Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

dizzydino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First I had troubles getting in after the new GLITCHY password stuff.

I needed to view data history on one of the phones in our family.
Since I do all the servicing for all the members of the family, I dont have the phone in my hand so the app is useless to me. I have to be able to access it through the website.

Once that finally let me in, I found the page to view history.  This page is terrible and pathetic!  No way to sort or filter data from the rest.  Having to go through pages one at a time to get to the end.  And when I tried to dl it all I got was 3 days worth.  No prior months either! NOTHING!

Tried to access the community about it but couldnt get in. The nickname page kept intercepting access over and over no matter what I did.  Extremely frustrated by then.

Finally, after two hours of F'n around, I was able to chat with SALES who, after giving me lots of excuses, showed me how to create a ticket and since, I have access to only find out it is a total sh!tshow and everyone is having problems.

All I need to know is how much data is needed but it just wasted three hours of my time and still havent got it.
I am looking into another provider.  This is not what we signed up for.

Hi @J_PM   I have the same problem this morning

Captured! Thank you. I've shared with the team @softech 

@softech , thank you. I created a post about these issues yesterday!  Makes is more difficult to help others when those are not working & the link in the virtual assistant sends them to the Community to private message CS_Agent so they create a post tagging one!

As of a couple days ago this site & private messages no longer allow me to include links to show issues or help!

Edit: @softech , on the post I created @poutineville said yesterday that it worked but I don’t know if it was from a computer/laptop or cell phone! Nothing makes it work for me to successfully submit a support ticket through the virtual assistant (a webpage opens giving an error message) nor the link included there to send a private message to CS_Agent (link sends me to community homepage instead)

IMG_0080.jpeg

MinnieMouse

Please add a simple check box for adding data. Turn phone on and off after adding. Still no data, check data limit on phone. Info on where to find this on  I-phone and Android phone would be helpful. THere are times when data is very, very important. I have had to borrow a strangers phone in an urgent situation. BUT it is essential that this basic info be on the website on a printable page for people to have with them to refer to once a year when they add extra data to phone. Thanks HAppier Minnie Mouse. Would prefer that to badges and bravos !!!!

MinnieMouse

I had to change data limit on phone, husband changed it and voila. I still do not know where that setting is, looked for ages, I will make note, in notes section on cell phone. Last time I needed to power phone on and off and that worked.

MinnieMouse

Android phone and I had powered on and off. Problem was I had a data limit set on phone. Husband changed it and voila I had data, but this was after paying for more data. I still had 2 sets of gift data from PM.

Thanks  @LitlLdy

@J_PM 

Just tested it, I got to Click here to submit a ticket↗ but I got the error still when it try to launch the actual ticket submission page

softech_0-1685593856677.png

@softech wrote:

Hi @LitlLdy so, it is not fixed still?  I thought I saw a post from J this morning saying Chatbot ticket is fixed

And honest , this new Chatbot, it is very hard to get to open ticket page

@softech , J said it worked for the team! Somehow not for Us!

It took me all day just to successfully get a PM sent to a CSA without it getting denied to send! It kept saying invalid url & so on with none anywhere in my message! Finally tonight after a message sent one responded back but didn’t understand why I was inquiring to get the virtual assistant/chatbot fixed for Us Customers due to the fact I was able to send a private message! So explain what do I want? So, I explained all over again but went unheard & let to more confusion as to what I messaged for! I give up! To tired to push it! Someone more pushy with better wording can try! 🤣 🤔 🤐

Edit! To add, with any company there’s technical issues, we’re just not on the phone put on hold with elevator music or silence for a few hours at a time transferred from one department to another then disconnected! 🤣

Hi @LitlLdy so, it is not fixed still?  I thought I saw a post from J this morning saying Chatbot ticket is fixed

And honest , this new Chatbot, it is very hard to get to open ticket page

@computergeek541 , I tried hard to explain to the CS_Agent that doesn’t understand the issue with that! He seems to think everyone can send a PM like I did from our private mailbox to a CS_Agent for help instead. I don’t know! Are they getting rid of the virtual assistant?

@LitlLdy wrote:

@computergeek541 , @Dunkman , if either of you are on can you please try to see if you can successfully submit a support ticket through the virtual assistant plus click on the link that says click here in the virtual assistant to see if it opens to send a private message to CS_Agent & not the page to the Community webpage? @J_PM said both of those works for the team this morning yet still neither work successfully for me (in private/incognito mode)!

