cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: iPhone Update and APN settings

My iphone is 6 plus.  When I tap cellular data, the APN already showed isp.mb.com, so I have deleted the letter "i" only.  May be as you said, my iphone has got the data automatically.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Esther365 wrote:

My iphone is 6 plus.  When I tap cellular data, the APN already showed isp.mb.com, so I have deleted the letter "i" only.  May be as you said, my iphone has got the data automatically.

Thank you.

@Esther365 

As long as your data is working, no need to mess with APN settings.

Highlighted

My iOS doesn’t seem to correspond to these instructions.
-‘Cellular data’ is just a toggle (On/off); 

-‘cellular data options’ has toggles for ‘enable LTE’, ‘data roaming’, and ‘low data mode’;

-‘cellular data network’ only has fields for APN, username and password; and Has a switch for ‘reset settings’. 
I can find nowhere to  set MMSC, MMS proxy or anything else.

please help. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bvanpoor wrote:

My iOS doesn’t seem to correspond to these instructions.
I can find nowhere to  set MMSC, MMS proxy or anything else.

please help. 

@Bvanpoor what version of iOS and Carrier profile are you running?  This is found under Settings --> General --> About --> Software Version & Carrier.  If your phone supports it, latest version as of this writing is iOS 13.4.1 and Carrier profile is Public Mobile 41.0.  If applicable, you can update to the latest from Settings --> General --> About --> Software Update.

With the latest iOS and Carrier Profile loaded, you shouldn't need to set anything (because they are automatically configured by the Carrier Profile).  Instructions to set these manually are very out-dated (pre-date iOS 8 or so).  If you're trying to get something set up, have a look at this thread, which might have a post appropriate to whatever you're trying to do.  If you need further assistance, please tell us what model of iPhone you're using, and what issue you're experiencing.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

I am using iPhone 8 with iOS 13.4.1 (the latest). 

you were right, everything was already configured - I just hadn’t rebooted because I was looking for more setting to change. 

Btw, APN is set to isp.mb.com, which is different from the instructions PM provides. 

Thank you @CalgaryBen - that was really helpful. PM should update their pages. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bvanpoor wrote:

Btw, APN is set to isp.mb.com, which is different from the instructions PM provides. 

"Under the hood", your APN is likely set to sp.mb.com by the Carrier Profile, as that's the recommended APN for general use on PM.  If you're curious to know/check, then in this post, I provide instructions on how to check the APN (requires going into Field Test mode).

What you are referring to is likely the Personal Hotspot APN (Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Network --> Personal Hotspot APN).  The recommendation there is indeed isp.mb.com, and is typically used for tethering now.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is an effective link for the configuration APN: for IOS, android and other. This link gives the specific procedure for each type of phone:

Here's the link:  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/

Select your phone modal to get device costomized for Public mobile APN settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.