cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Public Mobile experience just got an upgrade.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have a big announcement to share with you! 

Starting July 13, Public Mobile is going 100% digital, with all new activations and devices taking place exclusively online. New customers can join Public Mobile on the go, from anywhere, without setting foot into a store.

To officially mark the start of a new & improved Public Mobile experience, we’re announcing two exciting new features launching today:

Browse up to 30x faster with new 4G-speed plans. 

Now, you can get up to 30x faster speeds with Public Mobile’s new 4G-speed plans, when compared to existing 3G-speed plans. These new plans provide new and existing customers with a wider range of included data and speeds to choose from, depending on their needs. 

Introducing the new My Account: A modernized, mobile-first self-serve experience.

Redesigned from the ground up, our refreshed self-serve portal provides you with easy account-management at your fingertips without the need for in-person support. Plus, it features an all new intuitive mobile-friendly design to make all account management a breeze. 

Along with these new features, as many of you know, we recently launched our new rewards program Public Points earlier this year, where you can earn and redeem rewards with ultimate flexibility. We also redesigned our Community Forum to give our customers the ability to find solutions faster, with 24/7 access to online support. 

Expect to see many more exciting enhancements as we continue on our journey of putting the power of mobility in the hands of Canadians. To celebrate these exciting launches, we will be giving new subscribers 3x the points-back for their first 12 months, for a limited time on eligible purchase, through our Public Points™ Rewards program.

Important Details:

• You will still be able to purchase SIM cards from TELUS & Koodo corporate stores. Find a store near you using our store locator.  
  • Vouchers will still be available for purchase in the same locations as before. Visit our vouchers page to access our list of voucher purchase locations.  

For more information on these exciting new changes, please visit publicmobile.ca or our FAQs on these changes. 

- Public Mobile Team

294 REPLIES 294

HI @balaca   Help is on the way (at least hope is on the way)

There is a maintenance tonight for some much needed bug fixed , so let's hope that resolved most the problem

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Scheduled-System-Maintenance-on-Sept-8/...

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a timeline for the new totally buggy website to be fixed? 

It is awful to see 'Sorry, we didn’t find what you were looking for' much more often than any usual account-related content, regardless of mobile-use or laptop-use.

If PM really cares, they would get their Software Engg Team to do root-cause analysis, and then share the work-around as well as timeline to fix, to help the customers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@T7-P7 

You can also try turning on/off speakerphone a couple of times during the conversation in fairly quick succession. Also check your settings to ensure Bluetooth is not on. Drug testing using Bluetooth headphones and traditional headphones if your phone has a headphone jack. Try making a call using messenger or another online app and see if the issue is the same or if it just occurs with your phone app. Also try rebooting in safe mode and see if the issue occurs during a phone call. That will help tell you if a third party app is interfering with the stock phone app. And as suggested by @softech the making model of your phone would be helpful.

@T7-P7   

Start with a phone reboot

if fails, try to reseat the sim card, power off, take sim card out for a minute before you put it back and power up

And you can try a test call to 226-244-4444, you can hear back what you spoke

If it still fails, try to put your sim card in another phone.  This confirm if it is a device issue or a account/network issue

You might also want to test the phone in different part of the town so we know if it is an issue isolated to a specific area

Finally, if it still does not work, let us know the model and brand of your phone.  Also, let us know where you are at (city/province).

T7-P7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have a problem with the network whereby I cannot hear the person who has called me and vice versa . The communication is cut off and comes back after several halloos . What should I do?

Charitus

@Pawprints1986 
Ive always had the

$25 monthly , 1024 MB monthly and data at 3G Speed with unlimited minutes, long distance and international picture and text messaging. I use WIFI at home and when Im out. I always get great speeds. My connections have been reliable when needing data. Calls never drop. I can use the phone anywhere in Canada without roaming charges.
Dont need more than that and wifi is obviously unlimited. My plan is now down to 21.00 with years signed up and autopay. Its taken out every month, and I prefer the reduced monthly fees and am grateful I am grandfathered in. Never had any problems at all, except in the beginning and the forums helped me immediately to configure my phone to allow picture messaging. I'd never go to another provider again.
 Im not sure why you are having managing issues with the new site. Maybe I see a different layout. my links to all options are in left column and easy to click through.

markb

3 weeks

@markb when did you make the plan change?  it takes 48 hours for PM to make the speed change.  If ut has not been 48 hours yet, please wait and try after 48 hours

if it has been over 48 hours, open  ticket with PM support

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

markb

not 30x faster,  it's the same speed...   or nothing at all...  was having bad data rates all day.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ernurse1972 I can understand the frustration, but be careful if you do switch. From what I've heard freedoms coverage is still hideous... Especially if you ever travel to the US. My friend has it and was trying to meet up with her friend... Her friend had to send a message saying "I'll meet you here" type thing and wait around and hope for the best because service on freedoms end (don't know who they use when over there) dropped right out. Just as a caution of who to switch to

ernurse1972

This “upgrade” frigged up all my accounts.  Was blocked out of one.  Now, two more.  Time to switch.  I see Freedom Mobile has a good deal.  When blocked out, we need someone to talk to.  

