Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

Waggy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using Public Mobility for years and it was a Great system until we had problems!  We cannot get help.  PM continue to take money for our data plan and the data plan only works rarely!  I cannot log into my own account I just get "Forbidden A1.

Spuggety
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had to create a new username and my Public Mobile community ranking has been reset since the update. Since monthly Public Points are associated with the ranking it would be nice for me to receive those points that I have lost. 

@abtest wrote:

Well, like many others, when the switch was made to Eversafe, I was disconnected from my community account.  Eventually, it was reconnected.  However, the next time I logged back in, my profile of 5 years was gone/reset.  I had my old nickname (abtest), but I was a completely new community member.  After notifying PM and waiting 3 days, I received a message from a CS agent notifying me that my profile was lost and there was nothing that they could do.  Obviously, I am not a happy camper!  How can information be lost?  It is all available in archives/backups, or in the test environment that would have been used to test the upgrade (assuming they bothered to actually test the upgrade).   So, Public Mobile, are you going to take responsibility for this blunder and fix my profile - or just fall back on 'there's nothing we can do'?

@A_CX_PM, @J_PM  Anything???

@abtest - your profile is gone?! Whoa. Sounds like they hit delete on your information? How many others had this happen to them too, I wonder...and more to come??

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Thanks I'll see what happens...?

@maximum_gato  Chrome has that too, but it is not defaulted to on

Chrome
Open the Chrome browser
Open the Chrome Toolbar (3 lines to the right of the URL window) and then select Settings
Select Privacy and security
Click the Cookies and other site data
Toggle the setting Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome
Close the Tab.

@maximum_gato yes, Firefox has that option and defaulted to clear cahce on exit

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

check the section "Automatically clear the cache"

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Lol...no app for me. On my tablet using Firefox. Actually I haven't checked my personal accounts in a couple of days which I use Chrome so it could be only Firefox that this is occurring on? Still it was working just fine before?

@maximum_gato wrote:

@A_CX_PM @J_PM 

I see "trusted device" no longer works me or any of my referrals

@maximum_gato   are you using app or browser?

even with app, that depends on your default browser (they use the default browser to login)

So, check your default browser and check if there is an option like "Clear cache on exit", disable that

And both App and browsers are working well with "Trusted" on my computer and Android.   Using Edge and Chrome myself

@TeaGuide22 wrote:

It's posted above was supposed to be a private message now it's on the Community board. Awesome. Not. 

@TeaGuide22 , ohh no! I do appreciate that is was shared here though.

Please copy your message & send it by private message CS_Agent using the method below. It will open up in your private community mailbox so that you can paste it there.

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM @J_PM 

I see "trusted device" no longer works me or any of my referrals that I have set it up with putting me back at square one.  The hopelessness of it all?

TeaGuide22

It's posted above was supposed to be a private message now it's on the Community board. Awesome. Not. 

TeaGuide22

Dam, this is unacceptable. I don't always personally go with the first person I talk to. Experience has shown me. How can they lose you, that's unacceptable,and I'm really sorry to hear this has happened. I do in my humble opinion, press them a bit more. Compensation at least? Good luck and I really do hope this can be fixed. 

@TeaGuide22    Unkind comments are always uncalled for and never cool, of course.   However, just as a FYI everyone's profile can be viewed by clicking on their username which will show the number of posts, solution (if applicable) and bravos given/received because you are posting on a community forum which is viewable by anyone whether they're a PM customer or not and only requires internet and website access.  That's why you should never post any personal information here (don't think you have) which should be only shared with CSA's via private messaging which is not available for other community members to view.  

@Heather_ONeill    Yes, there have been a lot of messy stuff happening with the recent updates to the accounts.

Some posters have posted that payments can be made via chatbot again (I haven't tried it) or if you know your PIN then dialing 611 on your phone and pay with a registered CC.  Or purchase vouchers from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and add them via 611 without the need for a PIN.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@abtest   Oh wow, yes your profile has been wiped clean and that's not really acceptable and yeah I'd think there would be some way to retrieve the lost information.   I (along with many others) also lost my community username for over a week after the recent updates but was lucky that when it finally got restored that my profile seems to be intact from what I remember.

I really think you should be tagging both A_CX_PM and J_PM about this.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well, like many others, when the switch was made to Eversafe, I was disconnected from my community account.  Eventually, it was reconnected.  However, the next time I logged back in, my profile of 5 years was gone/reset.  I had my old nickname (abtest), but I was a completely new community member.  After notifying PM and waiting 3 days, I received a message from a CS agent notifying me that my profile was lost and there was nothing that they could do.  Obviously, I am not a happy camper!  How can information be lost?  It is all available in archives/backups, or in the test environment that would have been used to test the upgrade (assuming they bothered to actually test the upgrade).   So, Public Mobile, are you going to take responsibility for this blunder and fix my profile - or just fall back on 'there's nothing we can do'?

@A_CX_PM, @J_PM  Anything???

Heather_ONeill

Adding a payment to Public Mobile is a pain in the butt. I used to love you guys, but this new "upgrade" just made everything a lot harder to do. I think I'm going to switch to another provider. 

