cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple I phone

Teri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received this into a email address that is not associated with my account.  Is this legit?

You have a new message from the Public Mobile Community!

Please do not reply to this email. This address is used for outgoing notifications only.

To access your message:

1. Click the link below
  2. Sign in to the Public Mobile Community, if necessary
  3. Click on the subject title of the message
  4. To reply to the private message, click on the 'reply' button in the bottom right corner

Subject: Do you like a reward? You were lucky to win a luxury brand new Apple iPhone 12. Get it now!
Date: 12-15-2020 08:04 AM

12 REPLIES 12

Flyboy

Thanks!  NOOB 🤦🏻‍♂️ here lol

@Flyboy wrote:

Just got this same message.....  tried to report it, but the "report" button everyone talks about is not there?

A82B7554-BFC1-4463-B835-AD9F39B47A04.jpeg

You need to click on the subject to open the entire email. Report link will be in the lower left hand corner. After reporting, delete.

Flyboy

Just got this same message.....  tried to report it, but the "report" button everyone talks about is not there?

A82B7554-BFC1-4463-B835-AD9F39B47A04.jpeg

little_red_ramb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would say it is a scammer. I got something similar and it was an internal message from another user *not from public mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Teri wrote:

How do I do that, I pressed ignored, can't find anything else to report it as spam.

To the lower left of the message once you click on the subject line from the inbox.

About the actual email you received, don't do anything about that. Just delete it. It's the private message in this community that you should Report and Delete. Ignore if you like.

If you act on the email then you could be telling your email system that emails from here are spam. That might be undesirable.

@Teri wrote:

How do I do that, I pressed ignored, can't find anything else to report it as spam.

You'll need to go back into the message. Below the message should be a delete and a reply button.

Teri

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Teri 

Yes, i suspect members are getting notified of PM Community items through their routine e-mail addresses if they have that setting enabled on their PM Community account.

In order to report this as spam, the original message (which is likely being received through the Private Message service on the PM Community) needs to be reported as spam.

Teri

thank you,

I got another one in my usual email.  reported that as spam, but the button was on the top.gmail. for that.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Teri wrote:

I received this into a email address that is not associated with my account.  Is this legit?

You have a new message from the Public Mobile Community!

Please do not reply to this email. This address is used for outgoing notifications only.

To access your message:

1. Click the link below
  2. Sign in to the Public Mobile Community, if necessary
  3. Click on the subject title of the message
  4. To reply to the private message, click on the 'reply' button in the bottom right corner

Subject: Do you like a reward? You were lucky to win a luxury brand new Apple iPhone 12. Get it now!
Date: 12-15-2020 08:04 AM

You properly have a spam private message at your community account.  Delete your email and login to your community account.  Check your private message inbox and report that private message as spam.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Teri 

Do not click on any part within the message.  It’s spam. Report it by clicking on the Report button to the bottom left of the message within your Private Message mailbox in the Public Mobile community forum.  After reporting, delete the message.

@Teri 

This is fake. The message is not from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.