Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

PreachJohn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whoever sprung this massive Eversafe non workable Site revamp without warning on us? I too have spent enormous time I'll never get back trying to do a very simple transaction. Still unable to do to this day. Not to mention the pretentious/amateur 'subscriptions' instead of plain English 'plans' have heads that need to roll. It's call accountability, a tried and true concept lost on the present PM movers and shakers. Our hard earned bucks must stop at Someone's desk; who needs to go. Just who are these business destroying Clowns??

@Carla-Anne wrote:

Thank you for your reply @pm-smayer97 . I did that and I'm still receiving all of it. And I have asked the system to delete me from ALL subscriptions. 

@Carla-Anne , none of my suggestions worked either after selecting save? They work for me! I have no other suggestions! Sorry 😕

@Adrianbligh wrote:

You clearly don’t want to hear, as there is no way of contacting you. I’ve been trying to get to my account details for 4 hours without success. I have been disconnected twice on chat before even getting to speak to someone and can’t post in the community forum. I just want to know my account number so I can port a number. What I will end up doing though is closing 2 accounts through frustration and anger

@Adrianbligh , have you tried sending a private message to CS_Agent?

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

- Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carla-Anne   Top right of this thread click Options 3 dot menu and select unsubscribe.  That will unsubscribe you from this thread but not others you might have participated in.  You can do the same for other threads you want to opt out of receiving notifications.

Adrianbligh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You clearly don’t want to hear, as there is no way of contacting you. I’ve been trying to get to my account details for 4 hours without success. I have been disconnected twice on chat before even getting to speak to someone and can’t post in the community forum. I just want to know my account number so I can port a number. What I will end up doing though is closing 2 accounts through frustration and anger

Carla-Anne

Thank you for your reply @pm-smayer97 . I did that and I'm still receiving all of it. And I have asked the system to delete me from ALL subscriptions. 

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Carla-Anne wrote:

How do I stop getting an email every time someone posts on this thread?? I cannot have so many emails. I said my piece now I want out of this conversation. I’ve muted it … but still getting every email.  

@Carla-Anne , at the top right of this page please click on your Avatar,  My Settings, Subscriptions & Notifications, and change things there then click save. Or My Settings, Manage Notifications, select box Don’t send me any community email then save. Either way look around there & change what you want & don’t want.

Or you can click on the down arrow on this thread & click on unsubscribe!

@StillAngry , same answer for you!

Edit: Sorry it took so long to respond! 

@Carla-Anne@StillAngry  The best and simplest choice is "Or you can click on the down arrow on this thread & click on unsubscribe!" to unsubscribe from THIS specific thread. Otherwise, the other option turns off ALL notifications from ALL threads in this forum, even posts from PM, so you may not want that.

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

Personally, I’d like the option of using an authenticator app if I have to use anything but maybe that is not secure enough? I hate not being able to disable it anymore!

@LitlLdy Authenticator app has some investment involved.  I am not sure any Canadian provider is offering this at the moment.  

@softech , hopefully my response will post!

True & PM doesn’t need more issues to deal with! 🤣

@will13am wrote:

@LitlLdy , by chance have you got the settings on your browser to clear data, cache and cookies when exiting?  I am not going to say that when I set the trusted device, the system never forgets but it remembers the trusted device much more often than it forgets it.  

@will13am , if you get my response great but my messages are being rejected now all of the sudden!

Yes, I realized that after. I use private/incognito mode on my browsers. So, that makes sense. 😕

@LitlLdy wrote:

Personally, I’d like the option of using an authenticator app if I have to use anything but maybe that is not secure enough? I hate not being able to disable it anymore!

@LitlLdy Authenticator app has some investment involved.  I am not sure any Canadian provider is offering this at the moment.  

@jordany wrote:

It is so slow in response so that I can't even create a support ticket to address my community profile issue.

Pretty frustrating. 

Is this a computer related thing?  I find the speed of the website about the same before and after these changes.  

@LitlLdy wrote:

I also hate that I can not add funds to my account without adding the payment card to the account as well as not being allowed to remove it myself! After all it is my payment card, & my money on it! So, I am stuck purchasing vouchers instead!

I am very disappointed in Public Mobile for no longer having roll over data when we purchase data add-ons which now expires 30 days after purchasing!

Every time I select toggle "Trust this device" for future logins“ it never saves it! It makes me enter a 2FA code at every login!

I’m hating this place more & more!

@LitlLdy , by chance have you got the settings on your browser to clear data, cache and cookies when exiting?  I am not going to say that when I set the trusted device, the system never forgets but it remembers the trusted device much more often than it forgets it.  

@Carla-Anne wrote:

How do I stop getting an email every time someone posts on this thread?? I cannot have so many emails. I said my piece now I want out of this conversation. I’ve muted it … but still getting every email.  

@Carla-Anne , at the top right of this page please click on your Avatar,  My Settings, Subscriptions & Notifications, and change things there then click save. Or My Settings, Manage Notifications, select box Don’t send me any community email then save. Either way look around there & change what you want & don’t want.

