cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Public Mobile experience just got an upgrade.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have a big announcement to share with you! 

Starting July 13, Public Mobile is going 100% digital, with all new activations and devices taking place exclusively online. New customers can join Public Mobile on the go, from anywhere, without setting foot into a store.

To officially mark the start of a new & improved Public Mobile experience, we’re announcing two exciting new features launching today:

Browse up to 30x faster with new 4G-speed plans. 

Now, you can get up to 30x faster speeds with Public Mobile’s new 4G-speed plans, when compared to existing 3G-speed plans. These new plans provide new and existing customers with a wider range of included data and speeds to choose from, depending on their needs. 

Introducing the new My Account: A modernized, mobile-first self-serve experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, our refreshed self-serve portal provides you with easy account-management at your fingertips without the need for in-person support. Plus, it features an all new intuitive mobile-friendly design to make all account management a breeze. 

Along with these new features, as many of you know, we recently launched our new rewards program Public Points earlier this year, where you can earn and redeem rewards with ultimate flexibility. We also redesigned our Community Forum to give our customers the ability to find solutions faster, with 24/7 access to online support. 

Expect to see many more exciting enhancements as we continue on our journey of putting the power of mobility in the hands of Canadians. To celebrate these exciting launches, we will be giving new subscribers 3x the points-back for their first 12 months, for a limited time on eligible purchase, through our Public Points™ Rewards program.

Important Details:

• You will still be able to purchase SIM cards from TELUS & Koodo corporate stores. Find a store near you using our store locator.  
  • Vouchers will still be available for purchase in the same locations as before. Visit our vouchers page to access our list of voucher purchase locations.  

For more information on these exciting new changes, please visit publicmobile.ca or our FAQs on these changes. 

- Public Mobile Team

294 REPLIES 294

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Seadog 

Have you contacted customer support to fix the issues with the double billing and your referral code credit not showing up?

Seadog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, system will not work, have been double billed, friend code not applied

@suziecute691   Did you manage to make your payment?  If not purchase a voucher from SDM, 7/11, London Drugs or Shell and add it to the account by dialing 611 on your phone.  Online options for purchasing vouchers are available if you don't mind paying an extra fee.  You can try muskbird.com or recharge.com.

mron123

As for my message that I couldn't get any service,A person named Oana contacted me and told me I had to remove the SIM card and replace it in my phone.Then I had to turn my phone off and reboot it and it would work.I followed these directions and my phone and my new account are up and running perfectly.Thanks for all your help Oana and for taking the time to help me.

suziecute691

How do I pay my bill? I cannot use the phone it won’t let me dial out.

@JeanLafrance    First use the down arrow top right of your post and immediately delete the account numbers as this is an open public forum.

If the RAF code never got applied, then you can submit a ticket and ask customer support to add it the account if you used your friend's code, or if your friend used your code, then they need to contact support and ask for assistance.

Here's a link to chatbot to submit a ticket:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send private message to CS_Agent, if unable to submit a ticket, here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@JeanLafrance- Use an O instead of a zero. It works. The zero does not. You will need to contact support and have them apply the proper code.

JeanLafrance

I activated a new Sim Card last night but could not enter the refer a friend code in the box, said code was not good. Missed out on reward so did my friend !!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Vikramhari5911 

Welcome to Public Mobile! Did everything go OK? Do you need help with anything?

Vikramhari5911

today new sim buy i am activate

bluscorpio09

awesome!!!

@JeanLafrance    Yeah, even the store locator list may have stores that no longer sell the PM SIM, hence the need to phone ahead. 

So submit a ticket via chatbot first to see if CSA's can provide you with an update.  Amazon and Canadiancellsupplies.com are another option, of course, if you're in a rush.

trish24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

have you spoke with the chatbot and gotten her to do a ticket to see why you haven't received your sim card yet and see if they have an alternative for you as well in order to resolve what is going on 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help  then chat with simon near the top 

JeanLafrance

Thanks. Will check on store locator. none in my small town, checked yesterday

@JeanLafrance   You'll need to contact customer support via chatbot and ask for an update.  PM's SIM delivery times can take upto 3 weeks, unfortunately. Here's a link to chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help

Your other option is to go to an official Koodo/Telus store nearby but not all stores stock the PM SIM, so phone ahead if decide to do that.  Amazon or Canadian Cell Supplies may also be able to provide faster delivery, especially if you have Prime with Amazon and then you can keep the one from PM as a spare for a future referral or replacement if necessary.

JeanLafrance

I am a new customer. Paid for a Sim Card on Jan/24/2023 and still waiting. I need a cellphone to do my work. Please send me a Sim Card ASAP or I will have to go to another provider

OwenByamukama

Amazing !!

HI  @majsiddiqui   not sure the future, but not at the moment

I don't think PM will reply you with a solid date.  Usually they just announce when it comes.  

But it you like, instead of posting here, you can try to open a ticket with CS agent

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@majsiddiqui- 1. Not at this time. 2. Other than the person who started this thread, no one here knows the future plans. That person may not even know what the higher-ups intend.

majsiddiqui
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello PM Team,

Please advise if current PM clients have the option to convert physical SIM to eSIM? If not at present time, will this be available in the near future to PM customers?

Thanks.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

By the time PM offers 5G speeds, I suspect the latest & greatest data speeds will be 7G.

@Jacques16 

13 juillet 2022. Il s'agissait en fait d'un ancien message d'il y a quelques mois. Juste que les gens continuent à y répondre des mois plus tard

Jacques16

13 juillet qu'elle année?

2022-2023?

@GarySajjan wrote:

How far away are we from 5G Speeds?

@GarySajjan far away.   PM LTE speed is capped at 100Mbps

While Telus 5G speed could be capped at 250Mpbs or 1Gpbs depends on the plan you have

GarySajjan

How far away are we from 5G Speeds?

Jacques16

Les forfaits 3g et 4 g sont bien indiqué 

ernurse1972

People use cell phones as their primary communications.  Potential job interviews, doctor’s appointments, and other vital needs dictate the immediate use of a working phone.  Two and three weeks without is NOT acceptable.

ernurse1972

Agree 100,000%

ernurse1972

Take it as a sign of their very poor online assistance and run!!  As far away as you can get!!

@ITMechanic 

Try to login again using Incognito mode and on the addon section, you should get two entries of each (for 2021 and 2022 Christmas bonus) 

2GB -- 2GB one-time data bonus
500 mins --  500 one-time Int'l LD bonus

Need Help? Let's chat.