Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

216 REPLIES 216

@pm-smayer97 

Or in other words you are missing everything!

@pm-smayer97      No you're not missing anything...just an awful mess IMO!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pm-smayer97 

For instance, clicking on the label "Community" in your post above takes me to see all other threads tagged with that label.

There is a pull down menu for Recent topics/Recent replies/Most Viewed/Most commented.. but not very useful

I just talking about I cannot even find a new Announcement posted 20 mins ago

0PX9O4

@pm-smayer97 

Labels or "tags" are still present, as are the three forums: Get Support, Lounge, and Announcements.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

So there are no more groupings of posts? The only way to find anything is to search? No more browsing categories of posts? No more identifying categories with new posts? Is everything essentially lumped together, save for the 3 or so "categories", Announcements, Support, Lounge?

What am I missing?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl wrote:

@darlicious @hTideGnow  And there should be one more tool besides quote added into the toolbar, the strikethrough tool if they don't want to give us the ability to delete our post.  Now for anyone who wants to strike out their texts, they can't fix it in their cell and have to wait to get to a desktop to do it. 🙂

Oh, you are saying mobile site version does not have strikeout???

That inconsistency is really troublesome; two teams - desktop and mobile are not talking to each other.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious @hTideGnow  And there should be one more tool besides quote added into the toolbar, the strikethrough tool if they don't want to give us the ability to delete our post.  Now for anyone who wants to strike out their texts, they can't fix it in their cell and have to wait to get to a desktop to do it. 🙂

Zyl

@Yummy  I find participating on the forum over the phone to be quite convenient especially when you just want to do something to kill time but you are not at your desk.  When you have xl cellphone screen, it's not too bad.  But the edit reply box size is just too small even for desktops.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Zyi

Totally agree the edit reply box is too small.  We can at least enlarge it on Desktop browser, but no such option when using it on the phone

Frankly speaking, I cannot imagine somebody to get involved in Community through mobile phone. For me, screen is way to small, software keyboard not that accurate, etc.

Maybe younger generation born with cell phone as additional body part can handle it but I still prefer real keyboard, big(er) screen and mouse.

HI @darlicious   

Really?  Why they remove it?  Everyone was asking for it

I thought it was limitation because I was thinking of the quote  " button with the other button on the toolbar, the toolbar space is smaller and hence I thought that way.  Never aware they can have an actual Quote Button there. 

Bring it back!!! 

thanks @darlicious 

@hTideGnow 

There used to be a big ol quote button for everyone. They got rid got rid of it in March or April of 2020.

Screenshot_20200204-221546.png

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @Zyi

Totally agree the edit reply box is too small.  We can at least enlarge it on Desktop browser, but no such option when using it on the phone

The quote tool on the cellphone is one of the most asked feature.  It was a problem from the old one.  But I think it likely a limitation with the software they use.

@Zyl 

Yes I am not too happy with my hybrid leaning more towards the inabilities given to mobile users.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Zyl

@Yummy  I will try to see if I can make the edit reply box bigger for at least desktop.  But I still like how it was before that it was the same size as the original text box and not smaller just because you are editing the reply

Zyl

@darlicious  yup it's best to use desktop to post on here and even with that, the small edit reply box is challenging at times.

@Zyl 

Great suggestions! We had great hope the quote button would return with the community make over but alas pm has made the forum more difficult to use rather than easier. I can't imagine having to use it on my phone for any length of time. The tablet is troublesome enough.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

1. >>> - Make the edit reply box bigger

You can do that your yourself grabbing bottom right corner and dragging it down. It can go indefinitely as you scroll main screen.

Yummy_0-1642692394550.png

2, >>> -Include a function to delete a reply

Idea is good but that will lead to 'abuse' by some members. They will post reply, few people will correct or negatively comment it and OP will delete it and conversation track will be lost. You would see few 'funny' replies not knowing what they reply to.

Decent solution is just to admit your mistake, cross the wording and either correct your reply or leave as is. (crossed).

Zyl

So far the new community forum is working out well but I was wondering if I can make the following suggestions, would be great if they can be adopted.  These suggestions pertain more to using the forum with a cellphone.  Since public mobile is making the forum to be more cellphone-friendly, I thought I chime in with my 2 cents.  Thanks in advance.

- Make the edit reply box bigger.  We used to have the full text box displaying the full texts for us to edit, now we only get a tiny text box that just displays a few lines for us to work with.  It's especially hard to work with when you are using cellphones.  I mean if we are already submitting replies to help others so they won't bother CS_Agent, we might as well get the original text box for us to edit the reply to make them better.

-Include a function to delete a reply in case when you realize you've given a wrong answer or to the wrong question.  Would make the thread neater and less confusing for all.

-Include the quote tool on the toolbar when posting replies using a cellphone.  When using the cellphone to post replies, you don't get the full toolbar, that's understandable but the quote tool should be on the toolbar imo.

