cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied and other errors

bv_studio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I've been trying to get help on a question regarding my formerly accepted credit card for Auto-Pay is now not being accepted. When looking in this community for answers and to even post a question I either get a 
ACCESS DENIED error
or
An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 778A434B.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I am obviously logged in with my Community login and my Public Mobile account is active.
I have a Support Ticket issued, but when I click on "View Copy of my Ticket" I get this 

Access Denied

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
23 REPLIES 23

Huh @darlicious ?  The thread I posted above gives me the option to accept a solution.

Are you suggesting that you ALSO started a similar thread earlier this year that had been relegated to the Lounge which also recently re-entered the Community from the Lounge?

@HALIMACS 

That's difficult since your post was edited by @ShawnC13  rather than replied. Now if you can only find my thread and reply to it you will get the solution?😃

I'm on it, @darlicious 

.... or am i ...   😉

EDIT:   Hi @darlicious, see below ... now, i just have to decide which response deserves the solution.... 🤔.    

Mysterious missing posts - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@BlueB @esjliv 

Funny that ..I have one from late May 2020 that I think @HALIMACS gave me the solution for in another thread about missing bravos this past February. But the thread had been moved to the lounge when "bravo cop" hysteria was at its height so alas I couldn't choose a solution even if I wanted! Then I ran into that thread again the other day (starting to like the recommendations at the bottom pf the page) and noticed it had moved back out if the lounge so a solution is possible.....so now @HALIMACS  just has to find it!!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv wrote:

HAHA, funny thing, I never selected a Solution! Well, I just did.

I recall BlueB submitted a ticket on my behalf to have PM turn the setting back on for me. Thanks @BlueB   🙂

Better late than never??

No problem... just glad we got it fixed!!  🙂

@bv_studio 

What are you using as the billing address?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bv_studio wrote:

Nope. Nothing works.

My other credit cards work - just not the one I need to use, anymore.

One possibility is that Public Mobile has now blocked the use of Business credit cards, since they charge the merchant a higher rate.

@bv_studio 

Have you contacted CS to get to the bottom of it?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bv_studio

Nope. Nothing works.

My other credit cards work - just not the one I need to use, anymore.

One possibility is that Public Mobile has now blocked the use of Business credit cards, since they charge the merchant a higher rate.

@bv_studio 

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. You may also want to use a different device. The pm site likes your device to only have eyes on her soda laptop or desk top computer may have too much going on in the background tm give pm the attention she demands so using your phone or a lesser used device may be more successful for you. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

bv_studio

Unfortunately, using the suggestions here ( cleared Browser Cache + Incognito Mode ) do not help my other error I have been getting when trying to use my RBC Business Mastercard for auto-pay, that up until this month ( Oct 2021 ), has been used successfully with Public Mobile. The card has not changed nor has RBC blocked its use. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Very strange not to get notification while the private msg has been turned off.

I would try to register Credit card after clearing cache or use incognito mode in chrome.

@bv_studio wrote:

Thank you for all the replies.

The answer was indeed turning back ON , Private Messages.

It WAS on before, ( because I had lengthy Private Messages with a support staff, back in June 2021), but Public Mobile turned it off, for some reason, and I never noticed.

@bv_studio   Good to hear that it's been sorted and thanks for coming back to update your thread and confirming what the problem was.  It's odd that your private messaging was turned off without your knowledge though.

bv_studio

Thank you for all the replies.

The answer was indeed turning back ON , Private Messages.

It WAS on before, ( because I had lengthy Private Messages with a support staff, back in June 2021), but Public Mobile turned it off, for some reason, and I never noticed.

@esjliv 

I wonder if this is what happened to me a few weeks ago...? The CSA's couldn't see any of my private messages or even a support ticket until the next day. But everything else appeared normal. After nearly 36 hours I logged in as @maximum_gato  and sent a message and received a reply in less than 5 minutes. It took another 3 days of troubleshooting until they finally received the support ticket. Unfortunately the CSA that answered the ticket wouldn't give me an explanation but would only say she opened a ticket with the tech team and they fixed it a few minutes later.

@esjliv wrote:

If this IS your issue, it is funny because I posted an issue about the same thing months ago. It randomly turned off somehow, and I didn't know what was going on.

This could be a good reminder to everybody to check their profiles from time to time. Some items could be reset or defaulted for who knows what reason...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv  @cellphoneuser1    Lol...I didn't know that private messages could be turned off and indeed after going into settings and turning off pm, my inbox disappeared!  Learned something I guess..  😊

@bv_studio   The only other thing I can think of, when that message is seen, is when a post/thread has been removed either by an oracle (moving it to the correct category), or by PM filter because a word in the post was deemed to be inappropriate by the smut filter. 

@dabr 

I went searching for my post, here it is from May when I had the issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/No-Inbox-Envelope-in-Community-account/m-p/...

I recall BlueB submitted a ticket on my behalf to have PM turn the setting back on for me. Thanks @BlueB   🙂

Now, I cannot be sure this is the same issue that @bv_studio is having, as I am able to start a Private Message to them (and this was not available to others when it happened to me). 🤔

Unless OP fixed setting already. 👍

@esjliv   Hmm...interesting.  I'm happy that you found a way (via Blue) to get customer support.  Yeah, hopefully OP comes back with an update.

Edit:  the other option for you to have contacted customer support would have been to create a new community profile.  I can think of a couple of users who have had to do that in the past, although it was for entirely different reasons than yours, of course. 😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv  @cellphoneuser1    Lol...I didn't know that private messages could be turned off and indeed after going into settings and turning off pm, my inbox disappeared!  Learned something I guess..  😊

@bv_studio   The only other thing I can think of, when that message is seen, is when a post/thread has been removed either by an oracle (moving it to the correct category), or by PM filter because a word in the post was deemed to be inappropriate by the smut filter. 

@dabr 

I went searching for my post, here it is from May when I had the issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/No-Inbox-Envelope-in-Community-account/m-p/...

Now, I cannot be sure this is the same issue that @bv_studio is having, as I am able to start a Private Message to them (and this was not available to others when it happened to me). 🤔

Unless OP fixed setting already. 👍

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bv_studio  if you do not see the Envelope on the left side of your Avatar at the top right of your Community page, then @cellphoneuser1  is likely correct.

Go to your My Settings, and navigate to the below and make sure "Turn on private messages" is checked.

esjliv_0-1634345843332.png

If this IS your issue, it is funny because I posted an issue about the same thing months ago. It randomly turned off somehow, and I didn't know what was going on.

A fellow member submitted a ticket for me, and the Moderator (at the time) turned this setting back on for me (not knowing I could do it myself) 😛

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@bv_studio wrote:
I've been trying to get help on a question regarding my formerly accepted credit card for Auto-Pay is now not being accepted. When looking in this community for answers and to even post a question I either get a 
ACCESS DENIED error
or
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 778A434B.

I am obviously logged in with my Community login and my Public Mobile account is active.
I have a Support Ticket issued, but when I click on "View Copy of my Ticket" I get this 

Access Denied

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Turn on private messages. Your pirvate messages are turned off. You can't send or read your private messages unless it's on. Ticket info is in  the sent private message box.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@bv_studio   you meant you try to post in the Community and you got the error?  But you have posted this question now.  You are using a new account now?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bv_studio wrote:
ACCESS DENIED error
or

Access Denied

@bv_studio  try clearing your brower's cache/cookies, or try accessing Self Serve through another browser OR device.

Also, opening a TAB in incognito mode is usually successfully for strange website issue - try this method.

Need Help? Let's chat.