Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

HI @MinnieMouse 

no step to activate data add-on

What phone you have?

MinnieMouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you activate an add on for data ?

MinnieMouse

how would I unset the data limit?

HI @MinnieMouse   start your own post.  this is more for issue with the new My Account

check if your phone has data limit,  you might have set up and it is blocking your data

MinnieMouse

I need help as I bought extra data but cannot access it. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. REBOOTING PHONE. This is basic info. Read over everything onside. TRied posting in community. Why give me a BADGE for posting but no answer !!!!!! tried the chat line. I am at neighbours house outside, getting eaten by mosquitoes. I HAVE TRIED FOR 2 DAYS !! Can't take this anymore. Yesterday I had to write an obitiuary / goodbye note to have read a funeral of friend's son on my husband's cell phone, it was awful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You aim high?  I am a new customer and I was tortured with activation and trying to find service and registering on all the places needed.  I thought I had it all figured out and then I try to use your "Eversafe" and find I have lost my forum name.  Can you please stop making things so complex and try your new technology before forcing it on your customers?  You don't aim high, you aim cheap like me (that's why I keep suffering with Public).

@TeaGuide22 wrote:

Keep trying to create a ticket number, they can do eSIM now on new activations,so perhaps they can refund you for the lost SIM card and get you activated. We are all in a long que, but they are responding as fast as they can. I'm sorry this must be fustraing. 

@TeaGuide22 , I’m confused! I didn’t lose a SIM Card. I’m a current Customer 😊. I missed something sorry! 😕

TeaGuide22

Keep trying to create a ticket number, they can do eSIM now on new activations,so perhaps they can refund you for the lost SIM card and get you activated. We are all in a long que, but they are responding as fast as they can. I'm sorry this must be fustraing. 

TeaGuide22

Oh I didn't know that thank you for telling me. 

TeaGuide22

Yes I keep getting logged out too, another glitch I think. 

TeaGuide22

Hi I have looked at my account and I can add on 500 extra Canadian minutes for 5.00. It's just under add on's on the left side of the screen at the top and on the right side at the top you will see change my rate plans. I hope this helps you out. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. It looks like an available option. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your day! Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@A_CX_PM 

can you add an option to remember the username for the login please?

can we do a vote on the app and get rid of eversafe. this app is going to create even more headaches for you guys going into the future. PM doesn't have the resources to keep the app up to date.

all that was done was added bloatware to phones and the website

@Kristowhy ,Canadian data add-ons expire after 30 days from purchasing not voice (minutes, talk) add-ons as per your picture in your message. 🙂 Unless it changed again! I’m assuming they keep that wording posted so Customers will know it is data add-ons that expire after 30 days of purchasing!

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Logged into my account with the $15 plan and when browsing the add-on's to buy the word for voice add-on's is incorrect.  For these VOICE add-on's it says "Data add-ons expire after 30 days".

@A_CX_PM  does this mean the voice add-on's now expire after 30 days as well or simply a mistake?

PMvoiceaddon.jpg

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM , the $15 3G Speed Plan no longer lists texting nor unlimited incoming calls!

IMG_0067.jpeg

Edit: @Meowington has submitted a support ticket & it has been verified by a CS_Agent that the wording is listed incorrectly on that plan! Please fix this!

“Updated from CS_Agent:

Hello,  I am delighted to assist you today!

Here are the details of the $15 plan and what is included:

*100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes and Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes

*Unlimited International text and Picture Messaging

*250 MB 

*data speed 3G

Available channel: Activation Portal Public Mobile / MyAccount.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I stay at your disposal!                                                    

Kindly,
CS_Agent”

The newly changed Data Add-on 30-day expiry sucks!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM ,

We are unable to submit a support ticket through the virtual assistant/chatbot. We can only private message CS_Agent!
Also, the link in virtual assistant/chatbot window to private message CS_Agent doesn’t work, it send us to the community!

