Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

216 REPLIES 216

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  and this below. Every time I go to the main community page to kinda try and attempt to see if their are new posts. This is what I see first on my phone. A whole screen of just wasted space (IMO).

Was much better a little line and then announcement, solved, latest posts showed right away or just a little scroll down.

Screenshot_20220105-024813_Chrome.jpg

@darlicious  No idea where you found that user directory but that's cool.

I was just looking for it and came across something else lol. It's more steps to delete drafts now. Before you could just go to your profile, scroll down and it would show all your drafts. Then you had a little x to delete them. Now it is same process but you can't delete them. You have to click on the link which brings you back to the whole post you were writing then you have to click the cancel button for it to be deleted. Extra time consuming work and likely lots of data if someone is answering questions using their data. LoL. (Well obviously not lots of data but if someone had a bunch of drafts and didn't want to wait for WiFi and started to delete them it would take up some data as you actually have to go back to that post and not the old simple way of clicking the X to delete.

Did you notice this by chance?

@Jb456 

On the bright side they finally installed a user directory!

Here I go turn my tablet then hit the camera icon otherwise it lets me do all the steps but won't upload the photo.....btw...Jade gave me a bday present of increasing the photo library limit to 2500 images but I have a feeling I'm going to hit that limit pretty darn soon!

Screenshot_20220104-232244.png

@Jb456 

Yes not seeing the time of a post without opening it is a major pain...no quick reference. Same with endless scroll of posts in your profile. And why separate posts and replies? Too many extra steps for basic information.

@darlicious  If you recall when the quote button first went away (years ago). Some people (including yourself) were able to still get the quote button depending on the size of your tablet by rotating it. If you still have that option after this last update that is great for you. I can't get to it via a phone. Maybe some can depending on what phone but I have tried on a Huawei P30, Samsung Galaxy 21 Ultra and an friends iPhone 12. With multiple different browsers. Basically the same results as when the quote button disappeared years ago.

Here is an older thread of mine from Nov 30 , 2020. Letting PM know that on Khoros site they mention that in editor version 2 for mobile you can customize the toolbar on which icons you want to display.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Quote-Button-Mobile-users-Before-2021-pleas...

Which Catherine responded saying she would give the information to her team 🙄.

Prior to that. I can't find the threads at the moment. There was another thread with David J. Saying he would look into immediately and get it fixed for us. And prior to that thread when quote first disappeared there were a few threads with PM representatives saying they would look into it and resolve the issue.

Now it's 2022 with yet another Khoros update and still no resolution lol.

On another note. I just noticed that there is a delay between getting notifications from Mobile to the PC. I was logged in the whole time on phone and never received notification from your tag/post until 2:10 est after refreshing multiple times. But at same time I was logged in on PC looking at their HTML code and I received your notifications (I would say probably instantly) as  the time stamps for yours are 2:02 and I just so happened to change page at like 2:03 and noticed I had 4 new notifications. There were two others from 1:40 and 1:51  est. But I never received them either on my phone until I keep refreshing the page. Then they all came in at once at 2:10. With their normal time stamps.

Ugg frustrating to say the least lol

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

New layout looks good. 

@Jb456 

There are a lot of extra steps now to do things that were easily accessible before. I get a hybrid version of the site with some nonexistent features like the expanded toolbar or the ability to upload photos but if I put my tablet horizontally then I can upload photos or quote. Whereas before I could upload photos either way but could only quote when horizontal.

Here's a new one when I just tried to reply in another thread....I got this message and I couldn't post my reply.

Screenshot_20220104-222333.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Few other things 

• Does not show online status. Yes I know people can turn that off (but new people that signup asking questions rarely know this). It was helpful when answering a question to click their name and check to see if they were still online or logged off. 
  • If you want to add a hyperlink to a post. The pop up colors should be changed. To much transparency in the popup. Change how it looks please.
  • Screenshot_20220104-231856_Chrome.jpg

  

• Along with one of my other posts about editing. The same with replying to a thread (mobile). It used to be like the whole page you could type. Now it's a little tiny box where you could write like 4 lines.  For mobile that is. Make it bigger please like how it used to be. Screenshot_20220104-232543_Chrome.jpg

On Computer you can pull the bottom right corner to make the section bigger where you're typing (Like picture below) but that is not possible on mobile and we're stuck with this little tiny box to type.

