cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else suddenly stopped getting email notifications from this Forum

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

I very recently noticed that I am getting email notifications from this forum and from private messages from moderators only intermittently... in other words, some come but some are not...

I check my message box only to find replies for which I have not received any email notification. I have double checked my spam and there is nothing there. I also checked my settings on this forum and nothing has changed.

Anyone else experiencing this?

26 REPLIES 26

I have not dared try moving my email back to Yahoo... it was too painful to be missing out on important notifications and I do not have the time to spend checking the forum all the time...

Until I read feedback that others are ok again, then I might consider moving back. For now, I use gmail and forward those to my Yahoo. That works ok for me for now.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

Has thus been corrected yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@dac13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Has this problem been resolved using Yahoo mail? I'd like to see if anyone has success again before switching back my email to Yahoo for this forum.

@pm-smayer97 I think it may be working because I'm getting loads of notifications in yahoo again.  Noticed this since about Sept 19.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take that into consideration but seems to differ from @Anonymous experience so maybe the issue is not fully resolved yet.

Please do post any updates so we can all know the status out there.

I can add that it would seem I'm caught up. Some trickled in late. But I can count solutions and pm's since the 18th. So something happened then. I have the odd smattering before. And then the usual in later Aug.

@dac13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Has this problem been resolved using Yahoo mail? I'd like to see if anyone has success again before switching back my email to Yahoo for this forum.

@pm-smayer97 I think it may be working because I'm getting loads of notifications in yahoo again.  Noticed this since about Sept 19.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take that into consideration but seems to differ from @Anonymous experience so maybe the issue is not fully resolved yet.

Please do post any updates so we can all know the status out there.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I've been getting more than nothing. For a while there it was nothing. Now it's very sporadic. And late. Not all though.

OK thanks for confirming ... I guess I'll stick with my 'temporary' gmail replacement for now until this hopefully gets resolved. No problems with it ATM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I've been getting more than nothing. For a while there it was nothing. Now it's very sporadic. And late. Not all though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 

So much for that. I got that one. I've since had 1 or more solutions and 1 or more pm's.

Oh well.

I did test a different email provider and got an email notification. So it may very well be to do with Yahoo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Not sure if you did anything as I just started getting email notifications for post from 3 DAYS ago. Strange...

Not me. Just the one today for a pm. Nothing earlier. Several pm's since it stopped.

@Anonymous 

Not sure if you did anything as I just started getting email notifications for post from 3 DAYS ago. Strange...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 

So I logged into the full-on webmail site a little earlier (Sep 12 PT). Fiddled around a bit. Didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Now I don't remember what I _might_ have changed. Anyway...I just got a pm notification email!

dac13

@pm-smayer97 I use yahoo.ca and I am still only getting some email notifications also....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Still no progress on this?!

I am still getting email notifications sporadically, e.g. replies, Bravos, but STILL not getting ANY notifications for ANY replies, PMs, posts, from MODERATORS.

Some insight... my main email is with Yahoo.com. I recently tried and changed my email account registered with this Khoros platform to another one of my email accounts with gmail. I am now noticing that I seem to be receiving all my email notifications.

So it appears as it Yahoo might be blocking/filtering SOME but NOT ALL email notifications coming from here. I have passed this on to the mods. Hopefully this will help them resolve this issue.

Anyone else with "blocked" email notifications using Yahoo.com? Any other email provider experiencing this?

@pm-smayer97 

hmmm... I use yahoo.ca. Yahoo has been talking a lot about changes to their email. Maybe that's one of the side effects. I guess I'll have to look into that with them.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I am still getting email notifications sporadically, e.g. replies, Bravos, but STILL not getting ANY notifications for ANY replies, PMs, posts, from MODERATORS.

Some insight... my main email is with Yahoo.com. I recently tried and changed my email account registered with this Khoros platform to another one of my email accounts with gmail. I am now noticing that I seem to be receiving all my email notifications.

So it appears as it Yahoo might be blocking/filtering SOME but NOT ALL email notifications coming from here. I have passed this on to the mods. Hopefully this will help them resolve this issue.

Anyone else with "blocked" email notifications using Yahoo.com? Any other email provider experiencing this?

dac13

Yes, I am experiencing the same as you....intermittent.  You are not alone.

Again strangely just received an email notification from a PM from a moderator 2 days ago... the saga continues...

Upon further review, it seems I am getting notifications for posts from a few days ago. That said, it looks like I am still getting gaps in the notifications...

I seem to be getting notifications again....will monitor to see how consistent it is.

@Anonymous  thanks. glad to know I am not alone. So clearly something is up with the Khoros platform.

Not sure if there is anyone to raise this issue to but hopefully this will get fixed soon.

BTW, case in point, I received email notification for @gblackma 's reply only because he "flagged" me but did not get any notification for the post by @Anonymous .

So, so far it appears that flagged messages are triggerring notifications for me but not much else...not Bravos, not thread replies, not private messages,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's been a few days for me. If I happen to get a solution or a pm then I used to get an email. I've had a couple solutions since the 24th. I've had a few pm's since the 26th. Those were the last days I got emails. Nothing's changed in my settings. Unless Khoros has been fiddling with things.

@pm-smayer97 mine went in the other direction. I have all notifications turned off. And I started getting your reply has been accepted as an answer notifications and private message notifications. Stay safe 

@pm-smayer97 Maybe PM hasn't rebooted their system in awhile, that always fixes things lol.

Thanks but like I said, I checked my settings and they are fine, and I am getting SOME email notifications, like I just received one for your post just now BUT I know some are NOT coming, like when mods are posting a reply to my private messages.

This is very recent thing over the last few days. Nothing has changed on my end AFAICT.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 I have never received Community emails even if I have selected "Email me when someone replies" (top right of message). Of course I have turned them off in my preferences. You do not have this selected?

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 9.26.16 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.