TeaGuide22

I added a post to the Community, because I had seen another post with my same concern. I cannot see my badges and stuff anymore. Where did they go to? I'm not an Orical, but I'm not New in Town. The response I got was screen shots of my account showing my badges and stuff. Then an unkind remarks that Isy not remember well, because I joined 2 months ago not 3. Well I had just paid my 3rd phone bill. But never the less I felt attacked. And I could not believe that others have this much across to my account to screen shot for everyone to see. I thought the point was to be kind and respectful. I have also noticed it's different to buy get to my avatar. I have to go to the Community to find it to look for anything. Then when I go to load the app, I get a black screen with a message that it's a broken link, when I go back a page it lets me log in. But I thought you should be aware. I would like this tread pulled down and maybe a couple of rules about not screen shoting others accounts and sharing them with everyone? I have not done a deep dive on others accounts to even realize this is possible. It seems a little too open to my personal information. Like the date I joined or my badges and such. I feel very invaded, and hurt as I am only kind and try to help in the Community. Now I don't even feel comfortable posting. Which is not the point of PM. I didn't need to be bombarded with what they could see, it's not what I can see and then I'm thinking why can you all see this, and have to be rude to me? I felt attacked not helped at all. This kind of thing is helpful to no one. Help or be quiet or kind. I hope you can make sure everyone cannot see my whole account. And why can everyone see what they posted. Do you think this is a good way to respond? And that I must not know my dates ? Really this has hurt me. And I don't like the idea of being so exposed. I would kindly appreciate your support and help with these issues. Thank you kindly, I know you are serving lots of people right now. If you could keep posting that you want our feedback on any glitches or issues with our accounts, then I can respond to that thread instead until all the bugs are fixed. And not have to post to the Community. I even had one person I was helping tell me to stop contacting them. I believe I only posted twice but in no way was I pestering this person. I'm hoping some more vocal people are just fustraded and not being as kind as they should be. I have not run into this until recently, however why would I want to comment in the Community again? Or do you have a small vocal issue with some of your members that need a warning? I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you most kindly. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Greetings.

Please send us a private message and we will start investigate into this.

Kindly, 
Clau- CS agent

@Timthemyth wrote:

I have not yet-- Im still new to public. thank you for the direct link!

No problem @Timthemyth , I don't know why Public Mobile doesn't provide this information more clearly to customers.

For your reference, you can use the “Get Help” section at the top of the screen above: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help, and in the “Start your Search here” box type 'customer support' to get two methods to Contact a Customer Support Agent (CSA) with Public Mobile.

Edit, oh interesting...when following what I put above, it takes you to a page under maintenance. I see the Help Articles are hit and miss lately. And also, the method to show how to private message CSA is not showing like before. Humm...seems Public is pushing Chatbot mostly, which is fine if it works. 🙄  If it doesn't work, Please post under maintenance or something and link to private messaging CS_Agent.

@A_CX_PM Please make help make it obvious on methods to contact Public customer support agents. Soo many members think the community is Public Mobile. And, it really shouldn't be our job to tell others how to contact Public agents; again it should be obvious without cluttering the forum's posts with it, IMO.

Timthemyth

awesome! Thank you!

@Timthemyth- You can buy vouchers online. Apparently muskbird.com is the cheapest for fees. I've had had success with recharge.com. There is also ding.com. Even crypto.com.

Timthemyth

I have not yet-- Im still new to public. thank you for the direct link!

Timthemyth

Thank you! I'm trying to get this done tonight and cant get out to the store. Might have to do it that way!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM is this thread still be monitored for issues being posted here?

@Timthemyth @TeaGuide22 - have you been responded to from your inquiries here? Chatbot has been down for some time, yet I was able to submit a ticket using it today surprisingly. 

If this thread is not leading to your resolutions, maybe open a ticket with your issues to a customer support agent to hopefully get resolved. Here is the link Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) or go directly to your private message to start a ticket to CS_Agent.

@Timthemyth- Are your services working? You can buy vouchers and use 611 to enter them. And two other options. Then you can take your time to fiddle with the new login while you have working services.

Timthemyth

@CS_Agent I am unable to change my payment method to my new card your new system wont let me and my bill was due today. Also, your ticket system is down. You need the ability to talk to someone in a time like this.

TeaGuide22

Hi i would like to know when I can have a private conversation with CS please. I have a very big privacy concern. And I would like to discuss it and solve this issue please. Thank you kindly 🙏

Kay2du

Same thing is happening to me right now. I had successfully updated my account based on the new 2FA but I was surprised to find this morning that I wasn't able to get into my account and can't even reset my password when I tried, thinking it had to do with my password. I got same annoying message that my account had been locked; they was no additional message as to when it was going to be unlocked or what I could do to unlock it, if any. Thanks @ABDad, now I know I can only try again in 3 hours. I guess there is no need to, since it doesn't seem to be working as of yet. I am all for self-serve, but it gotta be designed to be useable to the users.

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The EverSafe ID verification has a big flaw. Especially when used with the Community forum.

How can a person reach customer support if they are having connectivity issues with SMS?

No longer offering an email option to get a verification code essentially leaves a person completely abandoned with no way to contact Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.