cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: iPhone Update and APN settings

I can use my data, call, text without changing any settings of my iphone5s.

Before I use PM I used TELUS. Do I need to change my setting as shown in this post?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @hj

Your phone should receive carrier settings automatically from PM.  If you see the update, do accept/install it.  

If your data doesn't work then you will have to manually enter these settings.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@hj I too transferred in from Telus and my settings automatically updated. All I had to do was a hard restart (powering down phone) and when it powered up, I saw "Public Mobile" as the carrier. I also noticed under Cellular Data Network that the APN changed to isp.mb.com. Is this what you have?

On iOS 10:  Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Cellular Data Network

Highlighted

Yes, I have the same!

Highlighted

Hello all,

Anyone would tell me how do i activate my data plan on iphone5S (ios 10.1) ? Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@syed_milad it should just work!

I have a 5c and when I activated a month ago, my phone did a carrier update and everything worked fine. If you're having issues, do a search of the Community and you'll find several posts with the information you're asking for.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@syed_milad, if you have used your 5S with another carrier before, it may be best to delete the previous carrier profiles and then check update for a  carrier update from PM.  

Highlighted

hello ,

would you please tell me what is the benefits of "Enable LTE" and "DATA ROAMING" ? I have got these 2 options under cellular data option. Is there any way to efficiently use cellular data ? 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: iPhone Update

How did you resolve issue?

I have identical issue with iphone 4 ??

Thanks

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't have those settings ((( When I go to Settings - Cellular - Cellular data network I can see only Personal Hotspot with APN field, Username and Passsword. And Reset Settings option - that's it, nothing more.

I have Legacy IPHONE 4

Please Advise.

Thanks in advance