-Remove the chat icon when posting to the forum.  The text box for writing/editing the reply/question is small as it is.  With the chat icon there obscuring everything, it's a bit hard to see what you type when you're using a cellphone.  When using a desktop, you don't see the chat icon at all when posting, if it could be made the same for cellphone, that would be great.

Thanks

As much as we scream, I have been asking:  Is PM still going to tweak it based on our feedback?  Or too late, they sent the developers home already?    Of course, I would like to see tweaks, but if they are not going to , then we can save our comment for the next major update (3 years later????) 

@sunflowershine wrote:

The new platform is not that user friendly.

That's an understatement.  Yes, there are good aspects, but I feel that these changes had the exact opposite of the desired effects. 

sunflowershine

The new platform is not that user friendly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's this display option at the top of the new list and the new lounge:

Sorted by will sort by the topic most recently made or the topic with the most recent reply in it.

z10user4_0-1642490756896.png

Or there's this in a thread to sort the list from oldest to newest or newest to oldest.

z10user4_1-1642490943887.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

In your profile>>my settings>>my preferences>>I believe it's linear layout if I remember correctly.

Zyl

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Zyl wrote:

@softech wrote:

Thanks @J_PM ..still testing it out.. the way it shows replies now is confusing. 

used to be the last replies always last..  now.. if there are 5 replies.. and if I replies on the 2nd reply (I am the 6th reply), it will jammed after the 2nd reply.. so the order is 1 , 2 , 6 , 3, 4, 5..  not sure if it is good

update.. ok.. maybe not..look good now.. maybe just a hiccup or a refresh is needed..thanks

Oh no, the Community forum threads are now grouped by conversation!!  I absolutely detest conversation views!!  I turn it off in both my gmail and Yahoo! mail and I absolutely hated it in Facebook Groups.  Can't believe I am still stuck on it on a forum.   😞  The concept sounds great on paper in that it sounds more organized and it makes more sense intuitively but it's extremely impractical in real life.  First, this is going to be so inefficient in finding replies.  Honestly it would've been so much more straightforward to just have all the replies shown chronologically.  Who cares which replies are pertaining to which previous replies?  We are not filing replies here.  We just want to see what's the most recent updates on a thread.  Now we would have to go through every single original reply and expand it to see all of the new replies.

Second, you lose the flow of the conversation.  When you are checking the new replies, you won't know which ones came first because you won't be able to keep track of them after checking them in every single originating reply and replies are going to be lost as people won't see them and you won't get Bravo's or Solutioned if Bravo'es you receive is actually counted in the calculation of Community Reward.       

There are settings to change that.  Replies can be be changed to show chronoligically.  For the reply showing after the replied message, refresh the page and it goes back to normal.

Can you show me where I can change that setting please to return the replies view to chronological instead of this conversation view? 

Thank you 

@cellphoneuser1    Yes, but it always defaults back to Recent Topics after reading any thread (at least for me).  It's not practical for customers asking questions or users trying to offer suggestions. 

I hope PM is considering some tweaks/changes to make it more user friendly soon!

yup.. I found out after that.  Just a refresh and things go back the correct order again

@Zyl wrote:

@softech wrote:

Thanks @J_PM ..still testing it out.. the way it shows replies now is confusing. 

used to be the last replies always last..  now.. if there are 5 replies.. and if I replies on the 2nd reply (I am the 6th reply), it will jammed after the 2nd reply.. so the order is 1 , 2 , 6 , 3, 4, 5..  not sure if it is good

update.. ok.. maybe not..look good now.. maybe just a hiccup or a refresh is needed..thanks

Oh no, the Community forum threads are now grouped by conversation!!  I absolutely detest conversation views!!  I turn it off in both my gmail and Yahoo! mail and I absolutely hated it in Facebook Groups.  Can't believe I am still stuck on it on a forum.   😞  The concept sounds great on paper in that it sounds more organized and it makes more sense intuitively but it's extremely impractical in real life.  First, this is going to be so inefficient in finding replies.  Honestly it would've been so much more straightforward to just have all the replies shown chronologically.  Who cares which replies are pertaining to which previous replies?  We are not filing replies here.  We just want to see what's the most recent updates on a thread.  Now we would have to go through every single original reply and expand it to see all of the new replies.

Second, you lose the flow of the conversation.  When you are checking the new replies, you won't know which ones came first because you won't be able to keep track of them after checking them in every single originating reply and replies are going to be lost as people won't see them and you won't get Bravo's or Solutioned if Bravo'es you receive is actually counted in the calculation of Community Reward.       

There are settings to change that.  Replies can be be changed to show chronoligically.  For the reply showing after the replied message, refresh the page and it goes back to normal.

Zyl

@softech wrote:

@darlicious 

yeah it's pretty awesome that option pops up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.