cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: "Moderator" Term Change Survey

@AE_Collector wrote:

Oh and the survey? I cant get past a pop up asking me to “Log In” even though I see nowhere to log in to nor do I know what I am being asked to Log in to. And I cant back out of it, I had to close the page and come back in to the Community again. I am on an iPad.

AE_Collector

It is a google survey. You need to log in using a google account. Any I would assume. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Just choose other and fill in your choice here: ________________.

If you have any further comments add them here: _______________.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector : It will take you to a Google login. Telus has moved a bunch of services over to Google unfortunately.

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

• I didnt use a Google account 
ShawnC13
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@AE_Collector : It will take you to a Google login. Telus has moved a bunch of services over to Google unfortunately.

Shaw probably will be soon as well.  They will be migrating their shaw.ca mail service to something else just as Telus did migrating to gmail.  Not sure if they have chosen who they (Shaw) will use yet though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Bear2 wrote:

@RosieR Made me laugh. I think all phone customers need a 007 agent on their team/side

@Bear2 😁😅😂

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

There is mass confusion with people coming on here and posting all sorts of info that they shouldn’t be posting as they think they are only talking to a company representative. Not that title changes would correct that but it would be a small step in the right direction.

Guarantee that everyone (or anyone) will be responsible and rational on open public internet? We all know that's basically impossible.

But I do agree that any step in the right direction, no matter how small or obvious, is better than nothing. It might be the difference which helps one person from being victimized. There's the old proverb about how one must move forward today or find oneself a day behind tomorrow - and Public Mobile's refusal to keep pushing forward effectively means they keep falling backward.

So I think it's important for Public Mobile to make an effort to communicate things and to inform customers as much as possible. A real effort, not a minimum-legal-requirement effort. Happier customers make money, unhappy customers cost money.

I think there should be some sort of in-your-face message which clearly communicates "this is a public internet forum, visible to everyone, the people answering your questions are not Public Mobile employees".

There are ways to do this - there's even already a ton of blank screen space on every page. It can be done effectively. We all know that slipping this sort of info into EULA Terms of Service pages means that 99.9% of people will just "agree" and click past without reading without thinking without caring - they'll just be annoyed by anything which obstructs their path to the $Community Rewards$ or to the fix for their urgent issue.

Some sort of content autofilter which recognizes (and masks) text which looks like phone numbers and IMEIs would be good. Similar filters which mask out names and SIM IDs and other account-based information would be good. It's routine webstuff, not much trickier than bad language filters.

The ideas can even be combined. "WARNING! Your post appears to contain private information like your name and phone number. This will be visible to every search engine, every criminal, every fool on the internet. Please change your text before clicking to submit."

mitchnet12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The use of the term "moderator" doesn't exacly describe the role of of a customer service agent to a new user. It is wise to revisit the terminology to improve the customer experience.

SteveMobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've only been with PM for a few week and I think this is a great idea to change the name "moderator". As a new user, I was really confused how to contact someone from PM to port my number. 

For me, moderator wasn't intuitive enough as many forums have mods that take care of the content but don't tend to the actual administrative work.

I'm hoping you all can re-work the layout of the forum as well. I also find it a bit confusing to navigate.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree that "moderator"  was not an ideal term.

Need Help? Let's chat.