Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our New Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Happy New Year Community, 

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

199 REPLIES 199

Jb456
Mayor / Maire
  • Still no quote button or even option on mobile devices. Tried 3 different phones with multiple browsers. Only been 3 years now 🙄🙄 even after David J, Catherine & multiple others have said they will fix it.
  • Kind of annoying that the original post from author shows on every single page of the thread.
  • Forums no longer shower the last person that replied and the time. On main page before clicking into a thread.
  • Nothing really exciting of this Khoros update. More of an inconvenience. Layout is blah. All garbled together now. No more last topic started. Just everything combined. 
  • Background for typing should be changed to white rather then matching everything else.
  • On mobile big rectangle box saying "Recent Notifications" and shows last one or you can click view all. Just a waste of space. The little bell is there to see notifications like in past.
  • Not sure if we still get pop-ups on when people reply to a thread or bravo or tag you but hope that is still there as it was useful to click into a thread. 

@softech wrote:

Is there no more Latest Solutions?  We used to be able to find out the Accepted solutions for the last day or more.. Can we still do that?

Found!!!  It's on the side of Announcement.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@srlawren 

What bar on the left are you referring to?

@darlicious the light grey lines seen in the blue boxes here, which give you a visual indication of the threading by indentation (similar to how it works on say Reddit):

srlawren_0-1641340470395.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is there no more Latest Solutions?  We used to be able to find out the Accepted solutions for the last day or more.. Can we still do that?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@softech, that is easily attainable (well kind of).  Once you are in the Leaderboard, if you click on last 24 hours you are able to see stats for that period or 7 days, and if you notice people making HUGE jumps that is when you would look at their profile and can see who has been bravoing their posts.

True.. need to work the math backward lol.. 

The notifications bell is back! Yay!

@softech, that is easily attainable (well kind of).  Once you are in the Leaderboard, if you click on last 24 hours you are able to see stats for that period or 7 days, and if you notice people making HUGE jumps that is when you would look at their profile and can see who has been bravoing their posts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I like the "Top Bravoed Authors" board is back.

Would be a great way to keep track of each other.. no more "interesting" bravos.. hopefully.

Would be nice to have a Top Bravo Author as well.. so we need who gave out 500 bravos suddenly

@darlicious , Ok.. Copy and Paste image work.. does it work for you now?

Image: 

softech_1-1641337404320.png

@srlawren wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

5 minutes in...... I don't like that the box when composing a message isn't a white background.. it's really hard to separate from the site background... The grey line next to quoted text is almost invisible with this colour scheme too.

@Nezgar agreed 100%, composing is not a great experience due to the lack of contrast--doubly so for quoted text, where the bar on the left is barely visible.

On the bright side, I LOVE that the reply is now inline!!!  No more taking you away from the full thread context when replying.  (I was forever having to use the little link that opened up a new tab with the full thread, in order to refer to things.)

@srlawren 

Weird your username didn't come up when replying to your post. What bar on the left are you referring to?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wish I could say I love the new look but I find it too cluttered and more of a nightmare to navigate, the added new features are nice though, and having to tag posts does mitigate vague support threads. 

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a test for testing sakes.

Did I miss an option to quote (on mobile)?

*Edit for edit sakes.  Is there a time limit?

Delete would have been a nice option.

The aesthetic is a nice change.

Now announcements don't show up in discussions so you have to go to notifications to see if anyone replied to this thread which is turning into a help thread for the new community...which isn't a lot of help when it doesn't pop up in the latest discussions thread. Mind you I do like that lounge discussions now pop up so it's less abysmal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So here's more goofy...the bell icon is visible on desktop...not on mobile. Tap the avatar on mobile and an extra item shows up...Messages. There's already an envelope for messages on the bar so why repeat it here. Make that drop down have Notifications instead and I could live without the bell on mobile.

Edit: Or the other way around...replace the envelope with the bell seeing as how the Messages is in the drop down.

@Anonymous wrote:

??? You can still click on the bell up top to get them. I don't like the loss of an Latest Posts link. Nor do I like not knowing who added a post to a thread like in the lounge without going in to the thread.