Or you can click on the down arrow on this thread & click on unsubscribe!

@StillAngry , same answer for you!

Edit: Sorry it took so long to respond! 

StillAngry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Carla-Anne:

The same thing is happening to me. 49 email messages today and counting.  I want it to stop.

1962-garyk

sorry everyone that is out going minutes

Carla-Anne

Janecho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Had changed my plan to the $15 one. Clicked on submit to confirm and it just spun. Tried with Chrome, Firefox Focus, Safari to no avail. Now the $15 plan is not showing anywhere. I then installed the Public Mobile app. No luck with it either. Have been at this for over an hour. Very frustrating. Have been VERY happy with PM. Just want to go back to my old plan. I get the app will have some bugs and maybe my timing was such that I happened into the point where the $25 plan was being removed but since I was able to select that seems unlikely. Can someone please advise/help. And yes I tried to submit a ticket using the app and that didn’t work either. What a time!

@dust2dust wrote:

@A_CX_PM- Bring back the checkbox to stay logged in. If one is inactive but had been logged in on the same network, it logs you out after a certain amount of time.

Also, make the 2FA a choice rather than sending a text anyway and then having to tap re-send which then gives the choice.

@dust2dust  , I second all this!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM- Bring back the checkbox to stay logged in. If one is inactive but had been logged in on the same network, it logs you out after a certain amount of time.

Also, make the 2FA a choice rather than sending a text anyway and then having to tap re-send which then gives the choice.

gb23

Outgoing or incoming? The $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls which don't move the usage counter.

1962-garyk

15 dollar plan not removing used minutes

@J_PM wrote:

@LitlLdy not need to apologize! We appreciate the feedback. Our community has a filter to catch any personal information attached to threads. You can tag me on posts that may disclose sensitive information and we're prioritize. 

@J_PM  , unfortunately that filter doesn’t work! It still allows all of that to be posted. Left for several hours before being removed after reporting it!

I will do that thank you! 🙂

@J_PM , now my messages trying to help on post is getting removed/rejected with no personal information posted ever! The wrong messages are getting removed! 🙄

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy not need to apologize! We appreciate the feedback. Our community has a filter to catch any personal information attached to threads. You can tag me on posts that may disclose sensitive information and we're prioritize. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , I am not sure where to post this but we have an ongoing issue that is quite serious where several Customers post personal/private information (Account #’s, Phone #’s, Email Addresses, Home/Billing Addresses, Credit Card information, Pin #’s & so on) that is a huge security risk for them posting that here on a public/open forum that all have access to! With all the security that is now setup when signing into our own accounts (some are still not able to) there needs to be some way or blocking from being able to post such sensitive information publicly! We as Customers can not remove it for those that post it & most do not respond back to do it themselves! Reporting the post to have it removed can take several hours to address & always tagging an Oracle can take time not knowing which one’s are online to kindly do it! The Oracle’s that are on are also very busy trying to help others & fix/move other posts! So, I am not sure how this issue can be resolved! Just sharing my concerns. Sorry. 😕

Edit: Typos!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@DDM69 we encourage users to submit additional feedback in our Community Survey! 

@softech We appreciate the flag (and sharing post example) This has been passed along to the team for investigation. 

StillAngry

Just now,after all this morning sorting out this new improved mess, am getting a message that tells me they will take a payment on the 28th. Payment is due today, the 29th. I  then get a message saying that my account was not renewed as they had not received payment. This was much after the payment could finally be made after the cumbersome task of going to a non preferred browser, opening an incognito page and shuffling around. I do hope that for the sake of those who will stay with this lot that they fix it soon. I will not be one of them. Perhaps,if we all got together and contacted the CRTC, it would make a difference. Mobile services in Canada are an atrocity.

StillAngry

Hi. This has been a horror story. No notification that the website interface would change. Looked like a scam to me. I am supposed to input credit card details to this. Get real. What is Eversafe? Would it have scuttled PM to send an email to people letting them know about it. Like many others, I do not want a 'community', although in the end, it was community that helped resolve the issue. I just want a mobile that works. Optus in Aus is never so utterly annoying.

Waking up to no service on the day that the payment is due, no ability within the webpage interface to make a manual payment, and spending more than an hour in utter isolation trying to make this work. Chatbot not working, no way to submit a ticket, oops messages and down for maintenance messages. Someone in the community helped by giving me a link to a cs agent. Others listed in posts did not work.

Is PM worth it to me? Not beyond this month. This will give me time to port my account away from this utterly frustrating experience. Gaby, the CS agent was helpful though.

@MinnieMouse , you have your own post that you created about this on Thursday. Customers responded trying to help you but you never responded back!

In case you can’t find it, below is the link to your post so you can find your way there! 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Access-add-on-data/td-p/986043

ACCESS ADD ON DATA 

Need Help? Let's chat.