cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fishwife
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are bravos unlimited?

I can't really answer forum questions.  I have too much to learn and not enough to say.  But one thing I can do, is to study past discussions.

I like being able to give bravos to posts which seem helpful, kind, or positive in whatever way.

Is there any sort of quota I might exceed if I were to give bravos too freely?  (If I hear there is no practical limit on using them, then I will feel more at ease when doing so.)

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Are bravos unlimited?

@Fishwife 

I believe the limit is 20 per minute and a bravo flood is 100 per hour. I have no idea what it is per day but I'll hazard a guess at 1000? If you ever get there please share....🤣🤣🤣!!!

View solution in original post

All Replies

@Fishwife wrote:

I can't really answer forum questions.  I have too much to learn and not enough to say.  But one thing I can do, is to study past discussions.

I like being able to give bravos to posts which seem helpful, kind, or positive in whatever way.

Is there any sort of quota I might exceed if I were to give bravos too freely?  (If I hear there is no practical limit on using them, then I will feel more at ease when doing so.)

There are restrictions to giving bravos.  There is a daily limit as well as a limit that can be given within a short period of time. There is no reward that is earned for the person giving bravos, so look for helpful and high quality posts to give them for. Giving many bravos can actually devalue the worth of each.

Fishwife
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, @computergeek541 .  Any idea how many bravos it takes to hit those limits?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Fishwife 

I believe the limit is 20 per minute and a bravo flood is 100 per hour. I have no idea what it is per day but I'll hazard a guess at 1000? If you ever get there please share....🤣🤣🤣!!!

View solution in original post

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Fishwife wrote:

@Fishwife 

Being helpful, kind and positive is wonderful!

If you feel click-happy be ready to be 'errored out' with too many bravoing in a short period of time. It has been reported by others like this, previously.

Note: it is public knowledge (shown in your "View Profile" settings) of who and what posts you are bravoing, and who bravos you (incase you didn't know).

softech
Mayor / Maire

first time I heard about bravo limit was from a post  about the too many bravos within short time.   I never aware of the bravos limit  per day or per hour until now. Good to know.  

Of course, I have heard about too many bravos from new members on the same person on the same day... oops  🤣😂

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

If it's permanent that the Top Contributors thread will be placed in the lounge then it all becomes kinda moot. I'm sure we all just banged through that thread clicking as we scrolled. But even that, it takes a moment or two to go to the next page. I wonder if some people increased their post per page setting and then did that and encountered the message.

softech
Mayor / Maire

haha.. with the speed of the site..  you really cannot change page quick.. 🙂

I don't think many users will go through the settings and change posts per page

Meow
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Like everything in life, moderation is beneficial for everything.

Learned from experience and as advised by other members, Bravos are expression of Your satisfaction with the post.

You learned something new, post put a smile on your face, made your tough day bearable - it deserves Bravo.

Random Bravos just for the clicks have no meaning.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Meow : Were you involved with having the Top Contributors thread moved down to the lounge? Those "random clicks" are for the benefit of the poster not the clicker. I otherwise agree with you.

Need Help? Let's chat.