Agreed...also hard to track the latest posts/questions without having to go back to main Community page.   Going to take longer than what I thought to get used to this new re-design..

edited for clarification..

@Anonymous I missed the Latest Posts section too.  I miss seeing someone start his/her "shift" of the day and answer 10 posts..from previous day.. within a minute...

Anonymous
Not applicable

??? You can still click on the bell up top to get them. I don't like the loss of the Latest Posts link. Nor do I like not knowing who added a post to a thread like in the lounge without going in to the thread.

Edit: I like the return of the red number.

Edit again: I take that back...not on mobile. Jeez...they got french, help, pm and avatar. wth.

fujiyama
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wow, I'm not sure what to think about this new layout yet lol. It will take some time to get used to for sure. 

First thing I don't like is how each post is displayed... Can we have the option to minimize the OP "previews" of every post? I prefer scrolling through a list of posts by title only. I think that looks cleaner?

@J_PM 

While some improvements are good....navigation is a nightmare. Having to go to the landing page to get your notifications is a pain in the assets!!

srlawren

@SD08 wrote:

Another useful change is the addition of an "In response to" link with each reply.  So when members reply in a long thread without quoting or tagging anyone, we can still see the exact message to which they replied, by clicking the link.

It even works when people are talking to themselves.  😅

PMC_NewCommunityFormat_InResponseToLink_4Jan2022.jpg

@SD08 I hadn't noticed this yet because the text is so subtle (lightish grey on a creamy background) but yes this was sorely needed!!  So many would reply to a busy thread without quoting (especially if done after some time of the thread sitting dormant) and you'd have no idea whom they were saying "thanks" or "that worked" or whatever to.  Love this change!

EDIT: partly testing the edit, but also wanted to say: the theme with this reply and my previous to @Nezgar is that more contrast is needed in someplaces, @J_PM.  Out of curiosity, was any accessibility testing done prior to launch?  I think some of these issues might/should have been identified during such a process.

Second edit, changed "many places" to "some places"--and also watching the timestamp for fun.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Nezgar wrote:

5 minutes in...... I don't like that the box when composing a message isn't a white background.. it's really hard to separate from the site background... The grey line next to quoted text is almost invisible with this colour scheme too.

@Nezgar agreed 100%, composing is not a great experience due to the lack of contrast--doubly so for quoted text, where the bar on the left is barely visible.

On the bright side, I LOVE that the reply is now inline!!!  No more taking you away from the full thread context when replying.  (I was forever having to use the little link that opened up a new tab with the full thread, in order to refer to things.)

@darlicious   There's an "edit" after clicking on the the little downwards arrow top right...haven't tested it yet.

Edit:  might as well try the "edit function"...so normally after viewing a private message the the little dot disappears but for some reason that is no longer happening and it's becoming a little annoying...😐

SD08

Another useful change is the addition of an "In response to" link with each reply.  So when members reply in a long thread without quoting or tagging anyone, we can still see the exact message to which they replied, by clicking the link.

It even works when people are talking to themselves.  😅

PMC_NewCommunityFormat_InResponseToLink_4Jan2022.jpg

.....and how do you edit your reply?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM      Agree with everyone that this change/makeover will take a bit of time to get used to but overall I like the much cleaner look to the Community web pages and thanks for a few more options for the avatars.  The background colour could perhaps be much lighter?

Also not sure why the holiday gifts are still being advertised on the main page.  I also see that old pricing for the 200MB data still appears as $10 when viewing on my phone.

Ok I don't understand why posts in Announcements don't come up in the discussions on the landing page?

Well I dont know what to say except that I don't like how replying is laid out or the tiny message box in private messages. As I said back in the summer when that same layout was briefly introduced I feel like I'm texting someone. When I have to send a private message I will have to write most of them off site and copy and paste them into private messaging.

is my reply box supposed to look like this? And I can't tell did I add a photo? Or why can't I add a photo?

Another improvement is on Private Message.  Now, the replies are in thread mode ..so, it makes more sense now when you keep replying in PM 

wow.. I like the Edited timestamp!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed. Then those that edit their posts will be noticed. It would still be nice to show what was edited but at least we would all know that an edit happened.

That and the replied to indicator are great wishlist fulfillment's.