cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aw, Snap! Chrome crashing on mobile

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there any solution? I searched but couldn't find anything.

For me it only happens when I'm browsing on my phone, and it happens constantly.

Screenshot_20200822-231453~2.png

6 REPLIES 6

Looks like ad blocking was the root cause. I whitelisted the following domains and haven't had any issues since!

publicmobile.ca.ada.support

rollout.ca.ada.support

static.ada.support

@gpixel yes I'm using an ad blocker. Never thought to check it. So far I whitelisted publicmobile.ca.ada.support and haven't had a crash yet. Will monitor for a few days and let you know.

Thanks for the suggestion!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sheytoon , this has been happening a lot lately for me.  With the self serve and community, I have learned to expect the unexpected.  This one seems less worrisome that the certificate issues. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon no, I haven't run into that problem yet. try clearing the apps storage and cache on your device's apps menu. other than that probably uninstall, restart and reinstall, restart. 

the issue I have is random freezes... I have to swipe up to get to the multi task menu and then go back in chrome to get it working again

do you have any adblocker apps installed? maybe try turning on lite mode if you haven't already done so.

rimgjackson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This has solved the problem for me:

1.  Click on Chrome

2.  Double click [Home] button on phone

3.  Swipe up to close each browsing page

4.  Re-try website

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sheytoon- Did you update chrome recently (or are you set for automatic updates)?  Perhaps you can go back to the previous version.  You should be able to find one online.  Alternatively, there is software for android to make backup copies of installed software.  That way if this situation happens, you can re-install the old version.

Need Help? Let's chat.