Screenshot_20220104-235051_Chrome.jpg

• 3 bars on left. Show 4 things community, get support, announcements and the lounge. (On mobile). Old version had my account somewhere if it was under Badge or the 3 bars don't remember. Anyways yes you can scroll all the way to the bottom for my account (which was there in past) or now you can click Public Mobile at the top with additional steps to get to my account. Anyways could you not just add it the the 3 bar drop down? Maybe a few other links to for the convince. Old version things seems much more simpler. Within seconds you could have a response to a question a picture of something in your account giving an example and links. Now it just seems so compressed and what info was easily obtained in the past is much harder now. Not to mention no friggin idea who responded to a post and at what time without having to click into the post and reading. Also having everything combined. You now have to scroll and scroll to find a thread that you wrote in. Not so bad on slow days (nights , etc ) but I can see that being a real big pain when lots of threads are being created in a short amount of time (example holiday gifts) and you have to scroll and click multiple things to find old threads, might miss a few since the notifications don't pop up or are delayed. Reading through these pages on this post I guess some in the Know (Oracle's) had the privilege of testing all this stuff out before it went live. Will have to give these testers an almost failing grade of a D cause there's a few things missed. Not @computergeek541  however. What he wrote and how he feels about this "New upgrade" is pretty spot on!

Im sure I'll be posting again when I notice more things. Hopefully some of them can be corrected in the next few days while you implement this so called improved forums.

EDIT - Here's another one. The old forums if you hit reply on first page and made a post. After the post is entered system would bring you to the last page with your post and you could just scroll up and see if any new posts were made while you were typing. Now it doesn't, it posts (you can read your own post) but you're still on first page. Just another step having to scroll to click page 6 , 7 or whatever. Then scrolling down to your post which now displays last then scrolling up to see if any new posts were made. All this extra work (although only a second or two) over time adds up to alot of work lol

EDIT2- Pictures are missing. The area where you could delete pictures you uploaded.

fdrcamb519

So far so good with the new layout, a lot to learn, but worth in the long run, thank you 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I didn't come for a day and it looks quiet different !  But look great, just still learning my way around 

thanks @J_PM 

@softech  Oh I understand what you mean. Can't say that has happened to me in past. Only a few times when server was running slow I'd get pop ups from an old thread. Nothing new on it, as already looked at or responded in the thread manually but just the pop up would come in as if it was a new reply yet there are 10 replies after that. That was just if server was running slow but not like you getting the original popup notification than an hour later the same one. Pm weirdness lol.

Nope lol, In cold Canada now, did go to Florida for a few days over the holidays. And I must say Mighty Text  the android app works great. Leave PM phone at home in Canada plugged in and you can do all your calling/texting through the Mighty Text website on another phone. 

@J_PM wrote:

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

Personally, I hate it. I find the layout much too cluttered although I'm sure that's the opposite of the desired effect *(example: forcing customers to scroll through multiple posts previews when all this is wanted is a list of threads).  Important and useful informaiton has been removed in favor of cosmetics. When going through a thread, I don't want to see the first post at the top of every single page.  I just want to see the first post of that page.  This is also going to cause people to post more repetitive answers because members will simply click reply and not look at the rest of the thread or think that the thread is newer with less reponses than it already has.  I also believe that the this redesign unitended consequences of customers getting their quetsions answered less quickly.   I know that this might be currently being worked on, but who's going to open random threads without knowing that there's something new in it?  Also, as soon as you open a thread, the entire thread essential gets marked as read (when it hasn't been), and there's no way to resume reading the thread or to find out were you've left off.

I'm being picky with some of my comments, but having no way of knowing if there are new messages in any particular thread is big.  It makes the entire site unusable.  I hope that Public Mobile can find as fix for that.  The rest of the stuff can be gotten used to, but not this main mentioned main aspect/complaint that I hvae about this new Commnity site.

BearFBI

Funny story, I was actually looking for a topic on the PM forum. I was using google and clicked on a reddit post, thought for a sec that it was the community re design and I said "man this looks a lot like reddit" only to realize it was actually reddit like 1 minute later. lol 

@Jb456 wrote:

@softech  Depends what you mean by it would happen on old posts. If it popped up because someone replied to an old post that you wrote or bravoed one of your posts on an old thread that is how it worked in past. 

No , it just pop up from and older notification.  . like it is a supposed to be "new notification" from an hour ago... and it did pop up like an hour ago once and it pop up again.. (no new update to that post.. and in fact.. the notification page did show no new update to anything)

yes, I agree it is an useful feature.  seems like it is not working now.  Interestingly, your My Settings still have all those pop up settings ... just the pop up failed to work

So, you are still down in the States now lying beside the beach enjoying the warm sunshine?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Another inconvenience. When you edit a post now it's a tiny little box that you have to scroll through to see what you typed. Before it used to be like the whole page displayed so it was easier to read what you wrote and add a letter like (on should have been one)... Difficult now on huge posts to edit...

@softech  Depends what you mean by it would happen on old posts. If it popped up because someone replied to an old post that you wrote or bravoed one of your posts on an old thread that is how it worked in past. 

I don't know how it looks using a computer I've always posted on a phone. The popups , for me at least we're helpful (If I was on, like past, answering lots of questions). I could have answered one on English forum then moved over to French. While responding to the French question I would see a popup from the English one so I would know to go back to that one after I am done with the French one. Or if multiple threads were going and one was more important than others I could click back into that thread right away and let wtv else I was writing go into drafts to get back to later. Or if someone tagged me in a certain thread.

