Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

216 REPLIES 216

Deva
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Welcome to all 😚😚

mjrob

That worked for me when setting up my new account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

I couldn't agree with you more. But like @dust2dust I put up with a lot of unacceptable crap with pm because of my $0 bills. Sadly you would think telus would care more about the IT used with pm when it sells their IT as world class to businesses globally but they do not care enough about how horribly it functions at pm to invest even one penny into improving it. Corporate greed at its finest!!

@messenabout- You won't get any argument here from people. The caching is atrocious. It has been this long and still not fixed. It would seem to me that the company could not care any less. You need to decide what works best for you. I have free service. I can live with some foibles.

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow 

You know what? There's tricks for this, tricks for that. But who's to say the information is any more correct than what is on the my account page to begin with? Why do we have to do all this?  Why can I not just go to my account and see my account? It is absolutely ridiculous! I'm tired of wasting so much time on this website trying to figure sh*t out. My first two and a half years here I never even had to bother with anything. It all just ran smooth all by itself. Now I'm here every couple weeks dealing with problems created by PM. I DON'T THINK IT'S TOO MUCH TO ASK TO HAVE THE INFORMATION CORRECT.

(Cut and Paste doesn't even work so I'm not going to bother changing that last sentence. It was not meant to be all in caps.)

Hi @messenabout for that problem,  try using Private/Incognito/secret  browser mode to login.   You should then see the correct plan

messenabout

@zhengbe2 

Is it?

messenabout

@hTideGnow 

There's nothing on my account page that actually reflects anything at all about my account. It doesn't even show the right plan! I'm fed up. I really don't think it's too much to ask for it to be right.

And needing to know that so-called trick to figuring out your usage history is not a fix at all and it is simply not acceptable.

messenabout

@J_PM

It's all well and fine to have a new look for The Community however the problems with the new & improved MyAccount page, imo, should take priority. Will it ever be fixed? 

PS I hope the new & improved Community actually IS new and improved.

(The old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.)

Hi @messenabout the My Account is definitely new, not sure if "improved " 🙂

messenabout

It's all well and fine to have a new look for The Community.

The problems with the new & improved MyAccount page, imo, should take priority. 

Will it ever be fixed? 

zhengbe2

It is very helpful.

Coverhiro

@J_PM 

Thank you for sharing these new exciting details. I am looking forward to it.

Matt13

Thanks! Great to know, Matt 

Matt13

Everything is working great here

Matt13

I really like this new platform as well it is helping me with learning new things! Hope you’re doing well, Matt 

HXCHEN

How can I get the points by contributing to the community?

Crdnwb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

nice!

Public506

This is a good primer for those who are new to this business. Straight forward and simple. 

afterglow007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great information, thank you! It's a pleasure being a part of the Public mobile community 

lovelyrachel

What Nezgar says next.

You will see statistics for

Total Page Views
Total Messages Read
Topics Started
Replies
Blog Articles Posted
Blog Comments Posted
Ideas Posted
Idea Comments Posted
Contest Entries Posted
Contest Comments Posted
Reviews Posted
Review Comments Posted
Bravos Given
Total Board Views
Total Signins

@hTideGnowClick your avatar/icon in the top right of the site, then click "My Profile".

On that page, scroll down to the bottom for all your personal statistics...

Hi @lovelyrachel what statistics??

lovelyrachel

Is this a blog post? My statistics say there are also blog posts to read

_markymark

Let's go

hughdyment9

Agreed! I am a new community member and I must say, I find the new layout much easier to use! It’s simpler and more convenient to use on a small screen. With the old layout, I had to use a laptop to view my usage because everything was so small. It’s so much easier. While it may take a bit to get used to, I think it’s a great step that Public Mobile made!!

bluejaywpg

OK not being able to search is not at all good. One of many whole points of the internet when it comes to text & forums is to be able to search for precisely what you want through yottabytes upon yottabytes of data. And the PM forum is just a nanofraction of the entire internet so they should be able to restore / fix that.

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

Lol....the lounge sucks a lemon now!

Agreed! But I say this whole forum now sucks.... I mostly gave up on it as a result. Sad!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

Lol....the lounge sucks a lemon now! It's filled with pm related post markers from being moved out of the lounge because so many pm related posts get moved in there you can't tell the difference between the two forums. Somewhere along the way we lost the ability to search for threads in the lounge and unlike before when active threads would remain on the first or second page cycling to the top when a new post was added to a thread now they just get buried deeper and deeper into the abyss.....never to see the light of day again. I used to update my threads at least once a week. I can't be bothered to scroll thru a hundred or more pages looking for my threads.

Need Help? Let's chat.