As far as I know, submitting tickets through the chatbot hasn't worked for days.  It's giving the same generic message as when I tried to submit a ticket last week.  It doesn't prompt the customer to send a private message isntead.  The process simply fails. On another note, when click on Contact Us, the chatbot goes through another unnecessary series a prompts and a second option then needs to be opened to submit a itcket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommendation: Take off the website that you guys support E-SIM, because you obviously don't and you shouldn't be advertising that if your customers can't use it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still patiently waiting to be able to put my number on an E-SIM, since the website claims you support it.. That should be available for all customers, not just new ones...

PreachJohn1

There may two versions of my 'harsh criticisms'  replies come your way courtesy of a GMail glitch that appears to have happened. If it did happen to send two similar criticisms, my apology.
The 1st effort did not appear to Send. So I rewrote it best I could. Later I found both efforts in my Sent box?

fastbodin1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am very disappointed in Public Mobile for no longer having roll over data when we purchase data add-ons which now expires 30 days after purchasing!

@J_PM wrote:

@LitlLdy  The team has tested both link routes to submit ticket through virtual assistant, both working this morning. Please try to access the links using incognito browser (some caching issues we're seeing in other posts).  The link directs to Community homepage, than select the mail icon in your menu bar to access private message. That's correct. 

@J_PM , I know how to use them! that’s great they’re finally working again! They haven’t been working for anyone since the update! I will try again & report to the Community on it!

Edit: Submitting a support ticket through the virtual assistant is still doing the same thing when I try it (yes I use  my browser in private/incognito mode always), it still gives error message page that loads when I select click here to submit ticket! It gives option in the virtual assistant to send CS_Agent a message if submitting a ticket doesn’t work but It is still sending me to the community homepage when I select click here to send CS_Agent a message! “If you have any trouble with this link, please reach out to our agents by sending a private message to @CS_Agent in our Community here.”  Which the url is: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community  That’s not the link to send a private message to CS_Agent!

I will get others to try & see if they can do either! Since it does for you (the team)

IMG_0074.png
IMG_0076.png

@computergeek541 , @Dunkman , if either of you are on can you please try to see if you can successfully submit a support ticket through the virtual assistant plus click on the link that says click here in the virtual assistant to see if it opens to send a private message to CS_Agent & not the page to the Community webpage? @J_PM said both of those works for the team this morning yet still neither work successfully for me (in private/incognito mode)!

@PreachJohn1 We'll take on this feedback, and continue to resolve ongoing issues as soon as possible. We acknowledge your experience and will use this insight to support quick resolutions. Thank you.  

@LitlLdy  The team has tested both link routes to submit ticket through virtual assistant, both working this morning. Please try to access the links using incognito browser (some caching issues we're seeing in other posts).  The link directs to Community homepage, than select the mail icon in your menu bar to access private message. That's correct. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am watching all the replies to this, and  there are many.  PM is a disaster that just gets worse.  I still haven't got my old community forum name back.  Maybe it won't be needed, I wanted to mark an earlier question as resolved, but I think "resolved" is something that will be rarely needed.

@funpig1  Thank you for sharing. We're so glad to hear you now have access to manage your Dad's account! 

@maximum_gato Sorry to hear you're having challenges managing multiple accounts.  This is helpful insight to your experience. We've captured these points and will investigate with the team. Thanks!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM @J_PM 

Some observations....

I'm having trouble getting some of my referrals account access. I get their eversafe ID set up and my tablet as a trusted device but setting up the app or access via the website returns an "email or password does not match" message. Resetting the password does not work the same message is recieved. I've had to reset 2 of my family accounts passwords randomly. There are several I haven't even tried yet and at least one without a Sim card needing reactivation from suspended status.....this is making management of multiple account very time consuming?!!

I tried suspending an account via lost/stolen and I'm glad I decided to do this early on well before midnight eastern. Suspended and remembered I had never set up voicemail so I decided to call the number anyways to see what would happen? I got a pm message telling me I had run out of minutes (not possible.) Thinking it was a glitch I rebooted and tried another phone....same message. Also tried the bf's phone....same message. In a bit of a panic at this result I unsuspended via lost/stolen and voice calls resumed. Again I suspended the account and got the same message. Then I tried via my textnow account....same message?!

Just at that moment eversafe logged me out....great timing. Thankfully it accepted the newly created password and trusted my device. But before I unsuspended my bf and I tried calling each other and voicecalls were working. I decided that I best "unsubscribe" to suspend this account at least. Not sure what I would do for an account with a positive account balance that exceeds the plan amount ? How does that work?

It's important to note that previously voicemail stayed active when suspending via lost/stolen. Very important when you really have lost your phone and you need to still get your voicemail messages. Now callers get pm telling them they have run out of minutes and to call *611. (Ironically the one add on you cannot purchase via 611....the $5/500min add on?!!

