros to see if they have a different opinion.

I'm glad you were able to work around the issue.

Thanks

David_J

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@savygardener21 wrote:

I recently signed up for Public Mobile and Community and when I went to register with my last name it said it was a bad word. I had to use my maiden name to sign up. I have encountered this other places online and all it takes is for the company to adjust there filters

@savygardener21  you have been tagged! Just kidding.

You can put whatever name you like on your Self Serve account. I don't use my real name. 

When I first signed up it was a security risk to use your real name as there were many sim-jackings.

It is supposed to be better now, but I still don't use my real name.

As long as you remember how it is entered on your Self Serve, and you can prove what name is on the account, you should be all okay.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@savygardener21 They probably use an auto filtering in the backend likely from Khoros, platform and service provider of this community site so not sure how much control they have over filtering. I will tag @David_J and may be he can have a look. 

Need Help? Let's chat.