cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our new Oracles @ShawnC13 + @will13am!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

With @srlawren stepping down as an Oracle, Public Mobile has been on a search to fill his big shoes. After careful consideration, incorporating Community feedback on who you thought would be a fantastic candidate, we would like to welcome @ShawnC13 and @will13am to the Oracle family. Congrats to both of you! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community.

Want to get to know our new Oracle members better? Here are some fun facts. Plus, if you carefully check out their SIM characters, you may be able to learn even more about them.  

ShawnC13

• Since joining Public Mobile, he has received over 4,000 bravos and authored over 150 accepted solutions- Impressive, indeed!
  • One of his pastimes is cycling- He has completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer, an intense 2 day cycling event where he biked 250 KM! This year marks the event’s 10th year anniversary and the team hopes to celebrate this milestone by raising $100M.
  • Want advice from ShawnC13? You may be able to bribe him with Peanut M&Ms…

ShawnC13 for Mug.png

will13am

• In the same span as receiving over 4,000 bravos, he has also promoted other Community members by giving out almost 3,000 bravos- Fantastic team recognition!
  • He describes himself as a tinkerer and likes getting his hands dirty with all things mechanical and tech- These days he’s been collecting lots of tech toys, but one thing he would like to get back into is fixing and working with old cars
  • He also wants to take up travelling. As he said, “you know, the lost decade with kids” kind of got in the way of doing that. If you have any recommendations on where to go next, I’m sure he would be all ears!

will13am for Mug.png

-Public Mobile Community team

76 REPLIES 76

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c for the record, I don't think anyone would want me standing on their shoulders, no matter how stranded somebody's kitten may be.  Oh boy, forgot about that video.  How cheesy (sorry PM marketing staff).  

Cheesy but cute. 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c for the record, I don't think anyone would want me standing on their shoulders, no matter how stranded somebody's kitten may be.  Oh boy, forgot about that video.  How cheesy (sorry PM marketing staff).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The Oracle movie Cat Wink

Michael77

@imm1304 wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

Congrats to @will13am and @ShawnC13!

Do you think PM picked them because they both have 13s in their profile names? :)Hmmmmm??? 🙂 All kidding aside, they are both great choices and well deserving!

That makes 3 out of the last 4 Oracles selected with 13 in their profile names 😉 

You're definitely upto something here 😄

Lol!

Congrats @imm1304!

imm1304

@Michael77 wrote:

Do you think PM picked them because they both have 13s in their profile names? :)Hmmmmm??? 🙂 All kidding aside, they are both great choices and well deserving!

That makes 3 out of the last 4 Oracles selected with 13 in their profile names 😉 

You're definitely upto something here 😄

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome and congrats on the promotion!

pakmode

Congratulations boys!

Well deserved!

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats 

Well deserved, provide lots of help to our community

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great choices for Oracles.

@srlawren wrote:
@Michael77@ShawnC13 pretty much everything I learned here in my early days was from @Martin (RIP, dear friend!), @Luddite, and 778errrrr I forget his username now, but he was one of the original oracles, and left in a bit of a huff a while back. All were instrumental in my early edumycayshun..... 🙂 

I also remember those days learning from them as well as from @srlawren & @imm1304 on the go. We were all in for a long run Smiley Happy

srlawren

@stonechucker time to pick a new username? St13chucker, maybe?

@Michael77 @ShawnC13 pretty much everything I learned here in my early days was from @Martin (RIP, dear friend!), @Luddite, and 778errrrr I forget his username now, but he was one of the original oracles, and left in a bit of a huff a while back. All were instrumental in my early edumycayshun..... 🙂 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Oh that’s how they did it.  I don’t have any digits in my name, so I was ruled out immediately.  😀

Yay!

SD08

@Michael77 wrote:

@Michael77

Ha, if you'd been aware of all the Oracle offers that PM sent out, you might come up with a different theory.  I could just as easily argue that anyone whose username begins with 'S' had a leg up.  Smiley Tongue

Michael77

@will13am wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

I am trying to figure out why still.  What you are saying may stick if thrown against the wall.  Let's go with that theory.  I selected the name based on my Twitter account.  What are the chances of William still being available?  I did a blend of Willie and William using 13 instead of ie.  Pretty creative, at least it's hard to think that someone else would have such a twisted mind.

13 is good number. Good choice. 🙂

Michael77

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Michael77, are you sure we are deserving or is it truly a conspiracy?!?!?  With a 77 in your name you will have awhile to wait lol.