@pm-smayer97 

funpig1

LitlLdy, thank you for your comments.

I now have access to my Dad's PM account.  I note that if I want to change his password, the 2FA gives me 3 options: text, voice or email.  HOWEVER, if I want to change his email address, which is a new feature in the new website, it requires 2FA with the text option only.  No voice or email.  I have been wanting to change the email address on my Dad's account forever.  Fortunately, I also verified and made my phone a trusted device for my Dad's account while my brother had access to his phone.  So the next time, I visit him, I can access his account using my phone and carry out any changes which require SMS 2FA.

Regarding the community name, I went to a thread and bravo'ed the CS Agent as recommended.  I hope that was enough.   Thanks.

@funpig1 , hi, now that the account is verified with this new system you can now select sent text again & it will give you the option of sending the code to email. I wish they would get rid of 2FA all together or give us the option to disable it ourselves! Sorry.

I have been here since 2019 and on the $15 3g speed plan. I made the huge mistake of giving up my old rewards by switching when it came out! I regret it every day! Hate the points system!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am hoping they listen to our concerns!

Edit: Have you sent a private message to CS_Agent so you can get your old username back? 

funpig1

PS

4.  Like others, lost my original community profile name.

funpig1

I logged into my PM account for the first time in almost six months.  (I have 2 accounts; one for me and one for my 94 year old Dad.  My son finally decided to join PM and I sent him my referral code.  That is when I found about the new website and pricing plans.  Here are my observations:

1.  As mentioned by many others, the new PM website is SLOOOWWWW.

2. The new 2-step verification is a pain.  My Dad lives in a care home and does not know how to access or read texts.  I had to get my brother to visit my Dad so I could get the six digit code in order to make my home computer a trusted device for my Dad's PM account.  I think the old system where you could get a verification email is better.  I have run into a similar problem when travelling and need to get verification before using a credit card.  SMS is no good if you are in a different country using local sim.  Fortunately, my credit card has option to send the verification code to an email.  What happens if you lost your phone and need to access your PM account on a new device?

3.  The cheaper priced plans do not show up on the PM website. I know that if you load the app, you can still see the $15 and $25 plans, or if you are already a customer, you can see the cheap plans as a subscription option. PM has always been the third tier provider behind Telus and Koodo.  There used to be a $10 plan. That is what attracted me to PM years ago to get a very affordable voice plan for my Dad.  He still has the grandfathered $13 plan where he only pays $8 with all the loyalty and payment incentives.  Now when I see the $80, $65, $50, etc. plans, it just reminds me of the high-priced Telus plans.  If I or any new prospective customer are going to pay those prices, why not go back to Telus and receive the premium support, a service number to actually talk to live customer service person or maybe even a free or subsidized phone, for not much more.  I wonder if PM will eventually be phased out... Hanging on like grim death to my $25 (currently discounted to $15/month) plan.

HI @Cam66 

I am surprise you see a message saying your phone not compatible.  

Was it on Google Play store before you download it and not allow you to download? if it is , probably you have an Android version too old to install this

but it is perfectly find to access the site via laptop or phone browser

I find the speed of the site is ok. What phone do you have?  Try different browser

Cam66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.  I am glad to hear that you want to hear about issues as I have one that has persisted for awhile.  I used to receive text notices about renewing my plan a few days before it expired but I have not received them since January 2023.  I appreciated those notices with my busy schedule to avoid all of a sudden not having phone service.  This same situation has been happening with two other friends accounts as well and they also are not happy. One of them has reported this particular issue to you folks twice and still no resolution!

Then today when I went to go sign onto my plan to pay using the online link, I found you have a new 2 step verification process and I also had to confirm my name and change my password.  Once I got signed in, the system was very slow responding and would kick me out after a few minutes.  Several times when I tried to choose the payment option, the system would keep going to the subscription services instead.  Finally through my laptop, I was able to make a payment.  Would have been nice to receive a text notice that you had made some updates to your system, etc. 

Also, I did try to download your app for Android phone users and I am not able to as I get the message that my phone is not compatible with it.

I have enjoyed being a subscriber up to January this year but not so much since then.

Please fix these issues!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM , Customers still can not submit a support ticket through the virtual assistant/chatbot it gives an error message & the link that the chatbot provides to send a CS_Agent a private message is still incorrect, it sends Customers back to the Community homepage! So, there is no way for them to get help except to post in Community for help from Us to give them a working link for them to send a private message to CS_Agent! I hope all this is fixed very soon!

IMG_0072.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.