Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

216 REPLIES 216

Anonymous
Not applicable

So here's more goofy...the bell icon is visible on desktop...not on mobile. Tap the avatar on mobile and an extra item shows up...Messages. There's already an envelope for messages on the bar so why repeat it here. Make that drop down have Notifications instead and I could live without the bell on mobile.

Edit: Or the other way around...replace the envelope with the bell seeing as how the Messages is in the drop down.

@Anonymous wrote:

??? You can still click on the bell up top to get them. I don't like the loss of an Latest Posts link. Nor do I like not knowing who added a post to a thread like in the lounge without going in to the thread.

Agreed...also hard to track the latest posts/questions without having to go back to main Community page.   Going to take longer than what I thought to get used to this new re-design..

edited for clarification..

@Anonymous I missed the Latest Posts section too.  I miss seeing someone start his/her "shift" of the day and answer 10 posts..from previous day.. within a minute...

Anonymous
Not applicable

??? You can still click on the bell up top to get them. I don't like the loss of the Latest Posts link. Nor do I like not knowing who added a post to a thread like in the lounge without going in to the thread.

Edit: I like the return of the red number.

Edit again: I take that back...not on mobile. Jeez...they got french, help, pm and avatar. wth.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, I'm not sure what to think about this new layout yet lol. It will take some time to get used to for sure. 

First thing I don't like is how each post is displayed... Can we have the option to minimize the OP "previews" of every post? I prefer scrolling through a list of posts by title only. I think that looks cleaner?

@J_PM 

While some improvements are good....navigation is a nightmare. Having to go to the landing page to get your notifications is a pain in the assets!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 wrote:

Another useful change is the addition of an "In response to" link with each reply.  So when members reply in a long thread without quoting or tagging anyone, we can still see the exact message to which they replied, by clicking the link.

It even works when people are talking to themselves.  😅

PMC_NewCommunityFormat_InResponseToLink_4Jan2022.jpg

@SD08 I hadn't noticed this yet because the text is so subtle (lightish grey on a creamy background) but yes this was sorely needed!!  So many would reply to a busy thread without quoting (especially if done after some time of the thread sitting dormant) and you'd have no idea whom they were saying "thanks" or "that worked" or whatever to.  Love this change!

EDIT: partly testing the edit, but also wanted to say: the theme with this reply and my previous to @Nezgar is that more contrast is needed in someplaces, @J_PM.  Out of curiosity, was any accessibility testing done prior to launch?  I think some of these issues might/should have been identified during such a process.

Second edit, changed "many places" to "some places"--and also watching the timestamp for fun.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Nezgar wrote:

5 minutes in...... I don't like that the box when composing a message isn't a white background.. it's really hard to separate from the site background... The grey line next to quoted text is almost invisible with this colour scheme too.

@Nezgar agreed 100%, composing is not a great experience due to the lack of contrast--doubly so for quoted text, where the bar on the left is barely visible.

On the bright side, I LOVE that the reply is now inline!!!  No more taking you away from the full thread context when replying.  (I was forever having to use the little link that opened up a new tab with the full thread, in order to refer to things.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@darlicious   There's an "edit" after clicking on the the little downwards arrow top right...haven't tested it yet.

Edit:  might as well try the "edit function"...so normally after viewing a private message the the little dot disappears but for some reason that is no longer happening and it's becoming a little annoying...😐

SD08

Another useful change is the addition of an "In response to" link with each reply.  So when members reply in a long thread without quoting or tagging anyone, we can still see the exact message to which they replied, by clicking the link.

It even works when people are talking to themselves.  😅

PMC_NewCommunityFormat_InResponseToLink_4Jan2022.jpg

.....and how do you edit your reply?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM      Agree with everyone that this change/makeover will take a bit of time to get used to but overall I like the much cleaner look to the Community web pages and thanks for a few more options for the avatars.  The background colour could perhaps be much lighter?

Also not sure why the holiday gifts are still being advertised on the main page.  I also see that old pricing for the 200MB data still appears as $10 when viewing on my phone.

Ok I don't understand why posts in Announcements don't come up in the discussions on the landing page?

Well I dont know what to say except that I don't like how replying is laid out or the tiny message box in private messages. As I said back in the summer when that same layout was briefly introduced I feel like I'm texting someone. When I have to send a private message I will have to write most of them off site and copy and paste them into private messaging.

is my reply box supposed to look like this? And I can't tell did I add a photo? Or why can't I add a photo?

Another improvement is on Private Message.  Now, the replies are in thread mode ..so, it makes more sense now when you keep replying in PM 

wow.. I like the Edited timestamp!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed. Then those that edit their posts will be noticed. It would still be nice to show what was edited but at least we would all know that an edit happened.

That and the replied to indicator are great wishlist fulfillment's.

SD08

Thanks to PM for the refreshed community look.  Well, this is an interesting layout that will take some getting used to.  One good change I see is the addition of a different timestamp if posts have been edited.  Hopefully, adjustments will be made as feedback rolls in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar : Double post? 🙂 Yes I agree. The quoted colour was important to the visually impaired. I had mentioned that earlier too. So the more that repeat this the better.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Edit: oops double post indeed

amirsojoodi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Happy New Year everyone!
I am a community newbie, and I am happy to activate my account just after the new updates!
I hope that I can be helpful for someone at least in here! 🙂

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

As seen in your screenshot, please consider restoring the white background in the text composition box when posting or replying. Currently, it's very hard to differentiate the text editing box from the background. It also makes it hard to see the vertical grey line next to quoted text.

5 minutes in...... I don't like that the box when composing a message isn't a white background.. it's really hard to separate from the site background... The grey line next to quoted text is almost invisible with this colour scheme too.

Are the various topic areas all gone? All i see are Announcements & Louge

Also the bravo's leaderboard is back on the homepage? Maybe that was not intentional.

Of course there will be hiccups with the changes, this is just the beginning of the ride. 🙂 Cheers!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Looks much better than before specially on mobile. Finally, I can mass delete some old PMs 🙂
One suggestion, buttons like Bravos and Reply are pretty large in a post compare to the default text size. I am hoping they can resize it to a bit smaller size once fully migrated. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM Wow! What a overhaul, looks nice! 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @J_PM : One further semantic addition for that tiny bit of extra clarity as to who we are... perhaps add after support members "at large" and maybe "will reply" after that. I suggest changing answer to will reply. We don't technically have all the answers or _can_ answer everything.

Our Oracles and support members at large will reply to topics posted under this board.

And while we're both here...could you please direct your Oracles to keep threads about "phone-stuff" in the Phones & Hardware category. Thanks.

@softech wrote:

Thanks @J_PM ..still testing it out.. the way it shows replies now is confusing. 

used to be the last replies always last..  now.. if there are 5 replies.. and if I replies on the 2nd reply (I am the 6th reply), it will jammed after the 2nd reply.. so the order is 1 , 2 , 6 , 3, 4, 5..  not sure if it is good

update.. ok.. maybe not..look good now.. maybe just a hiccup or a refresh is needed..thanks

@softech, I experienced the same thing with my first reply it showed right under the post I was replying to but it was back in chronological order when I re-entered the thread.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 @Anonymous 

We removed "customer" and kept "support member" (to avoid confusion) as we were referring to everyone on Community is a support member😀

@Anonymous, it is a customer support board so everyone here is a Customer Support Member.  New Terminology but it should work out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It does look better on mobile, the latest posts will be missed for sure and I am pretty sure that was brought up a few times in our testing of it.  I will have to see how the site performs with full activity rather than our small test bench we were playing with and it was easier to follow topics when it was a small sample

Need Help? Let's chat.