Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

216 REPLIES 216

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only now I realized that the forums have been reduced & simplified to just 3 topics, with 2 to choose from for posting new things (1 for real-world issues using PM, 1 for everything else). I suppose that's a good thing, as many would not understand which topic to use, & hopefully that reduces the moving of posts. Also, I hope that "The Lounge" is no longer seen & treated as somewhat of a "backwater" forum for the occasional miscellaneous posts.

lllb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do not like the new bells and whistles, not an improvement just more cumbersome and confusing

Charlie_Edgar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah it works well for me on my phone and laptop!

dyardeni

Thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

I don't consider it an improvement when you fix one problem but create several more problems in the process. It doesn't matter how much💄you put on a 🐖💋🐽 its still a 🐖!

@hTideGnow- There is no other hand. Time and time again they roll out a bug-riddled system that seems to have not been tested and just throw it out to the customers in real time with real money and real service downtimes. That is not how to roll out systems. It's laughingly appalling.

Greg_R844

That's my hope and the reason for my original comment. Just a couple of bullet points that I hope they add to their list of broken features that need to be addressed. 

HI @Greg_R844   Yes, I agree.  But on the other hand, we see them start fixing many of the problem on the site.  Let's hope the usage page will be fixed soon

Greg_R844

Thanks, but I don't want a specific date, I want a specific transaction type for a date range. I've lived without it for this many years, I'll just hope they actually figure out it's a problem as some point. As an IT/Systems professional for over 30 years.. if I pushed out updates that were broken like this, I wouldn't have made it to over 30 years!  😉

HI @Greg_R844 

Until the issue is fixed, there is a trick to make the filter work

when the filter is 90 days, ALL usage type, you click Next or jump pages , keep doing until it shows the day you want or 90 day (again, this is with ALL type)

Then once you  hit the date you want or once 90 days is there, you filter back to the usage type you want, for example Talk, and you will see the Talk really showing 90 days or showing up to where you stopped earlier when it was all Usage type

Greg_R844

Yes, I clicked the filter and tried all of the different date selections including custom for the start day of my plan until the current day for talk type transactions. All of the selections returned the same result, I just gave the 15 days as an example so that I could point out that the download has all of the transactions I was expecting to see. I have been wishing for a way to filter by data, text, talk etc. since I joined Public so it's going to be a welcome addition when they get it working.  🙂

HI @Greg_R844 

did you click the filter, change to what you want and apply filters?  

hTideGnow_0-1657910792839.png

For me, if i change the Usage type to ALL , it works

but if i change to specific one , it only gives me 3 weeks or 4 week evenI picked 90 days

Greg_R844

May have already been mentioned but I'm not reading through the huge amount of replies.. Talk usage filter isn't working correctly, I'm only seeing one page of transactions for 15 days filter but using the download link I can see the missing ones.  Also, showing the 100% consumed free one time give-away information under the Add-on usage is just not necessary in my opinion. 

fatfrog

thanks!

@fatfrog    Clear your browser cache/cookies and use incognito/privacy mode or even another browser before retrying to submit a ticket or private message.  Unfortunately, there's been more than the normal glitches since PM updated their self serve account yesterday, so you might need to be patient.

Here's the links to both (if you need them):  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@fatfrog  Give it one more chance, this time will work.  Use this link to direct message PM Support:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

fatfrog

WHAT A NIGHTMARE !

no matter how many times i try to get help or submit a ticket, i just go in a loop, i can't submit a ticket and i am directed to send a private message and when i go to send a private message i am directed to back to my account page I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WORKS ... i have not received credit for autopay or loyalty

can someone help ?

how can i contact support ? i just go in an endless loop and trying for half and hour or more !

@Vlad27 

did you try to use the Password reset link

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password

You can have the security code send to your phone or your email

If you still unable to reset it that way, open ticket with PM Support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Vlad27

Hello J_PM, i must top up my account today or  it will be deleted, but the web address changed and i cannot log into my account anymore !!!

416xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx

Thanks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pfuentesn 

You will need access to your email in order to log into your self serve account.

@pfuentesn   Autopay could fail occasionally

Login to My Account, confirm if the status is Suspended

If so, try to make a manual payment and see if it works. 

pfuentesn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please can you tell me what happened with public mobile web site? I received today  2022-07-13 a message in my pnone that my payment is insufficient funds in my account to renew my plan but I did set up my autopayment since 2016 and, believe me,  my card has enough money to pay it. So I went to my public mobile account and the info of my autopayment is not there (shows like I never did it) and also all my rewards disappeared and it charging me the ammount of the plan without my rewards. What is going on with PB??

jhol

It looks great! Thank you for the update! 😊

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

This freaking new community is so stupid that when you update your previously tagged posts with current information to ensure customers get the correct info it automatically removes the tag from the post. I finally figured out why my tagged posts were disappearing when I updated my US Roaming post to include the warning from pm that their voice services will soon be useless because of the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US by your roaming partners. Not only that my whole new post disappeared into thin air and I have no hope of finding my old post if it even exists. This new community forum SUCKS!! It is unbelievably in user friendly. I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!

Now I am posting my info here so I can find it in the only board you can tag anything in!!!

Info on US Roaming....

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

Please note currently due to the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US by pm's roaming partners at&t has already begun this process but as of March 3rd 2022 still has some areas that are still served by the 3G network. T-Mobile has an end date of July 1st 2022. This will affect the ability of pm customers to send and receive voice calls and emergency service such as 911 while in the US and using pm's US roaming add ons. The current work around is to download a voip app such as textnow or fongo for use while on wifi or mobile data for voice calls when in areas no longer served by the 3G network which will eventually include all areas served by at&t and T-Mobile.

Edit: Updated July 2022...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

To contact customer support click below:

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@softech wrote:

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
- add-ons are around 33% cheaper

How do you see that?

jib_tech

The new community looks better on my phone so I like that but it's much harder to look for posts that used to be in one category are now jumbled all together. Back to roaming around lost?!!

@chainsawcowboy wrote:

@softech 

Bravo leaderboard is back?

@chainsawcowboy   

Yes it is 

Get Support leader board:

Bravos Leaderboard - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Total (for all board)
Bravos Leaderboard - Community (publicmobile.ca)

chainsawcowboy

@Jb456 

Thanks for all the notations they are making this a lot easier to understand.

Need Help? Let's chat.