cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: "Moderator" Term Change Survey

@dac13 wrote:

I agree that "moderator"  was not an ideal term.

I would suspect that it came out of history. Before the forum took off they would indeed have been the actual moderators. But then the whole Oracle thing grew up and they stepped back to being the customer service people.

But that's all speculation. What do I know. It was before my time.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@dac13 wrote:

I agree that "moderator"  was not an ideal term.

I would suspect that it came out of history. Before the forum took off they would indeed have been the actual moderators. But then the whole Oracle thing grew up and they stepped back to being the customer service people.

But that's all speculation. What do I know. It was before my time.

@z10user4 Before my time also.  🙂  It may be speculation but that makes sense.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian_Y wrote:

*EDIT*

This survey is now closed.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey, or left us feedback on this post. We really appreciate your help! 

Stay tuned for results 😀

---------------------------

Hi Community,

We’re looking for your help to rethink the term “moderator”! 

Here at Public, our moderators assist customers, resolve issues and are involved in managing Community content. They are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket, and are our eyes and ears for any new issues. 

We know that the term “moderator” doesn’t cover all the amazing work they do. We’ve also heard that “moderator” is confusing and not very intuitive for new customers.

So we’ve shortlisted a few alternatives which you’ll hopefully like better. 

Please share your thoughts through this short survey. Your responses will be completely anonymous.

The last day to vote and share feedback is JANUARY 25, 2021.

We’re looking forward to hearing from you 😀

- Public Mobile Team

@Vivian_Y 

Can you kindly update the Community on any progress with respect to the Moderator term change?

Still Moderators, ..... or are they now called by something with the word "customer" in it?

Need Help? Let's chat.