@ShawnC13,

LOL!

It's okay. 🙂 The only way PM would make me an Oracle is if they felt bad for me. Lol

You guys have so much knowledge and experience that I really hope 77 never comes up. 🙂 I am just happy being part of the Community and learning from you guys and others. 🙂

LOL @Michael77, my knowledge and experience comes from reading here and more reading here.  Oh and not being afraid to try different things that a reset can fix Smiley LOL.   But it is true the information I put out here is mostly what have I have learned from reading through A LOT of threads here and a little research on my own.  I think maybe @srlawren might have gotten a dime for everytime I quoted or passed on his information he had already posted and that is why he was able to retire from the Oracle program and purchase that new OP5T. 

I do thank you for the kind words, and if you read something I have posted that sounds familiar DO NOT I repeat DO NOT search out any of srlawrens' posts.  I like it when people think I am smarter then I am Man Tongue

Yes @srlawren is one of the great ones. I am sure he will contunue to contribute to this community forum, just not as an Oracle.

@Michael77 wrote:

@ShawnC13,

Heaven help us if I change my screen name to Michael14. LOL 🙂

Stick with 77, 14 is not lucky.  I am not superstitious, but why take the chance.

@Michael77 wrote:

I am trying to figure out why still.  What you are saying may stick if thrown against the wall.  Let's go with that theory.  I selected the name based on my Twitter account.  What are the chances of William still being available?  I did a blend of Willie and William using 13 instead of ie.  Pretty creative, at least it's hard to think that someone else would have such a twisted mind.

@Michael77 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Michael77, are you sure we are deserving or is it truly a conspiracy?!?!?  With a 77 in your name you will have awhile to wait lol.

@ShawnC13,

LOL!

It's okay. 🙂 The only way PM would make me an Oracle is if they felt bad for me. Lol

You guys have so much knowledge and experience that I really hope 77 never comes up. 🙂 I am just happy being part of the Community and learning from you guys and others. 🙂

LOL @Michael77, my knowledge and experience comes from reading here and more reading here.  Oh and not being afraid to try different things that a reset can fix Smiley LOL.   But it is true the information I put out here is mostly what have I have learned from reading through A LOT of threads here and a little research on my own.  I think maybe @srlawren might have gotten a dime for everytime I quoted or passed on his information he had already posted and that is why he was able to retire from the Oracle program and purchase that new OP5T. 

I do thank you for the kind words, and if you read something I have posted that sounds familiar DO NOT I repeat DO NOT search out any of srlawrens' posts.  I like it when people think I am smarter then I am Man Tongue

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77

@ShawnC13,

Heaven help us if I change my screen name to Michael14. LOL 🙂

Michael77

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ShawnC13,

LOL!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77

Nsk143

Well deserve @will13am and @ShawnC13 both contribute great support to new and existing customer 

Keep up the good work.  

Congrats again guys you dererve this 🙂

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks like I am late to the party, congrats to you both @will13am @ShawnC13! As everyone mentioned, it is very well deserved!

dna2016

Congratulations to you both @will13am and @ShawnC13,

You both absolutely deserve this opportunuity and have done amazingly for the PM Community (your stats speaks for itself).  Although PM is losing one of the best in @srlawren, but we have definitely gained two superstars in his place.  I know you two will continue to be the leaders that you already are in this community forum, I thank you both in giving much of your time in helping others, and at the same time helping PM in the process.  I think people may not realize the importance of this community forum to PM's overall success as a company, and I think you both will continue to play a major role in the companies success.

Congrats once again, definitely well deserved.

Congrats 

@will13am and @ShawnC13

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@sbreakin wrote:

Congratulations @ShawnC13 & @will13am .

Both very well desrved.  Both fast with good explanation or answer and always polite/ diplomatic. 

You are too kind.  There are times that gunboat should be the prefix to diplomacy. 

@Clefort88 Keep the discussions here. Your post has been moved. 

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Weirdly proud and excited to see those lovely oracle stars following your names 😂😎 well done again 👌🏻 Very well deserved, lads! 

@ShawnC13 @will13am

8A8C0BBC-5F58-4A8F-A892-ADCE2BD47270.jpeg

Lg85

Congratulations to the both of you! =] Great choice and definitely well-deserved with your contributions to the Public Mobile Community! 

Need Help? Let's chat.