Anyways was very useful, for me at least, in multiple ways. I think now we no longer get those popups, could be wrong just logged in but I didn't receive any pop ups for your response, nor the other thread I answered a question on. And now that the main page is all combined it makes it awfully akward (or difficult I should say) going back and trying to find those posts. Where it used to be as simple as refreshing the main page and everything you needed (wanted) to see was right there.

@Jb456 wrote:
  • Still no quote button or even option on mobile devices. Tried 3 different phones with multiple browsers. Only been 3 years now 🙄🙄 even after David J, Catherine & multiple others have said they will fix it.

Would be on the most needed feature now..

• Kind of annoying that the original post from author shows on every single page of the thread.

I kind of half like and half dislike of that.  Good that you can easily refer back.. Bad that I am still reading it now for couple lines before I found out.. Ooops..    I think if it is there on the top, it should have colour it a bit different  to make it different form other replies

• Background for typing should be changed to white rather then matching everything else.

Agree 100%!!! 101%

• Not sure if we still get pop-ups on when people reply to a thread or bravo or tag you but hope that is still there as it was useful to click into a thread. 

This is handy, but it has been a problem for me lately.  While the new one always pop up.. sometimes out of nowhere, some older posts pop out as new notification,too.. Was that only me or happened  to others too?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire
  • Still no quote button or even option on mobile devices. Tried 3 different phones with multiple browsers. Only been 3 years now 🙄🙄 even after David J, Catherine & multiple others have said they will fix it.
  • Kind of annoying that the original post from author shows on every single page of the thread.
  • Forums no longer shower the last person that replied and the time. On main page before clicking into a thread.
  • Nothing really exciting of this Khoros update. More of an inconvenience. Layout is blah. All garbled together now. No more last topic started. Just everything combined. 
  • Background for typing should be changed to white rather then matching everything else.
  • On mobile big rectangle box saying "Recent Notifications" and shows last one or you can click view all. Just a waste of space. The little bell is there to see notifications like in past.
  • Not sure if we still get pop-ups on when people reply to a thread or bravo or tag you but hope that is still there as it was useful to click into a thread. 

@softech wrote:

Is there no more Latest Solutions?  We used to be able to find out the Accepted solutions for the last day or more.. Can we still do that?

Found!!!  It's on the side of Announcement.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@srlawren 

What bar on the left are you referring to?

@darlicious the light grey lines seen in the blue boxes here, which give you a visual indication of the threading by indentation (similar to how it works on say Reddit):

srlawren_0-1641340470395.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is there no more Latest Solutions?  We used to be able to find out the Accepted solutions for the last day or more.. Can we still do that?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@softech, that is easily attainable (well kind of).  Once you are in the Leaderboard, if you click on last 24 hours you are able to see stats for that period or 7 days, and if you notice people making HUGE jumps that is when you would look at their profile and can see who has been bravoing their posts.

True.. need to work the math backward lol.. 

The notifications bell is back! Yay!

@softech, that is easily attainable (well kind of).  Once you are in the Leaderboard, if you click on last 24 hours you are able to see stats for that period or 7 days, and if you notice people making HUGE jumps that is when you would look at their profile and can see who has been bravoing their posts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I like the "Top Bravoed Authors" board is back.

Would be a great way to keep track of each other.. no more "interesting" bravos.. hopefully.

Would be nice to have a Top Bravo Author as well.. so we need who gave out 500 bravos suddenly

@darlicious , Ok.. Copy and Paste image work.. does it work for you now?

Image: 

softech_1-1641337404320.png

@srlawren wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

5 minutes in...... I don't like that the box when composing a message isn't a white background.. it's really hard to separate from the site background... The grey line next to quoted text is almost invisible with this colour scheme too.

@Nezgar agreed 100%, composing is not a great experience due to the lack of contrast--doubly so for quoted text, where the bar on the left is barely visible.

On the bright side, I LOVE that the reply is now inline!!!  No more taking you away from the full thread context when replying.  (I was forever having to use the little link that opened up a new tab with the full thread, in order to refer to things.)

@srlawren 

Weird your username didn't come up when replying to your post. What bar on the left are you referring to?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wish I could say I love the new look but I find it too cluttered and more of a nightmare to navigate, the added new features are nice though, and having to tag posts does mitigate vague support threads. 

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a test for testing sakes.

Did I miss an option to quote (on mobile)?

*Edit for edit sakes.  Is there a time limit?

Delete would have been a nice option.

The aesthetic is a nice change.

Now announcements don't show up in discussions so you have to go to notifications to see if anyone replied to this thread which is turning into a help thread for the new community...which isn't a lot of help when it doesn't pop up in the latest discussions thread. Mind you I do like that lounge discussions now pop up so it's less abysmal.

Need Help? Let's chat.