cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our new Oracles @ShawnC13 + @will13am!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

With @srlawren stepping down as an Oracle, Public Mobile has been on a search to fill his big shoes. After careful consideration, incorporating Community feedback on who you thought would be a fantastic candidate, we would like to welcome @ShawnC13 and @will13am to the Oracle family. Congrats to both of you! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community.

Want to get to know our new Oracle members better? Here are some fun facts. Plus, if you carefully check out their SIM characters, you may be able to learn even more about them.  

ShawnC13

• Since joining Public Mobile, he has received over 4,000 bravos and authored over 150 accepted solutions- Impressive, indeed!
  • One of his pastimes is cycling- He has completed the Ride to Conquer Cancer, an intense 2 day cycling event where he biked 250 KM! This year marks the event’s 10th year anniversary and the team hopes to celebrate this milestone by raising $100M.
  • Want advice from ShawnC13? You may be able to bribe him with Peanut M&Ms…

ShawnC13 for Mug.png

will13am

• In the same span as receiving over 4,000 bravos, he has also promoted other Community members by giving out almost 3,000 bravos- Fantastic team recognition!
  • He describes himself as a tinkerer and likes getting his hands dirty with all things mechanical and tech- These days he’s been collecting lots of tech toys, but one thing he would like to get back into is fixing and working with old cars
  • He also wants to take up travelling. As he said, “you know, the lost decade with kids” kind of got in the way of doing that. If you have any recommendations on where to go next, I’m sure he would be all ears!

will13am for Mug.png

-Public Mobile Community team

76 REPLIES 76

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations @ShawnC13 & @will13am .

Both very well desrved.  Both fast with good explanation or answer and always polite/ diplomatic. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratz! Well deserved!

Seems like I missed a lot while taking a break. Congrats to @ShawnC13 and @will13am. Very deserving!!

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations and welcome @ShawnC13 & @will13am to the awesome oracle team!Heart

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congrats to both of you! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community.

Well done guys! Good choice!

@SD08 wrote:

Are those skates you're wearing @ShawnC13 ?

And is that programming code on that laptop @will13am ?

Smiley Happy

Hmm...those bios have more info than I would have given in the questions I was asked:

Questions for creating your SIM character

• How would you describe yourself? How would your friends describe you?
  • What are your favourite hobbies?
  • What are your favourite pastimes?
  • What 5 things can’t you live without?
  • Do you have a favourite sport? Are you a fan of a particular team?
  • What’s your favourite treat/ candy?
  • What is your favourite colour?

Did they ask you follow-up questions to get more info?  Or maybe you guys just gave a lot more detail than I would have.  I was planning mostly one- or two-word answers, but I guess it doesn't matter now. 

No I don't do any coding.  I am just a user of code. 

Contgratulations to two of the board's most active members.  The amount of time you spend on here is appreciated by all. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@SD08, just from original answers there is pretty much everything I said in the answers in that picture.

@ShawnC13

@I was referring more to the descriptions, especially your line about the cycling event and @will13am's line about travelling and the "lost decade".

I'm glad I changed my mind, or my bio would have been embarrassingly short.  lol

Alissa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Welcome!

Wonder_why

Congratulations to ShawnC13 & will13am well deserve, get to works now Cat Happy

@SD08, just from original answers there is pretty much everything I said in the answers in that picture. For the skates I watch hockey not a solid player but have hit the ice a few times

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

Are those skates you're wearing @ShawnC13 ?

And is that programming code on that laptop @will13am ?

Smiley Happy

Hmm...those bios have more info than I would have given in the questions I was asked:

Questions for creating your SIM character

• How would you describe yourself? How would your friends describe you?
  • What are your favourite hobbies?
  • What are your favourite pastimes?
  • What 5 things can’t you live without?
  • Do you have a favourite sport? Are you a fan of a particular team?
  • What’s your favourite treat/ candy?
  • What is your favourite colour?

Did they ask you follow-up questions to get more info?  Or maybe you guys just gave a lot more detail than I would have.  I was planning mostly one- or two-word answers, but I guess it doesn't matter now. 

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

great job guys  they deserve  it  

jeffster1970

Hearty congrats to @ShawnC13 and @will13am....

I hoped they offered you cookies...

X-Files

Congrats to you both @ShawnC13  and  @will13am , Very well deserved ! Robot wink

Congratulations to you both!  Great choices indeed.

denkom

Congrats @ShawnC13 and @will13amSmiley Happy

@zhadj030wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@wetcoaster you're welcome, and right back at you!  To be honest, I have started being a bit more selective about the threads I read and respond to.  It just depends on what I have going on at any given time.

You and me both. lol . And exams are not helping with time either 

You should be done soon enough. Hopefully, PM make the holidays worthy. 

Clefort88

Oh my goodness YES!!!! 

Well done @ShawnC13 and @will13am!!!

some of my favourite people here at PM! Amazing. So happy for you! 

I know you’ll continue to do really well! 

@srlawren wrote:

@wetcoaster you're welcome, and right back at you!  To be honest, I have started being a bit more selective about the threads I read and respond to.  It just depends on what I have going on at any given time.

You and me both. lol . And exams are not helping with time either 

srlawren

@wetcoaster wrote:

@srlawren

Good to hear! From what I can tell you are still participating on the oracle level - the only thing that has changed recently is that you don't have the title anymore. 😉

Thank you for all your work here!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

alanbrenan

The first few faces that welcomed me into this community and rock-on individuals! Having only been here a week I already saw this coming and I am happy it did! I believe these two community members becoming Oracles will definitely serve their very notable contributions and help to reinforce the helpful nature of this community that I brag about to friends' with different carriers.

A big bravo zulu from me, @ShawnC13 and @will13am.

shartomjam
Congrats to both of you. A small reward for all your hard work.

@srlawren

Good to hear! From what I can tell you are still participating on the oracle level - the only thing that has changed recently is that you don't have the title anymore. 😉

Thank you for all your work here!

srlawren

@wetcoaster I hadn't even really thought about that.  I just signed in and if I'm reading my account right, I think I did.  I'll enjoy it for the last time!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@SD08 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Maybe we should be commiserating?  You don't know the trouble I seen! Robot surprised

Still, effort and knowledge well recognized. 👍 👍

Haha.  Let them enjoy the moment before the work begins.  Smiley Tongue

Speaking of which...where are the Oracle stars and nametags next to their usernames?

On the same note but reversed: Since @srlawren's status was taken away immediatly after the announcement I hope he still get's his full November reward as an oracle.

SD08

@Luddite wrote:

Maybe we should be commiserating?  You don't know the trouble I seen! Robot surprised

Haha.  Let them enjoy the moment before the work begins.  Smiley Tongue

Speaking of which...where are the Oracle stars and nametags next to their usernames?

srlawren

Welcome @will13am and @ShawnC13🙂  I'm thrilled to see you guys join the oracle team!  Very well earned, indeed.

@Luddite wrote:

Are you going to tell us the obvious that the reward is not commensurate with the role? 

Need Help? Let's chat.