IMG_0066.jpeg

Carla-Anne

We have signed up, paid, activated …. And NO SERVICE!! Can’t call.  Can’t text. Can’t go online. 

HELP?!?!

selmak

@PreachJohn1 It takes some time getting used to, from what i see actually a bit less than the previous interface. Scary part is if you do get cut off, my first instinct was to get to my community id which is not available to me (for now) so naturally i freaked out
for the 3g plans, they are not showing on the site, but once i log into the account i see the options for 15 and 25 3g plan.
i suspect that they are just not advertised and that you will be able to chose them during the activation, 

chadyyc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since Thursday, internet connection has dropped randomly at least a couple of times on my phone even when bar was full and was shown as connected to 5G network.  It would eventually come back, but was a huge inconvenience.  I have an iPhone 13 Pro, and am on a 3G plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97   The 500 mins. add-on is still available.   From the overview page click Add-ons from the top right of the page and select the Minutes tab.

I believe you also was asking about receiving the verification codes on suspended accounts.  You can still receive the code either via SMS or email but the phone may not show an alert that you've received a SMS and need to open the message app.  I tested that on a suspended account couple of days ago, the only problem was the SMS didn't seem to arrive during the several attempts and appeared (with the correct time stamp) much later on the phone.  However, there's an option when selecting resend to have it sent by email and VM.  I never tested voicemail.

@LitlLdy   So far only the data add-ons have the newly introduced 30 day expiry.  

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

The 500 Mins Canadian Add-on is no longer showing on the main PM website. Can anyone confirm is this add-on is gone for good? I have yet to be success in setting up my login as I am apprehensive in following through given all the problems with Eversafe, so I cannot check this myself yet.

@pm-smayer97 , I can see that the add-on is still available to add to my account (they expire 30 days after purchase)!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

The 500 Mins Canadian Add-on is no longer showing on the main PM website. Can anyone confirm is this add-on is gone for good? I have yet to be success in setting up my login as I am apprehensive in following through given all the problems with Eversafe, so I cannot check this myself yet.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM , the app is now doing this!

IMG_0062.jpeg

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@A_CX_PM can we add a tab like this to the community home page? 🤣

2023-05-26 21_51_22-Public Mobile Community.png

Psychotic_Crow

Also I forgot to mention, I keep getting logged out of my account for self-service.

Psychotic_Crow

So my Desktop will log into my normal regular Community ID (Via, logging into PM Self Serve then clicking Community) but my iPhone asked me to make a new Community ID (CityCrow). I don't know if this helps with your team for diagnosing the cause, but figured that I would let you guys know.

Please, please, please reverse the terminology on the websites. Keep plans as PLANS and Auto-Pay as auto-pay. Using "Subscription" interchangeably is so confusing. Because on every other telecom Subscription refers to the plan ;

ie. You are subscribed to an Unlimited Data plan with 5G connection at $XX.XX / month 

vs

You are on an auto-pay renewal for your subscription to an  Unlimited Data plan with 5G connection at $XX.XX / month 

The old website was so much more clear and definitive on this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeaGuide22   Good to hear you were able to send a message to support and hopefully they'll be able to resolve your issue soon. 

I'm still waiting for a fix to having to had to create a new community account/username along with many others.  So far no updates from PM as to when it will be fixed so have to just be patient, I guess..

BTW, you can tag the person who you are responding to by clicking the @ key on your keyboard and then selecting the correct username from the list that will pop up.  This way that user will get alerted that someone has tagged him/her if they happen to be online, of course.

@PreachJohn1 wrote:

I am a longtime existing Customer. I want to add the $15/3G account by activating it. I bought a SIM card for this. It is now nowhere to be found. No instructions work to find it. Cannot even create a Ticket. It fails every time.
The Site with Eversafe is now hellish to navigate. I have spent enormous time only to find nothing works properly anymore.

@PreachJohn1 , unfortunately the $15/3G Plan is only available on the app now! 😕

Things seem to be getting worse here!

Need Help? Let's chat.