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Charitus so what was your plan before any loyalty discounts? Do you pay via manual top ups? Just wondering if yours makes you pay the whole amount due despite knowing how to account for and subtract rewards... My current frustration as well as the harder to manage site

I wonder what would happen if you get a voucher for less than what is due, if it lets you add the lesser amount in that case. Hmm

@abeentz- No you are not. It was a terrible roll out. Have you tried clicking the little spinner refresh buttons lower down under your plan and the other side under any add-ons? I find it refreshes better but I still wonder. I do have a hard time trusting the site.

abeentz

Am I the only one that has a lot more problems accessing my account on Public Mobile since they went to the new format.  I thought the old one was perfect.  Now my data always reads .1 gb no matter how much I use.  It's far harder for me to get to my account.  I don't like it at all.

Charitus

And Christmas presents every year. TY ❤️ for extra data and USA long distance mins. PM rocks.

Charitus

I pay 21.00 a month now with discounts after being on PM for years. My plan is grandfathered in. Im not going to lose it. . Have unlimited mins, long distance in Canada and unlimited text and picture messaging. PM has always been reliable service. I dont need added data. I use wifi where ever I go. Its available everywhere now. Love my PM ❤️ 
Still a great deal for new comers. 

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And on top of that, PM probably makes a high percentage profit off the SIM cards, as all cell service providers would.

@lyylwygaj wrote:

E-Sim will make the sign up process 200% more efficient, no need to get to store and wait for sim to arrive.

VoLTE provision

Exactly what reason would Public Mobile have to keep people away from Telus/Koodo stores?

lyylwygaj

E-Sim will make the sign up process 200% more efficient, no need to get to store and wait for sim to arrive.

VoLTE provision

@Angela81 wrote:

One idea could also be linked to loyalty, earning data or int’l mins instead of $… or reward points members can “buy” add-ons

A good idea in theory.

But some of us hardly ever use data or minutes. I keep on accumulating more and more every time PM hands out a gift. Real dollars are always useful, more minutes and data I don't use aren't useful.

So in practice it might be better to let the customer choose how to spend that loyalty bonus. To buy data or minutes or to simply save a few bucks.

But then we basically have exactly what PM already offers us with their new Points system.

Angela81

One idea could also be linked to loyalty, earning data or int’l mins instead of $… or reward points members can “buy” add-ons

Welcome aboard! 

Lol hopefully.. I mean it better be 

lyylwygaj

I am new to PM, and so far I like it!

__Marc__

Hello,
I contacted customer support and was told that most probably it is temporary. However, there is nothing exceptional about deleting a row in a database. Let me try. DELETE * FROM Customers_Credit_Card WHERE Customers_Credit_Card_Id='1234'. It's been a month since the new interface was released, agents can delete credit card information, so it's a deliberate choice not to allow the customer to delete their information.
Thank you for your time.
I wish you a wonderful day.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@__Marc__ 

I couldn't agree more and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that it is a glitch they intend to fix. So have you had any success? If not you will have to contact customer support unless you want credit gift card to try? The offer stands just private message me.

__Marc__

Verdict: changing browsers does not change anything. Rather, it was Telus' programming choice that chose to force customers to leave their credit card information in their database. This very sensitive data that can give you big headaches if stolen. It's a big mistake to no longer allow customers to delete credit card information. Leaving our credit card information on a server should remain a personal choice and not an obligation.

Thank you very much for your advices. Nice evening. Marc.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@__Marc__ 

Your welcome. Please do. Fingers crossed.🤞

__Marc__

Thank you. I'll follow your instructions and I'll give you a feedback.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@__Marc__ 

Firefox is a problem with the new self serve. I am unsure if the old sites limitation of 2 attempts per hour carried over so wait out an hour and use one of the 2 browser suggestions I gave earlier they are the most site friendly.

Need Help? Let's chat.