cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one Missed the old Long Distance addon?

gowifi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For my occasion long-distance calls, a $15 400min pack cover the need for all the countries that I call...

With the new, one, I need to buy bunches of different add on....

Thankfully, this free 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US add on is still the sweet one

6 REPLIES 6

gowifi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is alright to add new addon options....but what about keeping the old one (same amount of countries, mins, prices) as is, and let the customer pick...

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am I've been on record of saying that there should only be a single long distance option for calling all available countries. Different calling destinations could be set to use varrying amounts of the add-on.  While the current setup is easier to understand, this does not montearily benefit the customer. 

I agree that add-ons that are the same price and include the same amount of minutes should at least be combined.

You have a point about the huge amount of stranded funds having to buy so many add-ons.  What you are advocating is a digression into pay as you go vs pure prepaid.  Just to limit the number of add-ons required, they could sacrifice a bit of cost efficiency and amalgamate some of the add-ons.  Maybe for those who do a lot of long distance calling will not go for it.  Anyway, this type of discussion is good as it gives feedback to Public Mobile.  

Yes there was a big discussion of the pros and cons when they made the changes. Rates are lower overall and more countries can be called. But, having to potentially buy multiple plans especially if for very infrequent calling...is a bit of a PITA. I would suggest making certain that this Holiday Gift LD plan doesn’t wind up covering any Canada calling overages (if you are on the $10 or $15 plan). Buy the $5/500 minute Canada plan which will cover that if needed and that will preserve this LD plan for the places that you need to call.

AE_Collector

@will13am I've been on record of saying that there should only be a single long distance option for calling all available countries. Different calling destinations could be set to use varrying amounts of the add-on.  While the current setup is easier to understand, this does not montearily benefit the customer. 

I agree that add-ons that are the same price and include the same amount of minutes should at least be combined.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There used to be less countries covered by the international long distance add-on.  Now with a larger number of included countries, they have had to separate them into different add-ons to reflect differing costs.  If they kept all countries in a single add-on the convenience would come at a huge cost depending on which country is being called.  For the sake of convenience and less optimizing on cost, they could roll up some of the add-ons.  As an example, US and UK could be combined because they have identical per minute cost.  Forgo a little bit of savings and US, UK, India and Pakistan could be slotted into a single long distance add-on.  This could be the topic of quite a lengthy discussion.  

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gowifi  Me too; especially as it includes Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.