cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED- Win a $100 Amazon gift card with our More is Merrier Community contest!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Holiday Banner_English-01.png

Hey Community, 

Here at Public Mobile, we love the holiday season. It’s the perfect time of year to spend time with loved ones and share gifts with the people you appreciate. This holiday season, we want to show you how much we appreciate you

On top of the free data and international calling you can get during our 3 weeks of giving (see that Community post here), we’re giving away a whole lot of Amazon gift cards! 

I’m intrigued… what could I win?

One of a whole lot of Amazon gift cards - 160 to be exact. 

• 10 winners will get an $100 Amazon gift card
  • 50 winners will get a $50 Amazon gift card
  • 100 winners will get a $10 Amazon gift card 

Cha-ching! How do I get in on this contest?

Let us know in a comment below... what is your favourite part about the holiday season? Do you look forward to seeing loved ones, bundling up for outdoor winter fun, giving (or getting) gifts, or doing nothing at all? We want to hear what makes this time of the year special for you. Once you comment, you’ll be entered into a random draw to win one of our prizes. 

When and how will I know if I won?

Make sure to enter before December 25th 11:59PM ET for your chance to win. All the winners will be selected and contacted via private message the week of January 7th 2020. This Community post will also be updated with a list of the winners. A little way to start your year off right. 

Happy Holidays! We can’t wait to hear from you! 

• The Public Mobile Community Team

Important details

• The contest closes December 25th 2019 at 11:59PM ET. 
  • Winners will be selected on January 7th 2020 and will be contacted via private message on the Community
  • We will also update this Community post with a list of the winners
  • Must have an active Public Mobile account to enter. One entry per person 

Spoiler

CONTEST RULES

1.       HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share their favourite thing about the Holiday Season on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs December 4 to December 25, 2019 at 11:59pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1.     THE PRIZE

There will be one hundred and sixty (160) prizes awarded.  Winners will receive one of the following prizes:

• One (1) of One Hundred (100) Amazon $10 eGift Card OR
  • One (1) of Fifty (50) Amazon $50 eGift Card OR
  • One (1) of Ten (10) Amazon $100 eGift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1.     THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about January 7 2020 at approx 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form via Google Forms.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to the email address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

1.     PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1.     QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1.     OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

3,870 REPLIES 3,870

awesenberg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The decorations especially the lights.  It just makes everything look so cozy.

Sylvie4

The great food and family gathering

elysia_gall

Drinking rum and egg nog cozy under a blanket and having all my presents bought, wrapped, and DONE!

Berticus65

I love the Christmas carols and music!

zakhan78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Best part of holiday seasons is party and spend time with family

mahbetty55

For me, it is being around family. This year is extra special though. We will be introducing a little one into our family. 

I will be a grandma for the first time - to a sweet little boy. 😍

ggalveza

Be with my family!! I love it

nchung05

One thing I love about the holiday season is gift giving! Since my love language is gift giving and receiving, I really, really adore the gift giving aspect in the holiday season. I love thinking about what to get other people for Secret Santa and what they would really like! I really appreciate the thought that goes into getting a gift, wrapping it, and writing a heartfelt card. That's my favourite part of the holiday! 

Redguy150

My favorite part is getting to spend time with friends and family

XT1900

Being off work and hanging out with family and friends, plus enjoying my new PM service!

sktiwana

Spending time with kids and family is a lot of fun. Happy Holidays to all!...

arneveu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My favourite part of the holidays is being able to share them with friends and family. It is a time to get nothing accomplished and just spend quality time together whatever the people or in my case typically kids want to do. This could be playing games, watching movies, cooking new food, etc. Friends and family are always welcome to join and no one should be alone. 

Daphne1

I look forward to my 2 weeks off work just to relax and celebrate the holidays!

@Smude wrote:

Snow of course, you can't have Christmas without it!

Poor Californians, Floridians, Texans, etc.  😛

Matthewkc

My favourite part of the holiday season is to go a holiday cruise and spend time and have fun with family and friends as well as celebrate Christmas and New Year together. 

SueF

Recieving gifts from Public Mobile !

dect500

VACATION, not working, playing with kids and listen to christmas songs.

azeem8

I like to spend this time with my family. We build a snowman and give (get) gifts.

Lisa6

I love the magic of the season all the joy the season brings, I love buying for my family and seeing the joy and happiness in their faces Christmas morning

reneepmcdonald

My favorite part of the holiday season is a mixture of everything. For me, it's all the little things that put me into that Christmas spirit. Piping hot chocolate while looking at all the Christmas lights, baking cookies, decorating the house, Christmas music everywhere, shopping, and most importantly, spending time with our loved ones. 

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good luck!

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is very sentimental!

avriwright

Baking Christmas cookies is my favourite!

BrandonBerner

Spending time with the entire family, sharing an abundance of wonderful food, watching the fire on the TV while listening to Christmas music, and drinking eggnog. 

lmeilleur

What I love about the holidays is when my Public Mobile account works and the free gifts, rewards I received.  I think this service has a huge change of taking over the world of cell phone plans but at times it can be frustrating.  So for the holidays I hope Santa and the elves bring a little cheer to Public Mobile and thank their employees for what they do!

sheldance

The thing I love most is the FOOD! Eggnog, cookies, mashed potatoes, stuffing - the list goes on! That, and getting paid time off work. No complaints! 

turboguy

What I love most about this season is that everyone just acts more civilized. The office is a bit slower paced so that gives me a chance to just connect with people and just thank them for helping me during the year. 

parousia52

A thing to make this holyday season more special is, as for me, always to prepare the packages of Christmas gifts for some neighbors in need. For the last seven years, I have been doing this not only for them but also for myself because it reminds me that I can still make someone happy. Smiley Very Happy

zDMANz

Spending time with friends and family

cmobile

Finally I can sleep 5 days and no need work.

Need Help? Let's chat.